ASRF1000

Default Grand Prix of Hungary

Now that was a race!!! The mastery of driving in this race just goes to show why these drivers are some of the best in the world. Close wheel to wheel driving and overtaking in the rain and no crashes. The indy car boys and girls could learn something here.

If you missed the race, its on again at 4:30 PM on SPEED.

DON'T MISS IT!!!!

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Good race

Yes, a very good race all around and hats off to Button for winning and Hamilton for showing he is one of the great passers of all time. Clearly Bernie's ability to make the rain come and go five times during a whole GP is paying off on the entertainment scale !!

Liked: 11

Agreed- awesome race to watch. Felt bad for Hamilton who led most of the race, made one mistake, but his team made a bigger mistake. More stops, drive through penalty and still managed 4th.

Watching the car control all the drivers showed at the beginning was fun.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 112

My wife even thought the last dozen laps were interesting. It must have been good...

Liked: 308

Under the conditions everyone was a master of car control just to keep it on the pavement....Twitchy was a understatement.

Very entertaining!

Liked: 0

Default Hungary

Okay.. noob to Apex... but holy crap what a race.

I have been watching F1 for years on/off and have been getting tired of all the bickering going on. At least with IRL and Nascar (yes nascar) the bickering is kept in house. This race has single-handedly brought me back for awhile. It was fun to watch... it was well broadcast... and just damn entertaining.

For years I was a huge Nascar fan but the gradual degredation into a template car instead of true racing has turned me off.

IRL ... well... only so many times I can listen to 20 interviews in one broadcast with/about/nearly about/something about/and nothing about DANICA DANICA DANICA.

But this year F1 has seemed to bring me back into the fold. Thank you Speed Network.

Liked: 146

Outstanding race. It's nice to see that the ultimate in high-tech racing can still be about the drivers and on-track action, even better this year than other major-league series. Although I must say the BY400 was also pretty durn good.
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

Liked: 41

No question, it was one heck of a race!

But I feel for poor Lewis getting what I think was an overly harsh punishment for just trying to get pointed in the right direction and not get T boned!

Sure Paul DiResta had to take to the grass to avoid, but it didn't damage his car or his race.

Name me one driver that wouldn't have done the same thing that LH did. When you're sitting there 90 to traffic, you only have one thing on your mind: GET THE FLOCK OUTTA THERE!

All I can think of is that who ever the "pro" steward was, he must have a beef with LH to give him a drive thru penalty.
    www.mteengineering.com
    1969 Lotus 61 FF, chassis #226
    1978 Ralt RT1 FSV, chassis #144

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Edick View Post
    No question, it was one heck of a race!

But I feel for poor Lewis getting what I think was an overly harsh punishment for just trying to get pointed in the right direction and not get T boned!

Sure Paul DiResta had to take to the grass to avoid, but it didn't damage his car or his race.

Name me one driver that wouldn't have done the same thing that LH did. When you're sitting there 90 to traffic, you only have one thing on your mind: GET THE FLOCK OUTTA THERE!

All I can think of is that who ever the "pro" steward was, he must have a beef with LH to give him a drive thru penalty.
    The steward was McNish who hammered LH the last time he was the pro steward.

Liked: 41

And wasn't it McNish who tried to put an Audi in to low earth orbit back in June with a very questionable move on a lapped car?

He's a fine one to be handing out penalties!
    www.mteengineering.com
    1969 Lotus 61 FF, chassis #226
    1978 Ralt RT1 FSV, chassis #144

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Edick View Post
    And wasn't it McNish who tried to put an Audi in to low earth orbit back in June with a very questionable move on a lapped car?

He's a fine one to be handing out penalties!
    Not like he did it in the first hour of a 24 hour race..... oh wait.

Thread Information