Liked: 0

Default Removing rear stub axle from upright, Caldwell D9

Hi,

Trying to replace rotors and I need guidance in removing the rear stub axle from the upright.

Ujoint apart, nut removed from stub axle...... what/how do I remove/drive the stub axle through the upright?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

Try gently tapping with a heavy hammer with someone holding a oiece of hardwood against the end the nut came opff of. The wood is to keep from buggering the threads and generally not mess up the stub axle.

If that does not work, wait for someone who knows about that particular car to answer.

But usually they are a just snug fitin the bearings, but not always.

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that without any success, maybe need a bigger hammer.

Frustrating.

try a pinion puller....
    79 Van Diemen FF/CF

Liked: 96

Default make a puller

Take a pc of flat steel, drill 2 holes to bolt onto alternate holes. Drill a hole in the center and weld a nut to the plate or just put the nut on the inside, screw a bolt down the center and you have made a puller. It can be as crude or elegant as you want to make it, but either will do the same job.

john f

Thanks, I'll give this a try. Appreciate your idea.

Thread Information