Liked: 0

Default Possible Conversion Car

NOT MINE

This is the slider I referenced the other day. I was mistaken when I said it was a Citation. apparently it's a '96 SpeedSport. the Owner is Peter Chaney (sp?) who is an Apex member and apparently bought the car simply for the motor.

He is selling as a Roller (FV) which he tells me includes the Lybarger long box (not sure if it's "our" long box or if they are all the same?) Also apparently has Penske's up front.

I've asked him to come on here later today or tomorrow and post some pics.

He's asking $2,500 as an FV Roller. Will take $100 off if the buyer doesn't want the FV wheels and tires.

Number (508) 947-2510

Can we get another FST conversion under way?

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Liked: 5

For Sale speedsport96 Roller

thanks for the call today Bob I was in the middle of changing the front brake pad on my F-150 and at first thought you were a customer of mine lol. then realized who you were thanks again for the call and the posting. I purchased the car from Dave Thompson down in Baltimore Md I did try the car at NHMS 2 weeks ago I was about 1 sec off my Protoform P-3 times I do feel more comfortable in my P-3 .The car is still posted on the FV For Sale Monson66 if you want to see pictures I haven't taken any since I purchased it but I could. It has a very nice Penske adjustable shock on the rear the basic nitrogen penske's on the front [the black ones] adj brake bisas in the cockpit Dave was 270lbs and was driving the car I am 200lbs and 5'6" I had to put in the small seat dave used the big seat both come with the car. The care has citation body work and the older speedsport body work comes with the car also but it is a little beat up but repairable .I just put on a new windscreen the belts are good thru 12-31-11 so for next year they will have to be re-webed. the fuel cell did its job I took the engine out but the exhaust and the oil cooler a Earls 9 row and the filter and braded lines all go with the car the front shocks are mounted on a ron schock copy steel aero mount. the gear box is stamped short box. but it is not [It is a long box] it has a very long 3rd gear. If any of you run NHMS I was going all the way from turn 3 to turn 12 in 3rd gear price is $2500.00 for the roller If you don't want the wheels and tires get them back to me after you get the car home I will give you back $100.00 Or bring your own tires and wheel for transport .When I purchaed the car I also got the open trailer. It is very light has self storing ramps and a tire rack which holds [ Iam told 12 tires] I had the trailer cleaned up and painted black .repacked the wheelbearings .It is sprung and you don't even know your towing it. Any questions call [508] 947 2510 It will ans . Lighthouse Animal and Pest control I am the owner call any time between 7 am and 10 pm 7 days a week if I am out of the office just leave your name and number and say it is about the car thanks Pete Cheney
    Last edited by protoform; 08.20.11 at 3:53 PM. Reason: more info see pictures at formula v for sale July 13th 2011 Mason 66

Liked: 0

Here's a link to the original FV listing he referenced

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45834

Sure looks like a Citation
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

For Sale citation body work

the speed sport I have for sale does have citation body work. the car is really a citation copy . It has lots of room compaired to my Protoform p-3 the opening is huge on the speedsport .The former driver said he started driving the car at 270 lbs He is much smaller now . see a good reason to go racing ,incentive to lose weight the protoform is half the size at 23" by 14" . I was thinking of having 2 cars one with a long box , and one with a short box. but personally I like the quicker steering on the protoform better. the speedsport has a very nice chammis covered steering wheel, with a quick disconect, and the ignition switches have lights in them to let you know the ignition and rain light are on or off .there are quite a few spare parts, control rods, for steering ,droop rod parts control arm. I can show the car at almost any time I own my own pest control company and can make time during the day or of course weekends thanks Pete Cheney [508] 947- 2510 I have a trailer for $800.00 also open trailer just painted and gone thru see other posts for details. the car price is $2500.00 The speedsport is produced and sold by Michael Varacins I personaly have never talked to him ,but was told he is very nice. If you need parts. you can also use citation parts Sold thru SR racing , and steve Pasture at speed sport,In conn.

Default speedsport96 Roller

SOLD SOLD SOLD A Gentleman who saw the car at NHMS 2 weeks ago purchased the car today He has a 28 foot trailer So the trailer is still for sale If your looking for a nice light sprung trailer with a tire rack for a formula vee $800.00 takes it away.

Thread Information