Thread: Puke Tank

Liked: 10

Does anyone know of a supplier that sells a good quality puke tank that has some actual fittings on it with a drain. I'm tired of all the old oil bottles and kitchen utensils to catch our bad stuff.

------------------
    Dale Carter
    94/95 Van Diemen "28"
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Dale:
    www.colemanracing.com

Search for "breather tank"

Has inlet port, breather filter, and petcock.

About $50

Not a lot in the catalogue applicable to road race, but pretty good prices.

Might also try www.speedwaymotors.com , but they don't have an online catalogue...
    You know you're old when all your driving heros are collecting Social Security...

Try Summit Racing Equipment, call 800-230-3030 or online at www.summitracing.com . A one quart tank with remeovable filter, 6-AN fitting, drain valve, plug, and mounting hardware is $29.99, free shipping.

Liked: 10

Daniel, I could not find it in the Summit on- line catalog. What do they call it? Thanks

[This message has been edited by Dale Carter (edited January 06, 2001).]
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Sorry about that. They call it an "oil breather tank." Summit is the manufacturer, part number SUM-G1504 (black), SUM-G1505 (blue) and SUM-G1506 (red). It took me a few minutes to find it but they do have a picture of it online.

For a pure "catch tank" without the breather or the AN fitting, just a tank with a hose barb fitting, a drain valve and hardware, check part number SUM-G1472 (black), SUM-G1474 (white), SUM-G1476 (blue) and SUM-G1478 (red) for $14.50. The above tanks are polyethylene. They have aluminum ones for $45.50, SUM-300100 (octagon) and SUM-300101 (round).

Request a catalog while you're there. Most of their stuff is for big domestic V8s but they do have decent prices on stuff like Aeroquip and Earl's fittings, plug wires, hardware, MSD products, trailer accessories and some tools. (No, I don't work for them or own stock in the company. I'm just a satisfied customer

[This message has been edited by Daniel (edited January 06, 2001).]

Liked: 126

I agree - get the Summit Racing catalog - mostly V8 stuff but good prices on general racing equipment.

Thread Information