Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 0

>>>What about MK8/9 vs LD200 like was mentioned earlier? Are there advantages of running an LD or Staffs vs a MK8/9?<<<

I feel if the Fit's are let in CF mandate the original transmission model remain, no updates to LD200/Staffs. I have seen what the differences are on a trans dyno and it's real HP never mind the weight, packaging and added option for pickup points. A minor point but the wording is as a preventative measure in my view.

If the pre-90 cars are let in CF I suspect the WGI CF car counts would be up, from memory there are a handful that used to run there.

Chris Dona

Liked: 201

Another view is I think Fits should be allowed in (as I previously mentioned) but if someone wants to change the trans then they should be allowed.
    There are a few reasons for this. The first, CF was supposed to be a class for older FF's. Keep the rules the same, there is no need to have differing rules between FF and CF. For CF just mandate one end be out board, run hard tires, and go. Any more rules than that are unnecessary. If you can do it in FF you should be able to do it in CF. You can already run data, updated shocks, alum heads, etc so why not other updates?

Another reason for allowing people to change the trans is specifically the Fit. The Fit is 'supposed' to run with the 13:36 diff. Some people use the 10:31 VERY few people (I think 1) use the 9:31 but gearing is really ideal when you have the 13:36. You can't get a 13:36 diff for a MK9 but you can for other trans so let people change the trans (if they really want to go through that expense). I promise that it will NOT be the reason you get beat.

>>>
    As much as I would love the opportunity to "double-dip" on the occasional weekend, you do not want my RF 90 in CF, even at 1200 lbs. I don't believe there is any way you can equalize for aero by adding weight.
    <<<
    Hi Geoff, Hope all is well - it wouldn't be the first time CF was on the side of your car, ask Greg and Peter Symonds about it at LRP, outside pole to Rob's ride on R600's and not just once... His Crossle' finished 2nd at WGI Nat'l over a lot of aero cars as well...it's not as big an advantage as you might think when we're all on 6" fronts!

Hi Andy, I see your point, I assume the Fit needs much lower RPM to run at peak, I ran a 10:31 for years in CF and should be the conversion option, need new gears that's part of the cost. A larger separation from FF will be the point that I feel the Fit 2011 rules should be frozen for CF, if not I vote it's banned like MARRS. Nobody wants their current CF to become less competitive due to the Honda being included in FF.

Time will tell, good luck guys. ~ Chris

The rule change was approved. The updated Club Ford rules are on www.NARRC.com.

Thanks!

Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    The rule change was approved. The updated Club Ford rules are on www.NARRC.com.

Thanks!
    Looks great! Well done (in my opinion!)
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Quote Originally Posted by Will Velkoff View Post
    Looks great! Well done (in my opinion!)
    Very Nice, thanks very much for the effort.

Now we'll see if any FIT's show up with LD200's

Thanks again
    Rob Weiner
    NCF #3

The whole MARRS vs NARRC rules got me thinking about something a bit...

What do you guys think of doing a NARRC vs MARRS CF Battle during one weekend a year, say at NJMP as it is a middle ground between the two groups? Have the two regions go in and split the cost of a cheap trophy for bragging rights?

I don't know, thought it could be a fun way to setup a friendly competition between the two groups and help get some more CF cars out for one big event each season. Something to help boost the fields and get cars on the track.

Comments?
    Will Velkoff

Liked: 201

The whole MARRS vs NARRC rules got me thinking about something a bit...

What do you guys think of doing a NARRC vs MARRS CF Battle during one weekend a year, say at NJMP as it is a middle ground between the two groups? Have the two regions go in and split the cost of a cheap trophy for bragging rights?

I don't know, thought it could be a fun way to setup a friendly competition between the two groups and help get some more CF cars out for one big event each season. Something to help boost the fields and get cars on the track.

Comments?
    I think that is a good idea. Years ago (they still might, I don't know) SARRC and MARRS had a double together at VIR and back then there was a good crowd in CF in both SARRC and MARRS and it was quite an event.

Quote Originally Posted by andyllc View Post
    I think that is a good idea. Years ago (they still might, I don't know) SARRC and MARRS had a double together at VIR and back then there was a good crowd in CF in both SARRC and MARRS and it was quite an event.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe we could set it up for the Double NARRC Regional at NJMP this summer, August 18th and 19th at NJMP Thunderbolt.

This could be a lot of fun if everyone gets on board with it!
    Will Velkoff

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Will

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe we could set it up for the Double NARRC Regional at NJMP this summer, August 18th and 19th at NJMP Thunderbolt.

This could be a lot of fun if everyone gets on board with it!
    The Jersey Racing Board would certainly facilitate such a challenge. We have had four regionals in the past three years that have had both MARRS and NARRC sanctions. In fact, the impetus for a standard rule set arose out of these races where we need to have two separate classes for CF (MARRS) and NCF (NARRC). Because of these common events we have lobbied for a common set of rules.

