Liked: 201

Default Fuel Pressure Sensor Help

Hey Guys
    For those that have installed the optional harness from HPD that includes the fuel pressure sensor...where do you guys mount the fuel pressure sensor?

Liked: 102

The kit comes with a straight AN-6 fitting with a 1/8 NPT female thread on one side. The NPT port is where the fuel sample fitting goes. I added a McMaster (upate: deleted part number of brass tee for your safety) tee fitting with the fuel sample valve in one end and the fuel pressure sensor on the other, and the base of the tee screwed into the AN-6 fitting.

Also, I used the same fitting, with an adapter from the kit, to install both the oil pressure switch and the oil pressure sensor. So, you might want to order two while you're at it.

Update: This post convinced me that I should replace the brass tees with steel. I just finished that job with McMaster 48805K192 for both the fuel and oil pressure sensor tees.
    Last edited by Neil_Roberts; 06.02.12 at 2:37 PM. Reason: Part number for steel tee instead of brass

Liked: 23

The fuel gauge adapter is where I installed mine. I don't run the fuel sample port. The rules allow a dry break to act as the fuel port though you need to bring a mating dump line to tech and just put that inline down stream. A dry break is pretty prudent for an electric pump on a race car if the back goes north and the cockpit goes south.

Are brass fittings common on race car fuel systems? I'm sure they're suited for the pressure, but would be concerned about the mechanical vibration over time. With gasoline it would turn into a big failure quickly IMO.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4360

I used a plugged port (1/8 NPT) on our (external) fuel pressure regulator.

Note: before plugging in the Aux harness, make sure locking ring is full retracted to the detent position. Otherwise, the connector goes together but gets broken.
    Last edited by problemchild; 05.05.12 at 6:43 AM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Thread Information