ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default PHOTOBOOKS - The official 2011 Year In Review photobook

The perfect Christmas gift, a thank you for your sponsor, or simply a memento from the 2011 racing season, the 2011 Year In Review Photobook will look fantastic on your shelf or your coffee table.

The book, printed by Apple's printing press, is of the highest quality. Photos are printed in stunning 300dpi on professional glossy paper. The book itself is a massive 13 inches by 10 inches closed, spreading to 26 inches when open. Included, are a printed hardcover and a printed dust cover. I cannot stress the quality of this print, it is at a professional level and is not simply some supermarket novelty.

Featured in the book, among other things, is a six page write-up for each race weekend, filled with huge photos and a summary of the events. Every driver that participated at a race during the 2011 season is in the book at least once, as a full driver roster is included.

Each book will cost $100.00, shipping included. This is not a profitable endeavor, as $100.00 is "at cost" when shipping is included. Apple has a lead time of two weeks on their printing; therefore, if you wish to have your book by December 25th, please put in your order and pay by December 5th.

All purchase requests can be sent to Dennis Valet at dennis.valet@gmail.com

Orders will continue past December 5, but please mind the deadline if you wish to have the book by Christmas. Please visit Apple's printing site if you would like more information on the quality of the books they produce.

http://www.apple.com/ilife/print-products.html

Some Sample Pictures - a driver roster page and the VIR writeup. Sorry for the watermark, but you can understand why it might be needed! These photos are of two 13x10 inch pages next to each other, so that if you drew a line down the middle, that would be the binding.

This is the cover

Again, I did not produce this book to make money. $100.00 is going to get me to break even on the books themselves. These books are of fantastic quality. If anyone saw the book TJ gave to Tim Kautz at Mid Ohio, they can vouch for these prints. The F2000 book will be identical to the F1600 book, except filled with F2000 details, of course.

As an additional option, if you would like your car on the cover of the book, I can arrange that for $50. It's a significant amount of work to change the cover, but at $50.00 I can justify the extra work, and the book will have that extra touch of customization for yourself.

If you order three copies of F2000 book, and want the same cover on all three, that's just a one time $50 charge, not $50 for each book. However, if you want the same picture on both versions of the book, or you want different covers on each book you order, they will be $50 each.
    Last edited by Dennis Valet; 11.29.11 at 12:50 AM.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Dennis,
    I will get the order book underway, along with Eakin, and order one of each series book.
    Knowing full well these will be spectacular, can't wait ti see them and relive the 2011 season.
    With all of our thanks for your efforts all year,
    Mike Rand

Liked: 0

Ordered one of each. Can't wait to get Steve Oseth to sign my F1600 book!

As an additional option, if you would like your car on the cover of the book, I can arrange that for $50. It's a significant amount of work to change the cover, but at $50.00 I can justify the extra work, and the book will have that extra touch of customization for yourself.

If you order three copies of F2000 book, and want the same cover on all three, that's just a one time $50 charge, not $50 for each book. However, if you want the same picture on both versions of the book, or you want different covers on each book you order, they will be $50 each.

Again, just email me if you want to talk about it

Dennis.valet@gmail.com

Dennis, great looking book and I want to order two of them. What is on the standard cover of your book?
    John

It's a good question John, I had one picked but I am debating changing it. I will post the cover here when I decide. I can understand someone wanting to see the cover before deciding on spending the $50 or not to customize it.

Shoot me an email with your address and I'll get you all set up.

dennis.valet@gmail.com

This is the cover I have settled on, updating the original post to include it

Liked: 42

Everyone needs to buy one of these, or more.

I saw a prototype at Mid-Ohio, that was quickly bought by someone in the paddock.

The quality is incredible, printing is top-notch... impress your friends.

Liked: 7

Default Great book

Imagine my surprise when I came home and found a package from Apple on my doorstep. This photo book is extraordinary. A huge thanks to Dennis for this effort and to someone who is much older than me.

Thanks to both
    SteveO

Liked: 3787

Steve,
    I saw your post, and went and checked the front door...

OMG!

What a book. I flipped it open and just randomly picked a page. There was Tim coming straight at me bouncing off the curb at Oak Tree in very hi def!

I'm going back to looking at the book.

Awesome!

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

CRAP!!!!! wasn't expecting it so soon. saw your posts and went to check. nada . maybe tomorrow.

Liked: 157

Ric, dont feel so bad---Dennis hasnt seen one yet either. To get the books into everyone's hands as quickly as possible, he decided to have Apple ship them direct to everyone in the US (couldnt do that for Canada and Australia, sorry) rather than having them shipped to him first. It took a lot of time, but he put in individual orders for everyone with Apple and they are being shipped as the individual orders are processed by Apple instead of all the books going out at once.

Default Perfect two days

Got home Friday night and my wife asks me what I ordered from Apple. I respond with nothing. Well guess what? The apple package was the ff1600 book! Nice job!
    Saturday..headed to Indy to th Motorsports Show.

Nothing better than a great photo journal of the FF series and then a day at looking a wizzy bits at a trade show. Yes Linda Vaughn is still alive!

I just wish I could have or decided to run more then one event!

The book is way cool!

I sent this in an email to anyone who ordered a book from me, but posting it here as well just in case.

Anyone who ordered an F1600 or F2000 photobook,

Soon, if not already, you should be receiving your Photobook in the mail from Apple's printing press.

Unfortunately, it has been brought to our attention that Apple has had an issue with their printing press that has affect some, but not all, of the books that I ordered through them in the past month. On some of the books, Apple did not properly print, cut, and bind the pages. The easiest way to identify this problem is to look at a photo that should take up an entire page, for instance, at the beginning of each race weekend writeup. Those photos should extend to the top, left and bottom edges of the page. If you notice a white border on the edges, that is Apple's mistake - the book was designed to have those photos extend to the three outer edges. On some books, the white border only appears at the bottom of the page, and is not devastatingly ugly or noticeable, on others the white border is on the left or top of the page, and is quite unsightly. Still on others, there is no problem at all. Please bear in mind that there should be a white border in the shadow of the binding, the middle of the book where the pages meet. That was intentional. The problem is a white border affecting the outer edges of the book.

Luckily, Apple has agreed to replace any books affected by their printing mistake, free of charge. If you feel that your book is affected, and would like a replacement, please send me an email. If you have the order number that came with the invoice, please include that in the email, if not, I can look it up quite easily in the spreadsheet I have used to keep track of the orders. Again, this is free of charge, so if you feel the book has been affected, and it bothers you, do not hesitate to email me so I can have it replaced for free by Apple.

Thank you for your understanding,

Dennis Valet

Liked: 157

For those who contacted us about problems with the printing of their books, we have resolved the issue with your books and have arranged for Apple to print replacement books. The orders were placed today and you should receive your new book within 2 weeks.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

For those who placed recent orders, those were also placed today and will be on their way to you shortly.

Tom

Thread Information