Thread: 1600 for sale

Liked: 0

Default 1600 for sale

Hi Guys,

If you have read any of my other posts about a 1500cc engine, it is actually a 1600cc, I just didn't know enough to figure it out. I don't have a use for it so I'm putting it up for sale. I also have a split case trans that was bolted to it. If you want, I can bolt these into a Vista chassis, throw the new bodywork on it, and it's yours for $1000 bucks. The engine is race prepped, but hasn't been started in a while. It's been kept indoors with oily rags in the intake and exhaust ports. The car is almost ready to go, it has a battery, Master Cylinders, AFFF fire system, steering wheel, gauges, pedals, shifter and shift linkages., front drums, starter and the trans is drum to drum. I think all you will need is a beam, steering box that I may have, Fuel Cell, and belts. I am kind of tempted to build the car, but then I lose some of my college money, which is why I've been selling parts off.

The trailer is still for sale which holds a FV very well, I'm sure it can fit a FST or a FF too. $800

Steven
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by SMac35 View Post
    Hi Guys,

If you have read any of my other posts about a 1500cc engine, it is actually a 1600cc, I just didn't know enough to figure it out. I don't have a use for it so I'm putting it up for sale. I also have a split case trans that was bolted to it. If you want, I can bolt these into a Vista chassis, throw the new bodywork on it, and it's yours for $1000 bucks.

The trailer is still for sale which holds a FV very well, I'm sure it can fit a FST or a FF too. $800

Steven

Oh, how I wish I were employed! I could use some of those parts on my FST build-up....

Jon K.

Too Bad John!

For anybody who is interested, I've deciided to build the car up into a FST-like thing. It will have dual carbs, hopefully some badass ones like Edelbrock or something, but everything else will be like a FSt. It's not going to fit into any class, but It will be nice to have a car I don't have to be serious in, ITA is really competitive around here, so a fun car will be nice. If my friends pitch in some money for some other parts, all I have to do is bolt them on and we'll share the car for solo or whatever we want to do.

Thanks guys, don't get too bored during the off-season,

Steven
    SCCA WDCR

Liked: 27

Steven. Glad you are building a fun car out of it. Should be a blast and like you said, don't worry about the competition. I am doing the same thing to a Vintage FV frame that was so far modified that it would never run Vintage again and would not be a good FV/FST either. So it will be a fun car for me and my sons. So far I have a 1915 engine for it with dual carbs. Not legal for FM but don't care what class it runs in. I just want to have fun with it. I may put disc brakes all around too. Have fun and post some photos.

OK I've been bouncing back and forth with this, but there is no way I can work, keep up the Honda, and build this car all at once during the summer. If anybody is interested I have a built 1200cc and a built 1600cc ready to go. I also still have the chassis with the battery, AFFF fire system, gauges, steering wheel, steering arm, steering box, pedals and master cylinders. I also have a split case trans from drum to drum. 4 spare axle tubes, 3 spare trailing arms for the Vista and brand new body work for the Vista too. I have a spare transmission case and an engine in parts. I also have 2 wheels, cooling ducts, and other misc parts.

The trailer is a single axle, leaf spring trailer with brakes. It has a tire rack that holds 2 sets of FV tires. It also has a steel basket on the front and on either side to hold spares or canopy equipment or whatever.

I really don't want this stuff anymore, it takes up a lot of room in the garage that could be used for toolboxes and spare parts for the Honda. I will not be home until the first weekend in May but I have friends that live close by that may be able to help if you choose to pick something up from the garage in Maryland.

-I'll let the engines go for $600 each
    -Chassis, everything bolted onto it, new bodywork, axle tubes, trailing arms,other Vista parts, the complete split case trans and one engine of your choice- $1500
    -Trailer with the package- $500, by itself-$700
    -If you need something, I probably have it. Most prices negotiable.

Thanks,
    Steven McWilliams Jr
    steven_mc_19@yahoo.com
    Last edited by SMac35; 03.16.11 at 5:29 PM.
    SCCA WDCR

Liked: 7

Default FV thing

Any pictures? Where in Maryland?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan, The car is just East of annapolis, about 1.5hrs from Deleware. I only have a few pictures of the chassis. Most of them are on my mom's camera at home, I'll see if she can email them to me.

Steven

Side Note: these pictures have the Lybarger transmission on the chassis, which has already been sold.
    SCCA WDCR

This is still very for sale. I'm getting more pictures of the car tomorrow that I'll send to anybody who wants them. I really, really don't want this in my garage so make me a deal if you want it.

Thanks,
    Steven
    SCCA WDCR

Liked: 10

Do you have a LD200 transaxle?
    don

Hi Donnie,

The only transaxle I have is the VW Long Box.

Thanks,
    Steven
    SCCA WDCR

Liked: 4

I am quite interested in this. i am not looking to be competitive just have fun. this looks to be exactly what i want. PM sent
    Last edited by on4now4; 05.17.11 at 2:33 PM.

Hi Everybody,

sorry I haven't updated this, but everything has been sold.

Thanks,
    Steven
    SCCA WDCR

Thread Information