Liked: 0

Default Grady/Honda info?

Hey guys-

I know this is note quite this forums topic, but thought maybe someone may have run across this in their travels ;-) I know i have run into some random stuff...

I am looking for a D sports special that was built in the late 60's by Henry Grady (of BEGRA ), it was originaly built with twin honda 305 motors, then later with one of the first CB 750-4 motors in the us (its a great story actually). Was originally called the Grady Special, then later the "Honda Maru". It won the D sports runoffs in 72 and 73, with Harry Stephensen, who unfortunately passed away last year. It was supposedly sold to Rob Hoskins, but unable to confirm that.

Its last sighting was in florida, or possibly at the old rattlesnake raceway in NM (?). If anyone has any info, or has run across something similiar, please throw me a note, as who knows what shape/configuration its in now, or WAS in.

I am looking for the car for the original builder, Henry Grady, as a favor, and would love to get it back, or at least know where its at!

Thanks. I posted a couple pics of what it looked like. I dont have any pictures of it with 750 power. Send me an email if you think you have any info at all!

Thanks a bunch-

Erik
    skyhey at hotmail .com

Liked: 2

WOW! Very cool!

Keep us posted if/when you do find out anything more about this car.

Lance

Liked: 25

Default More Pictures

There are pictures with the 750, too, at:
    http://www.virhistory.com/beach/grady.htm

A friend knew of these pictures, but Erik had already found them.
    - Frank C

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

Even though it has fenders, one really neat car.

Thread Information