Liked: 5

Default Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Community Review

Hello All,

As some of you have probably heard the long awaited Fanatec Clubsport Wheel is coming quite soon! And this is your chance to be apart of the Community Test!

My name is Zac Burke, I will be the Community Test Manager for apex speed.com. I have been sim racing for 2-3 years and am currently most active on Iracing but also Rfactor and Forza Motorsport. I also race a Formula Renault up here in Canada (which is what had lead me here.) I currently use a Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel and Clubsport pedals.

Here is how the structure of the test will look:

1. Potential candidates are to post about why they believe they are fit to test the CSW. Please include information about your sim racing career and what sim equipment you use. Also some info about your real car won't hurt either (and i like pictures ).

Here is a list of information i will need if you make the top 10 but will help in the selection process now!:
    · Favourite Games (and platforms)
    · Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally, Drift
    · Current gear
    · Link to reviews you made in the past
    · Short introduction and statement why you would be the best for the job'

Please indicate why you believe you would do the best job with the review.

2. I am to pick 10 applicants which appear best suited to review the wheel. And get the above information from them.

3. After 7 days, i will start a pole of those 10 that i had chosen and you are to vote for the candidate you believe will do the best job with the test. Voting will take place for 7 days.

4. I will then contact the "chosen one" and get you in contact with the Community Test Supervisor at Fanatec and off you go with the review!

Here is some of the technical info if your interested:
    · Community reviewers of the CSR Elite wheel can not participate in this community review
    · Reviewer is asked to write an honest review
    · Reviewer will receive a CSW base with the two rims, but will also be offered to test compatible pedals, table clamp and a wheel stand, if he wants
    · Reviewer is required to inform the Community test supervisor about any problems he may have with the products during the test period
    · Reviewer can not leak any information regarding the products he is reviewing before embargo is lifted
    · Every reviewer will have at least 14 days to review the products, but exact review period will be determined after all the community reviewers have received the wheels
    · Due to past problems, reviewer will unfortunately be required to make a 50% deposit of the full value of products he will receive
    · After the review period is over and review is posted on-line Fanatec will ask the reviewer, if he wants to return the gear or keep it
    · He can keep it and the deposit he made earlier stays with Fanatec, so he receives a 50% discount for the effort he put in testing
    · If he decides to return some or all of the gear, Fanatec will refund his original 50% deposit + shipping costs for that gear immediately
    · only users from EU, North America, Australia and Japan can participate

More information regarding the test or Fanatec see here:http://www.911wheel.de/

Heres your chance to practice up before the real season!!!

Any questions feel free to ask!
    Last edited by Zac.B; 04.02.12 at 5:46 PM.

Liked: 0

Hi,

My name is John Nelson. I have been sim racing since 2005. I have raced EA F1 Challenge before moving to Rfactor in 2008. I have raced every kinfd of mod from F1 which is current to NASCAR to WTCC to Endurance racers and even Formula Atlantic mod here.

I raced Formula Atlantics and FF2000 from 1989 until 2001 won a few regional titles. I am currently using a G25 wheel and pedal set. I am 51 years old live in New York, USA. I have never done a proper review in the past and this oportunity sounds very intriguing. If chosen I would be honored to write a complete and detailed review of the product and honest opinion. I am confident it will increase my sim racing experience.

Thanking you in advance,

John Nelson
    flyer23@optonline.net

Hello

My name is Stephen Miller. I have been a sim racer since 1990. I started sim racing with Pole Position and a keyboard, graduating through various sims: World Circuit, Indcar Racing, the Grand Prix Franchise, Grand Prix Legends, F1 Challenge & F12002, GTR2 and rFactor. I currently league race in the Apexspeed Winter League and VLMS/ERL LMP2. Prior to that I league raced with the old MNRL in various classes including LMP2, GroupC, Indycar & F5000. Starting with a Virtual Pilot, followed by a Guillmont Ferrari force feedback wheel, I now race with a G25 wheel and modified G25 pedal set mounted in a self designed racing rig.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums...p?f=110&t=2493

My background in racing is on the engineering side. As a mechanical engineer specializing in engine lubrication, I have worked with F2000, Rothmans Porsche Challenge, Champcar and F1, including the opportunity to design performance enhancing engine lubricants for the 1988 & 1989 Formula One World Championship Winning Team. At present I participate in technical team management with an amateur F2000 team.

Attachment 30512

I have a keen eye for detail, being a builder of highly detailed scale model racing cars.

http://members.shaw.ca/millersbrm/speeddetails.html

As an author, I write, illustrate and publish Model Detailing Profiles to assist scale model builders with accurate detailing of their projects. Additionally, I have also authored product brochures & supporting technical literature, as well as magazine articles and technical articles, papers and presentations.

I would like to offer my unique combination of experiences, and perspective to the Fanatec Clubsport wheel review!

I can be reached by PM here at Apexspeed.

cheers
    Stephen
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Last edited by smbrm; 04.02.12 at 7:50 PM.

Liked: 49

Stephen, will you write my job application cover letters? Well done! I almost feel like buying you a wheel myself haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Santos View Post
    Stephen, will you write my job application cover letters? Well done! I almost feel like buying you a wheel myself haha.
    Thanks Tiago. You want to trade a letter for a wheel?! Cool!

Stephen

Default Info about the wheel.

Here is some videos and such on the wheel to spark up some interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnxlWXs_CY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuhp...eature=channel

If you are at all interested just post here or send me a pm! This is a great opportunity to test out one of the best wheels not yet on the market!!

Default Final Day

This is your last chance to get your name in for the voting. I will be starting the voting tomorrow and everyone who has applied advances to the voting round do to low application numbers.

There are still 5 guaranteed spots for the voting.

Driving style:
    Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally

Favourite Games (and platforms):
    iRacing, netKar Pro, rFactor2, CARS, GT5, F1 2011, RBR

Current gear:
    Gaming PC
    PS3
    XBOX 360
    ButtKicker Gamer 2
    43" Triple Screen Setup
    Playseat
    Logitech G27
    GoPro HD Hero2

USA

I don't really have any track racing experience, but I've always loved motor sports and I've been sim racing for over three years and spend almost all my free time doing it. I've also done a decent amount of autocross racing and have used the OMP Superturismo, OMP Corisca and Sparco 375, which are similar to the BMW rim. Sim racing has definitely helped with autocross and autocross has helped with sim racing so I think the experience in both will be beneficial when testing these products. With my work schedule I have almost unlimited time to test so I would be able to commit a lot of time to deliver a highly detailed and thorough review. I have experience using the G25, G27, Fanatec 911 GT3 and Thrustmaster GT500RS and would contribute a completely unbiased review including high quality photos and video. I also just purchased a GoPro HD Hero2 so I can film some awesome first-person videos of the wheel in action. The possible camera angles with the GoPro provide a unique perspective of the wheel in action.

I haven't participated in any product reviews in the past, but I've already started doing research to figure out the most important aspects for the review and will put in the work to provide the in-depth information potential customers will be looking for. I know the amount of comprehensive research I do any time I'm searching for a product and I know how beneficial unbiased and detailed reviews are so I'll do my best to deliver that. If I get this opportunity I would also be completely open to questions and requests to help provide any specific information people are looking for. I might not have the most experience, but I'll definitely put in the time and effort to deliver a review that covers everything you want to know about these products and more. The sim racing community has always been super helpful and it would be awesome to get this opportunity to be a part of that and contribute to the product development.

Thread Information