Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spec Tires

Liked: 0

Daniel actually I have had many economics and business classes on my way to my masters. I only asked this question of you because you seem to be close to the tire suppliers. I really don’t' appreciate your patronizing tone. I wasn't trying to start an argument with you I just have a different opinion on this subject and again I thought that you might have a bit of insight that others might not have.

MH

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: BrooksHall ]
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 0

Sorry, I didn't intent to sound patronizing or make you defensive. I went back and took out that last paragraph about business school. What I was trying to get at was that there are alot of theories out there about how businesses work. Individual business theories are great for explaining concepts but are worthless by themselves for explaing real world operations because they always assume or ignore a certain set of facts and circumstances. To list them all and explain how they interact would take pages and pages of space and get real boring real fast for anyone who doesn't have an interest in that stuff (plus I'd have to spend a few weeks or months digging out my old notes and remembering everything). My suggestion that you go to business school if you were really interested in learning this stuff was not at all meant to be patronizing. I suggested that because that is what I did. The business overview courses I took as a biology major caught my attention and prompted me to change majors. After working for a few years I realized there was alot more to learn if I was going to understand why things worked like they did so I went back part time for a masters. That led to more questions about the legal aspects of business operations so I went back again... The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Liked: 53

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tab M:
    Maybe we could change the name of the class to Formula Mazda Jr. I'm a cheaper pig than most of you but I dont think this is the way to go. Hell even Formula Mazda doesnt use a spec tire. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to clarify, FM does use a spec tire in the Pro series, and most of the semi-pro series (running concurrently at Nationals). For all SCCA regional and national events (except the Runoffs), competitors are required to start the race on the tires used for qualifying, with the exeptions being a rain race (or rain qualifying), or with the C.S. permission 1 tire may be replaced with a used tire. It's all right there in the GCR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information