Thread: Wtb parts.

Liked: 0

Default Wtb parts.

Hey, new to the forum so wanted to say hello to begin with. I'm new to the formula v class been racing ITA but I have a shell/cage of a formula v I got from a family member for a good deal. It basically needs everything except a seat. I was wondering if anyone had any spare parts for sale or knew a place/junk yard close to canton MI I could start slowly buying parts from. Or an old parts car. Anything would help.

Thanks, chris.

Liked: 25

PM sent

Liked: 1

Hey,welcome to our great class.Myself,my dad and brother all run formula v we are all located in michigan.Myself in milan,dad belleville,brother howell.We have been in formula v for many many years and have quite a few parts also my dad builds fv motors and rebuilds them check out ddcracing .com for info and to contact

Banned
    Liked: 1116

I'm in So-Cal and am parting out a Lynx.

Good stuff, I'm not sure which frame/body Im buying. I want to say it's all custom, I know I'm picking up the car I'm the next 3 days so I'll be able to make a parts lost of what I need and I'll def be able to get back to everyone.

Fv58 u ever come out to Waterford, it would be amazing outcome for 3 more FVs to come out and race. There's like 5-6 in the class so it's kind of low. I'm going to be joining soon and I have 3 other friends building cars. We all plan on being there for 2013 or 2014 seasons.

Liked: 254

FV58 and his family are usually part of the field, and I do know my old car will likely be out next year. The first race of the year pulls a pretty good sized field. I think this year there were 8 or 9 cars at the first race in May.

Hey,Chris yes we race at waterford my car is #58 blue with yellow flames,my dad's is yellow,silver and black and my brothers is red with blue flames.Any help or advice you need just give me a call 734-660-1024 or e-mail djsatterley@yahoo.com. will try to help in any way i can because i want to see a better car count at waterford,if your friends need help also let us know.

It sucks because i want to race now, but atm im putting money into my buddies honda CRX the red one. Tim wade, me and him have had that thing for a while and slowly fixing it up trying to get first. After 4 years he finally won a frigen race last race weekend, and then won his feature race which was awesome, time for me to start saving and getting my car going. Its a terrible feeling knowing i have to wait some 2 years til i know the car is complete and ready to go.

--->2bwise, do u remember Harry johnson and Don Johnson, they raced an "american flag" painted golf and same paint scheme FV. They raced from about 90-98. A few of the people who have been there for a long time knew him, My uncle (Harry) told me when he was driving his old car (the formula V i bought is his old one) he got a few season wins, and set some hot laps. So hopefulllyyy its a good car just missing the parts. Then of course comes the driver. Never competitively raced cars, so im ready for anything

Was just curious

Liked: 254

That would have been before I moved to Michigan so the cars don't directly ring a bell. But I do remember a flag painted Vee from the last two seasons. If I remember correctly it was being run by a Dave Knier.

Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Chris,

First you came to the right place here at Apex, tons of knowlegable, and helpful people.

I might suggest that you take a picture of the car, and post it here prior to your purchase? In most cases it is much cheaper to buy a complete car, than to piece a car back toghether. And with a picture the helpful people here will be able to offer advise and point you in the right direction after seeing what is "not" with the car.

Also, if this is the car I think it is, it was a "one off" build loosely based on a Adams Aero? Believe it also had a one off Aluminum body? If it is indeed that car, be sure to check the roll hoops. Pretty sure they were 1 1/4", which will no longer pass Tech, and there will be some fab work, along with assembling the car. Not trying to be a downer, just hoping to help you make an educated decision.

Either way, FV is a great class. It would be great to see some increased car counts at Waterford again!!

Hey,Chris i know of that car ran against harry back in the day,also went to school with jason cummings related to harry but can't remember how?I think you will be surprised how fast a fv can be built up Dave Woodmancy makes a great point about making sure the chassis is up to date.Now i have to start working on Dave woodmancy to come out next year!

Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Just for clarity, I am certainly not opposed to buying a basket case, but if the car is in need of a fuel cell, fire system, engine, trans, ect. ect., things will add up quickly... I would have to believe for around $4-5k you would be able to purchase a turn key Lynx/Caracal... And, FWIW I looked at this car for someone who was interested in it say 10-12 years ago?, and it was sitting outside under a tarp at that point.....

Dave, I have seen some great FV racing at Waterford this year Certainly gets me thinking from time to time, and stranger things have happened ..

I know it would be great to see back to your roots.If i come across any unbeatable deals i will let you know just incase you want to come play.

Well, ty for all the info. ATM i dont have the car in my possession, one reason im buying the car is because it is in fact family obviously. And my uncle is giving me the car for free. So im not paying anything for it. Just to fix it and get it going. Money is obviously an issue and time is another one. The only reason its going to take me about 2 years to get it going is because i live in an apartment in in about 6-8 months ill be moving into a house. So ill actually have a garage to work on the thing. Thats one of my biggest problems. Once i get a picture of it ill put it up for you to see. And i printed all the rules and tech specs for the car. And once we get the car im going to look at the cage/frame work. and make sure it all passes. My uncle said he checked it all about a month ago when he wanted to start selling it and it all lined up. Soo hopefully he was right. We shall see, but again ty for the info. As far as i know all i honestly need is a full cell and engine/trans and of course new wheels. Ill probably be getting rid of the rims that are on it since they are like 100million pounds. No exaggeration.

i def appreciate all the help, and im def going to need it

Thread Information