Thread: 1971 Lola

Liked: 30

Default 1971 Lola

Hi,

I'm moving this thread over from the FF Clasisfieds and it really isn't any more!

However, I could still use the help and collective knowledge of the group to answer som questions.

The car has a Cortina block in it, no head, and it may be the original engine. I just can't find any numbers on the block to try and identify it. The engine is still in the car so viewing is not that easy, unless you know where to look! Does anyone have any idea where these engines may have been stamped with a serial number?

I'm going to need a few parts to complete the car so I'll be posting on here for anyone with Lola T-200/202/204 parts looking for a good home!

Watch this space for updates . . . .

Ian

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

As I recall my old T340 (much missed, serial #2) factory build sheet had the chassis and gearbox ID'd but the engine was probably considered a consumable and was not documented.

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 433

Default Engine Numbers

Are you talking about the casting numbers on the block? If you are they are on the left rear lower side on the Cortinas and should end in 6015 on the 1600s.. As for the actual engine number, I just tried to find mine and couldn't. Don't know if that is any help.
    Graham.

Liked: 30

Default 1971 Lola

Hi,

No, not the casting numbers. The casting number is 2737E6015B

The Lola build sheets show engine and transmission numbers so I'm just trying to see if I can identify this as the original block that the car was shippied from the factory with. It's a bit of a long shot, but you never know!

Thanks,

Ian

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

I would guess if any number was stamped it would be on the head, like the builders stamp usually is. But I don't really know for Lolas outside of my single experience, so take it with a grain of salt.

tim

Liked: 5

Default Lola 202

I bought a new Lola in 1971 from Tom Heyser in MD. All the cars he had uprated Titan engines with engine number on valve cover.

Thread Information