Liked: 1

Default afterburner led rain light

Hi Guys

just wondering have any of you had any experience of these lights I have been asked by my class to look into standarising our rain light specs after some fairly scary near misses in the rain this year.
    I came across these lights through google are there seems to be two sellers of these units
    1. SR racing which sell tham at $49.95 not fia spec wrote on web page.
    2. Peagus racing which sell them at $64.99 and the web page states they are fia spec.

Both units are the blinking type as per Formula 1.

I would be gratefull for feedback Negative or positive or if there is anything else out there that you know of please shout.

many thanks and a Happy New Year to all.

Liked: 447

The LED based rain lights are great. Some can be overly complicated with resistors that need to be wired inline, but the Afterburner one doesn't which makes it easy to install. Most can be set that when on it can be in a blink mode or a always on mode. The blink mode is more of a fast flicker though instead of an F1 style flash.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 0

Default Life Line Light

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    The LED based rain lights are great. Some can be overly complicated with resistors that need to be wired inline, but the Afterburner one doesn't which makes it easy to install. Most can be set that when on it can be in a blink mode or a always on mode. The blink mode is more of a fast flicker though instead of an F1 style flash.
    I just installed the Life Line Fire Systems LED Rain Light made in UK.
    A nice unit, very, very bright and from very wide angles.
    No flashing.
    Nice discrete matte black square.
    Highly recommended.

Liked: 50

The Afterburner (or Star Mazda) rain lamps are SCCA legal. We have been selling them for several years with no negative feedback. They are extremely brilliant with a narrow band width so they penetrate rain and fog very well. When in the flash mode (Afterburner only) they are a real eye catcher and appear to be simlar to what the F1 and Indy cars use. Both are sealed and water proof. Re: the price difference between Pegasus and SR... We are always lower in price.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 12

You might also look into Melectronics in the UK (if your profile is correct that would be closer for you). We use the SLC2 rain light, and have been satisfied. FIA approved, very thin and light and incredibly bright. Quite inexpensive, but no flashing.

Nathan

Liked: 8

Default After Burner Rain Light

The Guys at After Burner sell a great product.
    As a company, they are eager and responsive but most importantly they are FC racers.
    This said, their Rain Light is a perfect fit on most any Formula Car.

We put one on our car this year and it has met all expectations. The rain soaked Watkins Glen F1600 Championship Series finality was a strong test and it kept others off of our tail.

They are a U.S company the light is Flat, Sealed, Easy to wire and BRIGHT!

I would recommend water proof, air craft quality wire connectors.

Paul
    Kautz Racing
    Last edited by pwd911s; 01.04.12 at 12:22 PM.

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by sracing View Post
    The Afterburner (or Star Mazda) rain lamps are SCCA legal. We have been selling them for several years with no negative feedback. They are extremely brilliant with a narrow band width so they penetrate rain and fog very well. When in the flash mode (Afterburner only) they are a real eye catcher and appear to be simlar to what the F1 and Indy cars use. Both are sealed and water proof. Re: the price difference between Pegasus and SR... We are always lower in price.
    Last year when I was shopping for a rain light I did find that SR's price was the best. I'm very happy with it.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1

Guys thanks for the feedback on the led lights will be making contact with Jim from sr in the very near future.

Thread Information