Liked: 309

Default eBay : Royale RP24

Found while browsing : Royale RP24

Not mine nor anyone I know.
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 190

Car was sold for $6,300.00 Claimed it was race ready.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 2

Has the market sunk that low?

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Apparently so. It's a car that is neither vintage nor competitive with new(ish) stuff. That's where the market is softest and only getting worse.

Really clean example though...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Default What is good??

Daryl,

Based on your comment what is old enough or new enough, and something that is not stuck in between? Cars that can be updated? I am just getting into this and looking for an affordable car. I simply want to get in quality seat time for the first year or two.

Liked: 113

Default Yes accepted in vintage.

This car would be welcome in VSCDA and any number of other vintage organizations welcoming CF on treaded tires.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Banned
    Liked: 1116

The cars that hold their value moreso than any other are those that are Vintage FF's (1972 or older).

Many vintage organizations allow Club Fords, some may require the car to have outboard suspension at both ends, others at one end only; so check your particular sanctioning body rules before making a choice.

As far as "new enough"...VintageFF, Club FF, SpecFF and Formula Ford can race in SCCA as FF.

If you just want to get your feet wet, buy a decent Club Ford IF your local vintage organization has a class for them. Should you decide you want to race vintage you can take it with you. Should you decide you want to race SCCA FF then you can upgrade and have 2 markets (SCCA Club Ford and Vintage Club Ford) to sell the current car to.

Liked: 11

Did the spare tub go with the car? That would be a screaming deal if true! I have my doubts about some of the ebay racecar sales, often they are "sold" and then pop up again on ebay a couple months later. Either the economy really sucks or no one cares about formula cars any more.

Liked: 319

I used to race an RP24 in CFF and was an early bidder on this car. The spare chassis came with the car, but no other spares. He told me he has another set of Revolutions but he was going to "negotiate on their purchase" post sale.

I should have asked if the spare frame was straight...
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

Liked: 0

Default Royale RP24

I bought the car, and I am pretty sure it is as represented. The spare frame and upper bodywork are part of the deal. We plan on running the car in CVAR (a member of the Vintage Motorsport Council) and with other vintage groups. The car can run slicks in CVAR, and one end with inboard shocks is no problem. Never have driven a Royale (I own Merlyn FFs and a Lola T640), but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Thread Information