Thread: Pocono Rollcall

Liked: 9

Default Pocono Rollcall

Now, I can hardly believe my eyes but, it appears that I am the only FE going to Pocono. Any other takers? Come on now. The pavement is new. It's going to be really fast. All the cool kids are doing it.
    Anyone else ready to jump into the fray??

Zambo

It is on the way back from Mid-Ohio.
    Last edited by Zambo; 08.01.12 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Reference proximity to Mid-Ohio. Entice other competitors.

Liked: 45

Assuming I can get off work, I'll be there. Did they repave the infield too? Or just the oval?

Jon

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

Only the oval was repaved.

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

The Pocono NESCCA National has a Bonus National for the 'Wings and Things' group including FE. This is like a two day double national.

The infield road courses were not repaved; only the tri-oval. The Tri Region Race Group reluctantly decided to defer the introduction of the double infield course until the South Course transition paving was repaired. The track has said that the infield courses will be repaved for 2013.

http://www.triregionracing.org/

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    The Pocono NESCCA National has a Bonus National for the 'Wings and Things' group including FE. This is like a two day double national.

The infield road courses were not repaved; only the tri-oval. The Tri Region Race Group reluctantly decided to defer the introduction of the double infield course until the South Course transition paving was repaired. The track has said that the infield courses will be repaved for 2013.

http://www.triregionracing.org/

Terry
    Ah; okay.

Am I reading the schedule correctly that we'll be on track four times on Saturday (three qualifying sessions, and one race) and then once on Sunday (one race)?

Looks like Keith registered as well.

Jon

Liked: 10

Default gears

what gears would be a good starting point for a VD pinto with 10/31 RP at this track on august 11,12.
    don

Quote Originally Posted by donnie b View Post
    what gears would be a good starting point for a VD pinto with 10/31 RP at this track on august 11,12.
    don
    Don,
    You may want to check in the FC forum as all the FE's have spec gearing.

Nobody else is in for Pocono? It's a national with a ton of track time because it's basically a double for us.

Jon

Lots of fast open space and new pavement as well (except for the road course section). Are you sure there are not any other FE's going to show up?

Liked: 0

i am not able to make this event, plus i have herd nothing but bad things about this track. Hopefully next year the repave will be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by stradale425 View Post
    i am not able to make this event, plus i have herd nothing but bad things about this track. Hopefully next year the repave will be complete.
    Joe,
    I'm sorry that you have that impression even though you haven't been able to take part. As with any track, Pocono has some nuances which are different than some tracks. However, it is one of the few places that you win not only use your 1st gear (in a FE) in the race but, you will likely also reach the highest speed in an FE. I have found the staff and volunteers very helpful. As with most tracks, there is a budget which provides financial limits on what can be done. I, too, am hopeful they will be able to repave the remaining road course areas. In the meantime, though, the new track surface on the oval sections should prove to be stable and very fast.
    I look forward to seeing you at the next event.

I am going to make sure i go next year. The main reason i am not going is my wife and I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. I dont think i will be allowed back into my house if i attemt to go racing . I was under the impression that they are changing the track layout at pocono for the scca. Is this happening this year or next?

Default Borger's Speedway - Saylorsburg PA -- Mins from Pocono

****ATTENTION ALL POCONO AND NORTHERN NJ DRIVERS AND CAR OWNERS****

As some may or may not know, we paved the famous Borgers Speedway! It was Glen's big gamble! We are very eager to branch out and get different types of cars on the track ! If anyone is intrested in coming down and doing some testing for us please give me a call (201) 852-3488 or email me at boconnor75@hotmail.com!

Check us out on the web at www.borgers-speedway.com

I am going to make sure i go next year. The main reason i am not going is my wife and I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. I dont think i will be allowed back into my house if i attemt to go racing . I was under the impression that they are changing the track layout at pocono for the scca. Is this happening this year or next?
    Congratulations!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is fantastic news! A completely understandable reason. I was on hiatus until June due to the birth of our first little one in March. Due to the close proximity of Pocono, I'm making plans to "go to the supermarket", "make a run to Home Depot" and "check out some things at the mall". I'm hopeful that covers me for the weekend.

Congrats again!
    Zambo

PS I have no info on track configuration change but, I'll check into it.

i am going to try the going to the store story later in the year for that NARRC at limerock. Congrats to you on your little one as well.

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Guys

PS I have no info on track configuration change but, I'll check into it.
    Check out Post 4 above. The initial plan for 2012 was to run the Pocono combined infield course. Unfortunately, a crucial pavement improvement on the South Course was not made this year. Rather than expose competitors to a hazardous situation, Tri Region decided to run the existing course for one more year. The entire trioval has been repaved and the transitions on/off the main course have been repaired.

HTH

Terry

Great race at Pocono this weekend. With the bonus national, we had tons of track time. And the track did a really nice job with the new paving on the oval. It's very smooth - probably the smoothest braking zones I've ever had. Lots of fun.

Jon

thats great!! now i cant wait to go next year

joe

Thread Information