Unfortunately, there will be no head to head, sanctioned competition this year as MARRS will visit our Lightning Challenge regional on 30 June-1 July while NARRC will visit our Summer Thunder regional on 18-19 August. That said, the JRB will help set up a challenge if the is competitor interest.

See ya at the races

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Will

The Jersey Racing Board would certainly facilitate such a challenge. We have had four regionals in the past three years that have had both MARRS and NARRC sanctions. In fact, the impetus for a standard rule set arose out of these races where we need to have two separate classes for CF (MARRS) and NCF (NARRC). Because of these common events we have lobbied for a common set of rules.

Unfortunately, there will be no head to head, sanctioned competition this year as MARRS will visit our Lightning Challenge regional on 30 June-1 July while NARRC will visit our Summer Thunder regional on 18-19 August. That said, the JRB will help set up a challenge if the is competitor interest.

See ya at the races

Terry
    Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply. So if the MARRS and NARRC CF rules are aligned for 2013, would it be possible to set up a regional that is sactioned by both groups to accomodate this? I'm not sure of the logistics that go into organizing an event but that could work out well if it's an annual event.

Thanks,

Will
    Will Velkoff

Liked: 280

Default NARRC Rule Changes

Hi,

As Terry has pointed out the current schedule has developed so that MARRS & NARRC are at NJMP at different events this season.

However, there are two potential weekends when a MARRS/NARRC or Club Ford challenge event could be arranged. The 2012 MARRS championship ends on Labor Day at the WDCR double regional event. DC Region still has a regional race scheduled for October 6 & 7 at Summit Point.

This event is not a MARRS race, but is being set aside to do some events that are somewhat special. There will be some type of enduro for the classes that are enduro eligible. For the those cars that are not enduro eligible (FV/F500/Wings & Things/GT1/etc.) there will be 50 mile sprint races. The FV group has had special races in the past two seasons and has done well at drawing 24 to 25 cars for this race.

I have already spoken with Dave Harmison and Phil Kingham about the possibility of them coming out from Detroit if we can arrange some kind of Club Ford Challenge race for that weekend. Dave and Phil have come out for the Fun One at the Glen, but they are not up for the possibility of spending half the race distance behind a pace car. If we could put together a good turnout; I am sure they will come and perhaps bring some other CenDiv people with them.

South Jersey Region host the Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP Thunderbolt on October 20 &21. I cannot speak for SJR or Terry, but I can promise that I would support such an event if SJR had one and I do my best to persuade the MARRS competitors to do so as well.

What about NARRC? It would be sure be fun if Will, Rob, Jim MacNichol, Steve Roux, Mike Rand???, et all showed up too.

Joe Marcinski

Liked: 56

I have raced in the SARRC/MARRS double at VIR and it was a great event. I would want to support a MARRS/NARRC double but, for now at least, my Crossle Fit is not welcome in MARRS/NARRC CF.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Quote Originally Posted by CF56 View Post
    I have raced in the SARRC/MARRS double at VIR and it was a great event. I would want to support a MARRS/NARRC double but, for now at least, my Crossle Fit is not welcome in MARRS/NARRC CF.

For 2012, you are welcome in NARRC

See the 2012 rules on the website

www.narrc.com
    Will Velkoff

Liked: 4

Default Narrc/Marrs NCF/FF Series for 2013

-June-LRP
    -July-WG
    -Aug-NJMP-T
    -Sept-Summit

We have about 15 guys running CF/NCF. Is there any interest in getting
    bigger more competive fields using Marrs and Narrc schedules ?

Current CF/NCF drivers- Mike Rand, JD King, Steve Roux, Alan Walker, Joe Marcinski,
    Steve Wilson, Alan Van DeWeghe, Will Velkoff, Wayne Nicolette, Chuck Van Norstrand,
    Greg Kokolus, Rob Wiener, Arnie Levine. Sorry if I missed anybody !!!

It' just a thought, What do you guys think ?
    Jim MacNicholl

Quote Originally Posted by jpmacnicholl View Post
    -June-LRP
    -July-WG
    -Aug-NJMP-T
    -Sept-Summit

We have about 15 guys running CF/NCF. Is there any interest in getting
    bigger more competive fields using Marrs and Narrc schedules ?

Current CF/NCF drivers- Mike Rand, JD King, Steve Roux, Alan Walker, Joe Marcinski,
    Steve Wilson, Alan Van DeWeghe, Will Velkoff, Wayne Nicolette, Chuck Van Norstrand,
    Greg Kokolus, Rob Wiener, Arnie Levine. Sorry if I missed anybody !!!

It' just a thought, What do you guys think ?

I'm all in for that, hopefully we can get the two groups together for some strong East Coast Club Ford racing! How can we accomplish this?
    Will Velkoff

Liked: 23

I'm in!

