Liked: 2

Default The way I'm gonna tell the story!

What a weekend in Atlanta! 16 cars and lots of BBQ and Collards, but I digest....

We had 16 for the PROs and 9 for the ARRC. There were as many on and off track experiences as I can remember in one weekend. Lots of Drama and Trauma.

I'll just give you quick rundown...

TEST DAY

Like most Road Atlanta test days, you run with FA to VEE and everything in-between.

S1 - I ran 3 or 4 laps near speed
    S2 - actually a good clean session

I skipped the afternoon to cook a wee bit with Maggie. No, we were cooking food Zambo.

Rain set in. Thankfully, we had the chalet on the front straight. Fed 100 or more.

Enterprises unveiled the "Dakota Donovan Rookie of the Year Trophy". Very impressive. Good job, well done. The winner keeps it for a year, then recieves a smaller version as the "BiGGun" is passed on. They obviously made an effort to make this a special honor.

ARRC

I was Q2, way behind Paul. Caught up to him, but as I was drifting thru Turn 5, I saw a terrible sight. The spectators were bored. The corner workers were bored. It was if someone had eaten a heavy meal in Madrid. So...I did what I am sure most of you would do. The next lap I simply did a little 360 up the hill in 5. I stayed on the track, of course, and timmed my downshift before the crest of the hill so I could really smoke my rear tires. Anyway, after that I couldn't see Paul. Cruz and Cross went nose to tail and ran me down, an Atlantic blew going into 10, Cruz wisely went offline and found grip and blew past me, I barely held off Cross to finish 3rd. Loads of fun!!!!!

PRO 9

I was Q8 out of 16. Had some good laps at times, was passing Paul into turn 1, did another 360 catch and finished 6. Later bumped to 4th due to TECH (under wt.)

PRO 10

I was Q5. Made progress on my line, ran OK the went into gravel at 5. Re-entered laps down, cruised home.

There were cars damaged in every event. Round 10 can be easily called a crash fest. I'll leave all the details to someone who knows them better than me.

It was not a perfectly run event. On many levels. It was, for most of us, an overall great season finale. We had some past racers return and had several newcomers as well. Can't wait till next season!!!!!!!!

Later, TK

Contributing Member Mark Walthew's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default ARRC FE Podium

Eric Cruz, ARRC Champion Paul Schneider & Tilden Kinlaw celebrate.

Liked: 9

Tilden "Schwarzenegger" Kinlaw throws out the pose that has made him famous. The physique, the steely determination that shows on his face and the belt from his driving suit cast askew. The personification of driving . . . I had to stop.

Even I was laughing too hard.

Liked: 2

I coulda been a contenda!

T. Korleone

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Party Report

Not since the night of the Whitehouse party being crashed by that creepy guy with the furrin' name and his ditz blonde wife had there been such commotion...

While Ana and I arrived more than fashionably late (which means the chili was gone and the collards were cold), we still had access to plenty of pork, bodacious black eyed peas, and cornbread so moist it should actually be called corn cake.
    It was all very yummy and I made a plate that was pretty Devil's Toweresque in it's absolute rude verticality. That bish went straight UP!

The Dakota Donovan trophy was amazing - a true Pro quality piece, very fitting.

We had the good fortune to sit and chat with two generations of Futrelle's and be regaled with story after story. Both Pops Jeff and prodgeny Franklin were cracking us up for a good hour straight. I even kept the one blackeyed pea that made it out of my nose from a Futrelle-ism - gonna have it bronzed!

A word about the South Caka-laki BBQ sauce: The "sauce", and I use that word only because "flaming hot liquid bottled exclusively on the shores of the river Styx" has already been trademarked, is only to be used in very small quantities, like no more than MAYBE 3ml per plate.

Failure to heed this warning could and probably should put the unfortunate inhaler of said plate o' cue in a world of hurt. I actually "burmmed my mouf" just a scosh - what do I know, a Yankee from New Yawk, that's lived in Georgia since the early 80's...

The cue itself was pork to perfection, personified.
    The mac n' cheese was incredulicious, but the potato salad was out of this worldly good. You SCCA Ent'ers really know how to put on a show!

I really didn't get to see any of the racing unfortunately - I HEARD the SRF race on Sat while underneath my car in the paddock, and took off on Sat night so did not see anything from Sunday.

Thanks for feeding me n' the crewchief - it was tasty!

Thread Information