Thread: Car lettering

Liked: 0

I'll be running in NCF this season but my car says only "CF" on the sides (and it's painted on).

There is no room to add an 'N' on one side of the car.

Will I be OK with just 'CF' instead of 'NCF' written on the car?

Liked: 8

Dear Mike:
    If you are going to run the NARRC series on spec tires (GY 600, Hoosier R60 or American ?) then you will need to add the N to designate to timing and scoring that you are in the series. You can run other compounds and be classified as CF but most everyone at LRP, Pocono, and NH runs under the NARRC banner. If you plan on running NARRC you may be able to get a number for the whole season. That saves alot of hassles Contact Marianne Lyons at (super7@charter.net) and see whats available. I Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

Greg Kokolus
    NCF#56
    PRS RH-01

Liked: 0

Thanks for the reply. I did get a # for NAARC from Marianne. I guess I'll add an 'N'.

Hope to see you there.

Liked: 5

Mike,

Regarding the "NCF" designation for NARRC Club Ford, please be sure that you always list NCF as your class on your entry forms - even if the hosting region omits listing NCF as a class in the race groups (it's happened). If Timing & Scoring does not list you as an NCF in the practice/qualifying results, speak (politely, of course) to the Chief(s) and have it corrected BEFORE the race. This will ensure that you are identified as NCF in the final, official results for points to be awarded. This is particularly important for races that are also MARRS/NYSRRC series events, because they may run a CF or CFF designation - and do not receive NARRC points.

The primary purpose of labeling your car itself as an NCF is for the self-policing aspect of the class. It informs other Ford drivers as to who their competition is -or isn't- and enables checking for spec tire compliance.

Welcome to the Ford family!
    Good luck and good racing,
    Maureen Harris
    NARRC PointsKeeper
    Maureen Harris
    FF crew (Joby Graham)

Liked: 605

uh....mike. here's one way to find out, don't stick the N on it but register for whatever class it is that you are going to run......when you go out on the track fir either a qualifying session or perhaps a practice session, if T&S doesn't have it right either you'll find out when they post your results or you'll get called in either when you're on the track or after the session when you are in the paddock, a little bold but it will work

Liked: 5

"EYE..." and Mike,

As long-time NARRC PointsKeeper, licensed T&S official, and FF/FC/S2 crew chief, I was speaking strictly in regards to the NARRC series and its events. Per the NARRC rules, the driver is responsible for the accuracy of his/her results - including class designations.

Since you will most likely compete in other races/series/regions, I suggest making a supply of the letter of "N" out of contact paper and bring them with you to be added/removed as needed.

Maureen
    Maureen Harris
    FF crew (Joby Graham)

Thread Information