Liked: 0

Default Alloy dampers for FF - legal in 1988?

Hello,

Wondering if alloy dampers were sanctioned for use in SCCA racing in the period 1983-1988. Or at what date they may have been introduced.

Keen to hear, might help me resolve my damper fitment for Vintage down under.

Thanks.

Liked: 611

Default Alloy Dampers

Too early.
    I think they were allowed in F/Ford along with F/C in the early 1990's.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Default Any way of checking?

Thanks....I wonder if there's a way to be definitive on the date of the rule change.

NBD.

If I want to run alloys I need to prove they were fitted in the period. i guess I won't be.!

Liked: 1886

One possibility is to contact the SCCA Tech office in Topeka and see if they are willing to go through the old rules for each year to see when the rule changed.

Another would be to contact Peter Hilton ( the club historian) to see if he is willing to look it up for you.

Or maybe somebody here who still has all of the old GCRs will be nice and do the search for you.

You might also get more notice by forum users by posting this question in the FF section.

Liked: 10

I have the 1988 and 1992 Sports Racer and Formula Car Rules (separate from the GCR "book" in those days).

1988 says shock absorber bodies must be steel for cars registered before or after January 1986.

1992 specifically states that the shock body can be steel or aluminum for cars registered after 1986. The book only says steel for older cars. HOWEVER a handwritten note says "aluminum also per July 92 Fasttrack".

Dick
    1985 Van Diemen RF-85

Default Registered?

I wonder what is meant here by registered.
    First issue of first logbook from SCCA? Or similar.?

Thread Information