Liked: 0

Default BugFest - Milwaukee

Posted this at FormulaVee.org as well.

June 9th there is a bug VW show in Milwaukee (BugFest at Concours Motors).

I think it would be great to get a group of FV/FST cars out there for a display of VW aircooled roadrace cars, answer questions, maybe get some new SCCA members, etc.

I'll coordinate with the promoters for the space but I'd like to have a good idea how many people would be willing to commit. I think the "entry fee" per car would be about $10 or so.

I think with a little pre-planning we could do something cool, but we can't wait until the last second to put it together.

I'm thinking we could get a supply of Jim's "Getting Started in FV/FST" books (either to sell or give away), we could have people with cars for sale send a bunch of "flyers" about their cars, maybe have some free hotdogs, etc etc.

If you think you would attend, send me at e-mail (Bob "at" graybeardracer "dot" com) with name, phone, type of car.

Thanks
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Liked: 2

This can be under "What Does FV need for the future?", since it would get the SCCA out from under the Secret Car Club of America moniker, thus allowing people to realize there is a place for auto racing.

I have done it at the San Francisco Auto Show and the majority of the people don't even know we exist. The Bugfest would be perfect to FV and FST classes.

If you can supply power, then video can be shown and try to get some pamphlet from SCCA with membership applications and race schedules.

It will probably be outdoors, and during summer. A little kindness can go a long way. If possible bring some cooler cups and water to hand out free. Just a suggestion.

Liked: 53

Great idea Bob!
    Other FV/FST owners/drivers could do this in other states where there are VW get togethers! I only wish there were some in Upstate NY.

G.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Liked: 190

Bob has a great idea. Car shows are nothing new, but racers don't think about showing, they just want to race. I'm planning to join Bob up in Milwaukee and hope to find a new potential racer. I've got a flat screen with a DVD loop of in car footage. If we can get 120v power, I'd be glad to bring it as well.

VW clubs and shows are everywhere. Here is a link that will help you find your local club and the shows that they put on:

General site - www.thesamba.com

Local VW clubs: www.thesamba.com/vw/clubs/

VW Shows: www.thesamba.com/vw/shows/

G. Brian, found one just for you: www.chateaugayvolkswageninvasion.yolasite.com/

They have a VW show coming up on July 14

It looks to be about as upstate NY as possible!
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Bill - I would assume that power will be available since it's at a dealership, but I'll bring my generator (3500 watt peak power - should do the job) just in case.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Thread Information