ASRF1000

Default Another strong start for Danica

Female racing phenom, Danica Patrick drove a strong qualifying run today at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and will start on the inside of row 12 next to another strong title contender, James Jakes. Danica, known for her outgoing personality and fan access will be pushing all the other competitors to get out of her way while she single handedly drives through the field and into the lead in tomorrow's race. Panther Racing's JR Hildebrand starting 13th on the other hand (although excited to be in IndyCar) has to be somewhat frustrated that Panther Racing has never been able to put a good road race car under their driver to save their lives. Sure that he can't wait to get back to the ovals. Scott Dixon starts first.

Sorry, just had to write what I would expect to read as a headline in the media about today's qualifying....LOL
    Last edited by ASRF1000; 08.06.11 at 4:09 PM.

Liked: 1886

The "New Girl on the Block" is definitely Simona.

And Carpenter might as well just go home.

Liked: 210

As I read the 1st post I was thinking "You're out of your mind".... LOL

Then I saw it was a joke
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 9

Default It would be just fine with me............

if she goes NASCRAP fulltime next year. Of course the whole Andretti team has been pretty underwhelming, but nonetheless, I won't miss her.

Kudos to Simone for getting the job done (relatively speaking) with virtually no prep and no equipment.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

ASRF1000

I agree. Simona has a bright future ahead of her. I originally saw that back in 2006 in Formula BMW. We tried hard to get her to come to Indy Lights with our team in 2007, but she went the way of Formula Atlantic instead. The girl is fearless and talented.

Liked: 9

Default Simon, Simona, both very good.

My bad for not being more clear about who I was talking about.

I like Simona too, but I was talking about Simon Pagenaud for doing well in Justin Wilson's car with borrowed equipment and a team he doesnt' really know. Pretty sure that will be the last time he visits a race without his equipment bag.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 41

Quote Originally Posted by ASRF1000 View Post
    Female racing phenom, Danica Patrick drove a strong qualifying run today at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and will start on the inside of row 12 next to another strong title contender, James Jakes. Danica, known for her outgoing personality and fan access will be pushing all the other competitors to get out of her way while she single handedly drives through the field and into the lead in tomorrow's race. Panther Racing's JR Hildebrand starting 13th on the other hand (although excited to be in IndyCar) has to be somewhat frustrated that Panther Racing has never been able to put a good road race car under their driver to save their lives. Sure that he can't wait to get back to the ovals. Scott Dixon starts first.

Sorry, just had to write what I would expect to read as a headline in the media about today's qualifying....LOL

If this racing thing ever poops out on you, you may have a career waiting for you writing headlines!
    www.mteengineering.com
    1969 Lotus 61 FF, chassis #226
    1978 Ralt RT1 FSV, chassis #144

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Edick View Post
    If this racing thing ever poops out on you, you may have a career waiting for you writing headlines for The Onion!
    There, I fixed it for ya.

ASRF1000

Default The Onion

LOL, good one Doug! I wrote releases for "The Onion" when I was with Germain Racing. Probably the worst driver (in terms of "I'm a God in NASCAR") I ever had to deal with. I'll stay with Open wheel!!!

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    There, I fixed it for ya.
    Well played, sir!
    www.mteengineering.com

ASRF1000

Oh, now I see what you mean...LOL. I didn't know there was such a thing. I thought you were referring to Todd Bodine "The Onion".
    Last edited by ASRF1000; 08.07.11 at 5:20 PM.

Default PLOWMAN?

Who the heck is Plowman???
    www.mteengineering.com

ASRF1000

Martin Plowman ran in Indy Lights. He is a Brit and was teammate with Pippa Mann.

ASRF1000

Double post, sorry.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 99

Default Mid Ohio

So, Danica was 21st and was mentioned in the Motorsport.com race report. Simona was 12th and Ana was 17th and not mentioned. Biased reporting?

ASRF1000

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Nygard View Post
    So, Danica was 21st and was mentioned in the Motorsport.com race report. Simona was 12th and Ana was 17th and not mentioned. Biased reporting?
    You think? My point exactly!

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Nygard View Post
    Well, if the Simona and Ana would finish at the back of the pack, and not just some un-important mid field position, maybe they would get mentioned too.
    You get more attention running at the back, than you do mid field.
    Remember Milka anyone??
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Liked: 319

Default quit dissing danica

Come on now, she beat Ed Carpenter AND Dan Weldon this weekend, lead a lap or two, and finished on the lead lap. Four or five more "Nascar Yellows" and she might have won the race.

Give her a break!

Thread Information