View Poll Results: How many fewer Nationals will you run vs. 2011?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2 Fewer Nationals

1 8.33%
  • 3-5 Fewer Nationals

2 16.67%
  • 5-7 Fewer Nationals

1 8.33%
  • >8 Fewer Nationals

2 16.67%
  • 0 Fewer Nationals (same as 2011)

6 50.00%
    Liked: 0

Default National Entries Impacted By Pro Series?

The West Coast Pro Series was run in conjuntion with SCCA Nationals to boost participation numbers over the last couple years. It appears to me the right coast series will not be run with any SCCA National events. I'm wondering how many entrants into the East Coast Pro Series will run fewer SCCA Nationals than they did in 2011 as a result. I have a feeling it will be even harder to make 2.5 entries in 2012.
    Last edited by sidney; 11.29.11 at 11:02 AM.
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

ASRF1000

The 2.5 rule has gone away through 2013. So the requirement is no longer valid for the runoffs.

Liked: 126

Ian,
    I can't vote in your poll because my answer is not listed - "0 fewer entries".

Liked: 43

The 2.5 rule does not directly affect the runoffs. It has more to do with maintaining national class status. If the 2.5 participation requirement is not met the class will have one year as a probation period to regain a better than 2.5 avg. If it fails the class will fall to regional status with little oppurtunity to become a national status again. We should be proactive at recruiting cars to nationals because if the pro series suddenly dies there may not be anything other than regionals to run. This scenario has been cushioned by the board suspending the 2.5 rule into 2013.

Since it would seem the rules can be ignored on a wim I would worry that said 2.5 rule might suddenly be applied because someone got out of bed on the wrong side in the morning.

So this would seem a valid concern.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Ian,
    I can't vote in your poll because my answer is not listed - "0 fewer entries".
    No problem Rob, I guess I was trying to get a feel for the guys that ran FB in 2011 and how that would impact 2012 participation numbers. I mad ethe bold assumption that at least 1 National weekdn would be skipped in lieu of a Pro Race. I have little love for the Run-Ons, but would be dissapointed to see FB lose National status.
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Liked: 710

Ian,
    I added an option for "0 fewer nationals" because I plan to enter the same amount as 2011, maybe even more.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Thread Information