Thread: Another Scammer

Liked: 2

Default Another Scammer

There is yet another scammer in the neighborhood.

I placed a wanted thread looking for shift linkage for a DB3. I got a response from the person listed below, saying he had the parts, available for 200 pounds, but because his PayPal account was "dormant", payment had to be through Western Union.

I did a little research and found the read Dave Starkie, at the address shown, found his email address, which is different from the one below, sent him a note, and as expected, he has no knowledge of race car parts. He apparently is however, very interested in amateur radio.

So be careful of this guy (person).

Art

Dave Starkie
    5, Kidbrooke Avenue, Blackpool, Lancashire FY4 -1QR England
    davestarkie1@gmail.com

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

I would like to point out the significance of that "i" in his last name....

Liked: 3

Default scammers

I got a little experience with this subject last year,
    This is what I learned.
    In England I was told, it is extremely easy to get both e-mail addresses and mobile phones with out any real street address, no ID info required. Therefore the person you are dealing with may not even be in england.

The western union instant funds transfer request should be a warning, also the fact that the sellers are guests and not Apexspeed members is another point that should make you slow down the speed of your transaction.

So asking questions, requesting photo's and back up info is a good idea. Do not rush.
    The more excuses you get (like my camera is broken, do not know how to upload photo's etc)
    the more likey you are dealing with a wanker. Obviously there are many good sources of parts there also.

BTW, the sellers sometimes just steal the photo's and techinical info from other apexspeed adds!

TTMRacing

I too had an email from a David Starke regarding Elan DP-04 parts. Said he couldn't send me photos of the parts and could have them for 300 pounds. Felt fishy, and I guess it is.

Thread Information