Thread: RT 41 rear wing

Liked: 24

Default RT 41 rear wing

I need an RT 41 rear wing...could think about a 40 ....for a DB4 of course ...need to know also if they are the same...

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by DB4 Tim View Post
    I need an RT 41 rear wing...could think about a 40 ....for a DB4 of course ...need to know also if they are the same...
    The same as what? Each other (RT-40/41)? Or the same as on a DB-4?

MY bad ...the difference between the 40 and 41 against each other

...and the difference between the DB4 against the 40 and 41...

I have heard so many conflicting stories would not even know where to begin....

That is why I ask here I know it will be correct with answers.. and REAL world experience.

Liked: 1

Default Wings

The RT-40 and RT-41 use the same wings. But saying 'same' doesn't mean a lot. There are lots of different wings being used on RT-40/41s.

Any RT-40/1 wing will fit on a DB-4. You will usually find that the bolt holes in the transmission's rear cover are 5/16" on DB-4s and 3/8" on RT40/1s, but you can handle that.

I wouldn't just take an RT40-/1 wing and install it on a DB-4 without first testing it. The lower element of those wings may not work well with the tunnels on the DB-4. Some people have built RT-40/1-style wings specifically for the DB-4. That may be a better bet if you can find one.

There is nothing wrong, though, with the DB-4-style center-post wings. They always worked fine for us.

More important than the rear wing on a DB-4 is the sidepods. Make sure you extend the outer wall down as far as you can. The rules allow you 1 cm below the tub. That may not work because you'll rub them a lot. Try for at least even with the bottom of the tub.

Liked: 7

Default Wings

Tim
    I have a brand new carbon RT-40 front and rear wing set up that I will have on display in my booth at the PRI show next week in Orlando.
    I used to supply them to several teams in the pro series when the cars were current.
    I will send you pictures and a price if you are interested.

BTW The tunnels on the RT 40 are the same shape as on a DB 4. I also have all of the DB4 and RT40-41 molds.
    Thanks
    Brian Utt

you have an email and a PM...email address bounced back

Paul...thanks a ton...now if I may pick your brain a bit more

Racer are always looking to match or figure out what the next gen car has and it is faster (other than technologically advanced)....many back then with DB's put the 40/41 wings on...was that just the racer in us? Some have said the tunnels are a copy of the DB…because they worked so well …

I have been told the even 40 guys where running 41 wings...so was it real or....

The tunnels I know about and cleaning up around the gear box is also important the curious part is how much gain is in the little things attention to detail within the tunnel exit ….entrance…. front wing...all combined....I know there is no magic bullet when it comes to arrow dynamics and the coupled effect of all.
    BTW my car with the 12a has absolutely nothing around the gearbox at all, from front of oil tank back ........and the side of pod is 3/4 inch above the tube bottom ....so room for improvement there

Quote Originally Posted by Paul LeCain View Post
    The RT-40 and RT-41 use the same wings. But saying 'same' doesn't mean a lot. There are lots of different wings being used on RT-40/41s.

Any RT-40/1 wing will fit on a DB-4. You will usually find that the bolt holes in the transmission's rear cover are 5/16" on DB-4s and 3/8" on RT40/1s, but you can handle that.

I wouldn't just take an RT40-/1 wing and install it on a DB-4 without first testing it. The lower element of those wings may not work well with the tunnels on the DB-4. Some people have built RT-40/1-style wings specifically for the DB-4. That may be a better bet if you can find one.

There is nothing wrong, though, with the DB-4-style center-post wings. They always worked fine for us.

More important than the rear wing on a DB-4 is the sidepods. Make sure you extend the outer wall down as far as you can. The rules allow you 1 cm below the tub. That may not work because you'll rub them a lot. Try for at least even with the bottom of the tub.

Sorry about the email. I need to update my profile. Use this address: bu.carbir@yahoo.com

Liked: 11

My 2 cents: My DB4 came with a Ralt 40 rear wing and I thought it had way too much drag. I tore it off on the guard rail at Mid Ohio during runoffs qualifying, replaced it with a stock Swift center post wing and next session had 300+ more RPM on the straight and grip was about the same. Also tried a double element Reynard copy wing which was a good compromise. I will second Paul though, by far, skirt height makes the most improvement in high speed grip, if done to the max of the rules, you could probably run without any wings at all, seriously.

Liked: 0

Default pilette f3

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Utt View Post
    Tim
    I have a brand new carbon RT-40 front and rear wing set up that I will have on display in my booth at the PRI show next week in Orlando.
    I used to supply them to several teams in the pro series when the cars were current.
    I will send you pictures and a price if you are interested.

BTW The tunnels on the RT 40 are the same shape as on a DB 4. I also have all of the DB4 and RT40-41 molds.
    Thanks
    Brian Utt
    will any of your stuff fit a pilette f3 witch was ralt 94c

Default RT-40 Rear Wing

You would need to fabricate a set of rear mounts from your gearbox.
    The lower rear element has 4 mounting lugs for you to attach to.

I will have a booth at the PRI show next weekend and will have a rear wing assembly on display, if you will be attending stop by and have a look.

Brian Utt

Thread Information