Liked: 0

This is an open invitation to all CF driver/car owners (1973-1981 Club Fords) and Vintage FF (1967-1972) that are looking for a place to race your car or just want track time. Get that car out of your garage, dust off your driving equipment and come join us for fun, affordable, no contact, no hassle racing. VARA will be holding two upcoming events in Southern California -- June 21-22, 2003 Willow Springs and August 2-3, 2003 California Speedway - Long Course. The Willow Springs event will be $150 for the weekend and California Speedway will be $250 for the weekend.

For more information about VARA, please look at our website http://www.vararacing.com or contact our office at 1-800-280-VARA

Vintage Auto Racing Association
    32545 B Golden Lantern # 480
    Dana Point, CA 92629
    Or: 949-248-1368
    FAX: 949-388-8071

Sincerely,
    Craig Hibbard
    President

Contributing Member

I will be at Willow also----just purchased the Lola T440 listed on this site.

Great! We look forward to having you guys join us at Willow. Please contact the office for tech details etc.... Any questions, drop me a note.

Craig

We need an open club like yours on the east coast. I would love an event where modern and vintage cars could gather. Here it seems to be like fire and water.
    Merlyn Driver - MK17 FF

VARA is on the verge of allowing 97 and older FC's. I will be there at Cal Speedway with helmet in hand! The SCCA needs some compitition in this area, maybe they'll start promoting our class' more if there is another game in town.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 103

YES, YES, YES.....

I will dust off my 1076 Lola 342 and come to Willow.

Just returned from 5 months of fun in Northern Kuwait(Navy) and need to get my Ya Ya's off.

Thanks for the opportunity,

Bill Manofsky
    1980 Lola T540E Club Ford
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Michael,

We are looking hard at the FC -- years, models etc... for inclusion in our "wings and slicks" run group. We had a beautiful FC car with us last weekend. Why not, there are so many of these great cars along with with numerous vintage FF (67-71) and Club Fords (73-81) sitting in garages around the southwest with no where to play, come out with us.

We don't do fuel checks, engine tear downs etc... the only thing we demand is all FF's and future FC cars adhere to the published FF and FC engine rules. VARA prides itself on "legal FF engines". We do annual engine checks to insure that all engines meet the requirements. No hot rods allowed. We also adhere to a zero tolerance for contact. We race for fun, to see family and friends and to just enjoy the sport of motor racing. Our run groups do race close and put on a great show. This year we will put on ten events at some of the best venues in the southwest -- California Speedway, Willow Springs, Phoenix, Buttonwillow and even Laguna Seca this year with another organization.

If you have an open wheel car with no place to race, drop me a note.

Craig

Craig what's your email address? I have a list of about 8-10 97 or earlier FC's that would be interested.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 1

Hey Bill, just tried e-mailing you about registering your T342 with the Lola Registry, but your listed e-mail is no longer vaild. Please check out the site at The Lola Registry I hope to hear from you soon! Thanks Allan

Liked: 27

Bill,
    Welcome Home

[size="1"][ June 28, 2004, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: T3' ][/size]

Hello Allan,

I purchased the Lola from Bill back in July. We talked awhile back about it, and I bought stickers from you. Thanks!

By the way, do you or anyone else have drawings for the T-342? I'll be disassembling the car over the winter and would like to check dimensions, etc.

Thanks,

Chuck

Thread Information