Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

time to quit this thread

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Numbskull XIV View Post
    Hey guys, I know this is not the proper forum for this discussion but several of yous (Marshall Mauney, Ananth K, and Paddy O'Brien) mentioned racing in TAG, Honda and shifter karts as a cheap great way to get into racing. I wanted to know more about this. Where do they run? Costs? requirements? Clubs? Forums?

Jon,

Check out ekartingnews.com , the forum there has plenty of info.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by NPalacioM3 View Post
    I feel like you are just wasting others time on here at this point. Do you really think a sanctioning body is going to let you out with others in a race car with your DMV issued drivers license? Are you trolling? You will need all the necessary safety gear and yes, a competition license. Do a search on here, there is plenty of info on this site (and the GCR which you have supposedly downloaded) about the process. Do some homework on your own if you are serious about the hobby, all of the questions you are asking have answers on this site if you use the search function.

I told you, as have others, go up to Summit Point and attend an event (if you are serious about this) and talk with people in the paddock. But, there aren't going to be any F600's up there, especially at an FRCCA event...
    Sorry if im wasting your time nick, i did say i was new at this, you dont have to answer or read any thing if you dont want. I did download the gcr, remember the page references i gave, anyway i should have lenghend the question, i know you have to have a licence for the national level but what about regional or solos??

Liked: 5

You do not need a license to autocross a formula car. You will need a license for time trials, but that license doesn't require a school. You just fill out the form to get a novice time trial permit and then do a couple of track time trials under the watch of the time trial steward. If you prove you can safely navigate a track without being a danger to yourself of others then you will be signed off to a full time trial license. Regardless of having a time trial license you will still be required to attend a drivers school to get a regional road race license. From there you have to complete a few regional races successfully to turn your road race novice permit into a regional license. From their a few more regional races and you can apply for a national license. I wouldn't bother with the national license unless you plan on running national events as it costs a bit more. Depending on your previous experience and the comfort level of the car owner, you might be able to rent a car for a time trial.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information