Liked: 353

CFCR has announced the inclusion of Club Ford for their inaugural event at BeaveRun August 9-10. This will be an event devoted to open wheel racing (with a single run group for under 2-liter sports racing cars.) It promises to afford lots of track time and will follow an SCCA Double Regional format. Check out the website and get an entry @: http://www.classicformularacing.com/
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Well, I see the rules allow FF1600 cars as long as they are Pre 1973! Only one problem: That leaves out 97-98% of the guys who run SCCA FF1600!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

John,

I'd suggest you give them a call. They said they'd allow Club Fords, so perhaps the web site was posted prior to the decision. I have a feeling that they'll be positive.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 0

I am extremely strapped for cash. But I think I will try to make this. This is what everyone has been asking for, at least I have beaten it to death. It could be the beginning of a good thing.

If you are scheduled for a race elsewhere, bag it and go to this. They are dedicating a race to only formula cars, and likely need to show that it is a profitable venture for themselves and other tracks to get dates. If I can get there anyone can.
    Merlyn Driver - MK17 FF

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

hey guys.....
    I emailed the website listed above to see if our 1982 Gemini would be eligible.... here is there reply:
    "My partner forwarded you inquiry to me. To be honest, I am not sure what SCCA cut-offs for Club Ford are. Certainly any 70's Club FOrd is welcome. If SCCA Club Ford includes cars into the late eighties, then the later cars would not be eligible, but I will accept your '82 Gemini.

Club Fords will not run in the same class as the Vintage Fords. They could be classed in a variety of situations, but it is likely they will be put with Vintage Formula B. If you are not familiar, FB run on wide treaded tires and have Lotus Twin cam engines tuned to 180-200hp. In Vintage, FF run in the same group. I imagine they are faster than a Club Ford due to the Horses, but your cars ought to have a few seconds on the vintage fords by virtue of the tires and better chassis.
    Looking forward to your participation. If you know anyone else with an eligible car please forward them to us. Entry forms can be obtained from our web site http://www.classicformularacing.com/
    Regards,
    Kyle"
    I have not had a chance to get back to him to clarify on this yet. I will see if he will allow anyone listed as an SCCA Club Ford? what the tire rule will be? and, if enough entries show up, do we get our own class within the grouping. I Believe the price for the weekend is $375. this will be one weekend after the SCCA Steel Cities Double Regional held at Beaverun. this regional will also have the NEC race. for those that can, this would be neat. 4 races within two weeks at the same track!
    i'll post more, if i get more......
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Hey Guys.
    Kyle sent this for me to post:
    "Jerry,

I would appreciate if you would post to the FF1600 web site.

Classic Formula Car Racing was formed to provide a venue for vintage Formula Cars to race in events catering to their cars, rather than the large events that currently saturate Vintage Racing where Formula Cars are generally an afterthought. To that and we originally conceived of a group for the currently eligible cars - these are clearly defined on our web site www.classicformularacing.com and do include Vintage Formula Ford's (pre'73) that run on Dunlop treaded FF tires.

There is currently talk in Vintage of including "Club Ford". We therefore want to open up our eligibility to include "Club Ford" though we do not have a clear definition of what Club Ford is. It will surely be defined more clearly for Vintage Racing in the future, but the definition for our purposes shall be whatever is currently eligible for SCCA as a Club Ford. From what you have told me, and from what I have read on FF1600, Club Fords are required to have at least one set (front or back) of outboard suspension. Since they currently run slicks this shall be the standard. Whatever tires Club Ford usually run will be alright with us.

Keep in mind that we are putting on a race for the purpose of fun for the participants, not for outright competition. Therefore we will not be concerned for now if there are different tires from competitor to competitor.

Wherever Club Ford is grouped, they will have their own class. I can say unequivocally that they will not be classed with Vintage Ford. If they run with FB they will be in a separate class.

We would very much welcome Club Ford entries. If we are successful and are able to continue as race organizers we will surely continue to include them. If anyone has any questions they may e-mail me directly kylekaulback@msn.com

Regards,

Kyle"

sounds like fun to me and it sounds like these guys are trying to do what we all have been asking for! if you guys have any questions - send them off to Kyle. If the Jedarri holds togehter thru the Beaverun Regional????
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Hey guys....
    and........ another other thing..
    Klye sent this to me today....
    Jerry, I failed to mention
    that BeaveRun indicated that for those who are participating in the SCCA
    regional the weekend before and the CFCR weekend, that storage of trailers
    at the track would be feasable.
    soooooo, for you long haulers who want to do both races.... it is getting better and better!
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Thread Information