When, where?
    Van Diemen RF 79 #? Van Deimen RF 78 #231

It's not how fast you go.
    It's how well you go fast.

Liked: 8

Default Narrc rule changes

Hi
    I'd say there is a strong likelyhood that I'll be at the LRP race in June and after that things will be somewhat dependant on my mechanic and his work schedule.
    We are already planning on doing the vintage event at LRP on Labor Day.
    I want to try something different and I have been getting a strong endorsement of the group from a fellow CF driver.
    Greg Kokolus
    PRS RH-01

Quote Originally Posted by PRS56 View Post
    Hi
    I'd say there is a strong likelyhood that I'll be at the LRP race in June and after that things will be somewhat dependant on my mechanic and his work schedule.
    We are already planning on doing the vintage event at LRP on Labor Day.
    I want to try something different and I have been getting a strong endorsement of the group from a fellow CF driver.
    Greg Kokolus
    PRS RH-01
    Yeah, definitely planning on the NARRC Double Regional at LRP June 8-9, lets try and get a solid CF field! Probably going to try and do the Rational two weeks later at LRP as well if all goes well the 8th-9th weekend.
    Will Velkoff

Liked: 73

Default CF challenge weekend

Guys & Gals,
    Why not have an event geared towards CF in general?

The South Jersey Region is fortunate enough to have a great facility in the Thunderbolt Track at NJMP that can accomodate special events.
    Plenty of paddock space for a large CF encampment as well as Stewards and planners that are willing to work the schedule to accomodate groups that want to hold special events.

The Summer Thunder event on Tbolt on August 18-19 comes complete with an available SCCA sanctioned Test Day on the 17th. The race weekend format is usually combined practice/qualify in the morning on Saturday followed by a qualifying race where results (not times) sets the field for Sunday's race.

Being situated in the heart of the Eastern side of the NEDiv makes it a no brainer.

If we get this going now I think 3 months leadway is plenty to get planning underway.

Thoughts?

JD
    Zink Z10

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. King View Post
    Guys & Gals,

The South Jersey Region is fortunate enough to have a great facility in the Thunderbolt Track at NJMP that can accomodate special events.
    Plenty of paddock space for a large CF encampment as well as Stewards and planners that are willing to work the schedule to accomodate groups that want to hold special events.

The Summer Thunder event on Tbolt on August 18-19 comes complete with an available SCCA sanctioned Test Day on the 17th. The race weekend format is usually combined practice/qualify in the morning on Saturday followed by a qualifying race where results (not times) sets the field for Sunday's race.

Being situated in the heart of the Eastern side of the NEDiv makes it a no brainer.

If we get this going now I think 3 months leadway is plenty to get planning underway.

Thoughts?

I was planning on doing that event for sure. I made a post awhile back about doing an annual CF shootout between MARRS and NARRC and whoever else, would be a great tradition to get going. Would be nice to see a large CF field at least once a year. And NJMP is a pretty central location.

What do we need to get this in motion?
    Will Velkoff

Liked: 73

I was planning on doing that event for sure. I made a post awhile back about doing an annual CF shootout between MARRS and NARRC and whoever else, would be a great tradition to get going. Would be nice to see a large CF field at least once a year. And NJMP is a pretty central location.

What do we need to get this in motion?

I think first we need expressed interest, and secondly we need series administrators willing to do the work necessary to keep seperate points.

Personally i think our race should reference both sets of rules and mandate that you must completely comply with one set or the other....in essense no more NCF distinction. We are club fords, let the series administrators worry about points, I just want to race against the fun and talented group that makes up CF.
    Last edited by J.D. King; 05.15.12 at 10:51 AM.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. King View Post
    Guys & Gals,

Thoughts?

Geez JD that sounds like a lot of fun. I just looked at the calender and i have a conflict that weekend. I'll see if I can juggle stuff. Like you said there is plenty of time.

I've always wanted to come to your neck of the woods and learn the track from you. If i could even keep up:-)

I'll figure out something in the next couple of weeks, and I'll post on here.

Be in touch soon.

Rob Weiner
    NCF #3
    Rob Weiner
    NCF #3

Yeah, definitely planning on the NARRC Double Regional at LRP June 8-9, lets try and get a solid CF field! Probably going to try and do the Rational two weeks later at LRP as well if all goes well the 8th-9th weekend.
    He Will,

I was trying to the Dbl race, but as it turns out I'll be in Fla till the 5th. Leaving tomorrow.

The car needs some work before I'm ready to come and race with you, and the boys. so not likely I'll be there for that one. Maybe the Rational..

Hope to see you soon
    Rob Weiner
    NCF #3

Liked: 4

Default CF Weekend

JD
    Sounds like a good weekend, I have a wedding on Sat,
    But I will be there for Sunday morning !!!!
    Jim MacNicholl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information