Thread: FYI

Liked: 6

Default FYI

May have been noticed by others and just ignored.

http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...d6cafebb7cdaec

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Hey guys, I'm going to be here for a while in case anybody misses me. Probably going to end up being my new e-hangout.

Liked: 23

Correct my fifth grade math if it is wrong, but....

The series based on 10 cars:

Series entry fee- $500 X 10 = $5000 - $2000 payout for the series champion = $3000 Jon keeps

Event entry fee- $350 X 10 = $3500 - $400 payout to the winner only = $3100 Jon keeps per event.

Oh- there is a trophy presentation. I'm sorry- didn't want to reply to this tripe. I just couldn't help myself. And now the FE guys are being targeted.

I liked the idea of some boys getting together with a side bet and calling it what? The Wanker Grand Prix? At least you know who isn't holding the money....

Un Freakin' real!

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Yep pretty much the case...

Quote Originally Posted by DonArm View Post
    May have been noticed by others and just ignored.
    http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...d6cafebb7cdaec

Liked: 896

I think that ignore is an understatement. My plan is to forget about? Wait a minute, I forgot what I was writing about.

Thanks ... Jay Novak (I think)

Liked: 112

I have been a part if a few FE series now. This will NOT be one for my future!

Liked: 127

The new series name has such a nice ring to it.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    I think that ignore is an understatement. My plan is to forget about? Wait a minute, I forgot what I was writing about.

Thanks ... Jay Novak (I think)
    LOL !!

Liked: 23

Sorry for the negativity on my previous post. Only positive stuff from here on. See?

I feel better already!

Liked: 43

Would somebody please grab a plunger and push this guy thru the pipe. Add in a couple of courtesy flushes!

Maybe he has some of his donating sponsors willed into giving him a chance for 2013. Or he is in total despiration and in trouble this year trying to defend his massive blunder.

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going to be here for a while in case anybody misses me. Probably going to end up being my new e-hangout.

I went there and noticed that the cricketts couldn't even commit to staying positive. Very quiet. How long before he starts with the fictional members and dialect to show activity?

Now I am moving to Jay's way of thinking. What were we talking about?

Liked: 84

FB and FE? isn't that a 7-8 second difference at Road America? and doesn't FE already have their own Pro thing going on? this is getting weird.

Liked: 2

I wonder if Erik Skirmants and Enterprises has an opinion on this?

I also wonder how this works. Can I as an individual say I am starting a championship within SCCA races and call it the "Git you some" championship. It will include GT Lite and FA and I will ask racers pay me extra so I can then dole out some winnings after the race to the 5th place entrant. Can I just do that? Would SCCA have to approve and/or be invloved since I am using their weekend and brand?

If I can do that; I will. Starting next year. The additional fees will be 250 per weekend and the 5th place entrant in the combined GT lite FA race will get 200 dollars and a signed picture of me (Its a high school graduation pic. I had longer hair, not a mullet, although that was common in the 80's in Ohio). If there are not 5 entrants I will return half the entry fee to participants, or I mean, the other entrants will win 125 dollars!

Ken
    Ken

Liked: 1432

I think this will be the third FE "pro" option. USF2000 and the other east coast pro Fe think rettick and rayhall ran.

Shoot, Ian starting the ff/ spec miata pro series. The ff driver who doesn't die wins.

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    Shoot, Ian starting the ff/ spec miata pro series. The ff driver who doesn't die wins.

Cool. Fear factor open wheel style. Are y ou going to Speedcast it?
    Ken

Liked: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by KenT View Post
    Cool. Fear factor open wheel style. Are y ou going to Speedcast it?

No. I'm just going to say I am going to speedcast it.

Liked: 151

No foul langauge or negativity. Sounds like a place made for me.

I still go over to the F1000 site occasionally for the entertainment factor. Things seem to change constantly. It looks like the option for Brandon to get that Indy Lights test he had been hoping for has disappeared. I don't know what his career options are going to be now.

I also noticed that in the 2013 series, the test drives are only open to the top finishing driver under 20.

My impression was that Lewis was absolutely not expecting to have the average age of his podium be over 40. I think he planned on making the F1KCS a place for kids on their way up and spending daddy's money. The grown ups were going to be there to fill the field and spend some money. That didn't work out.

This whole thing was born of cluelessness. He didn't understand the class, he didn't understand the participants, and he didn't understand the equipment.

Liked: 112

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    I think this will be the third FE "pro" option. USF2000 and the other east coast pro Fe think rettick and rayhall ran.

The SCCA ProFE series ended after last year. It converted (in a way) to the USF2000 series which has been a lot of fun and very fast.

I can't wait to sign up for this new series, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I also noticed that in the 2013 series, the test drives are only open to the top finishing driver under 20.
    That makes it easy. The only competitor so far under 20 has a father that owns an Indy Lights team. I guess that means a test is a lock so that box is already ticked. Promise kept.
    Ken

Liked: 1886

Man - tough crowd here!

Banned
    Liked: 1116

This whole thing was born of cluelessness. He didn't understand the class, he didn't understand the participants, and he didn't understand the equipment.
    That was pretty apparent in the beginning when he'd make bold statements about certain rules and their enforcement and then ask hours later how the heck to enforce it.

He did understand nice crew shirts though

No foul langauge or negativity. Sounds like a place made for me.

I still go over to the F1000 site occasionally for the entertainment factor. Things seem to change constantly. It looks like the option for Brandon to get that Indy Lights test he had been hoping for has disappeared. I don't know what his career options are going to be now.

My impression was that Lewis was absolutely not expecting to have the average age of his podium be over 40. I think he planned on making the F1KCS a place for kids on their way up and spending daddy's money. The grown ups were going to be there to fill the field and spend some money. That didn't work out.

He shows the 2012 season final points break down with "x' amount of drivers and a certain pay out proportioned based on cars entered in the series. Has he forgotten that he has had more than 14 drivers entered for 2012. Also the points earned by the first four races by some will most likely eclipse those that might attend the events to come. Sounds like he is going to have to pay up a few individuals from rounds 1 thru 4. Or do you think he thinks he has wiped the slate clean from the first 4 races as part of the series. I see more descriptive changes coming on his site.

Liked: 7

Default Jus fagettaboutit

2012 was so yesterday

Thread Information