Liked: 14

Liked: 146

Glad to see some progress Robert. I assume that's your truck and hauler they're cruising around in too. Can't be easy to hide all that. Has to be infuriating. Best of luck!
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

Default UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Racecar has been recovered! No word on truck or trailer.

Liked: 2

Default GREAT!

Time to get the tar and feathers ready for the crook.

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 649

$150,000.00?

Liked: 0

Default Found

I seen this morning on the news that the car was recoverd. Glad to see our citizens of Indianapolis found it for you. I heard it was a neighbor that seen this video seen it in a garage. The guy ran and they know who he is and they are looking for him.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    $150,000.00?
    Not that the news gets everything correct but there was a truck, trailer, FM, quad, tools and equipment taken.

Liked: 1432

Maybe there was $100k cash in the truck

Default Talking Heads?

I decided not to comment on the news story. It has been my experience that most people think open wheel cars with wings are worth much more than they really are. I did not tell Fox59 the $150K number. If you have ever won a race you would know how expensive the equipment is (If its Your money) to run a car properly.
    Go back to your couch or chair and conitue to believe EVERYTHING you see from the media and post negative comments on forums as you see fit.

I'm getting ready for the Runoffs this time with a T car.
    Thieves and negative people suck!
    Robert Noell FM#27

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

Default New media estimates

I work in the property insurance industry. What I have learned over the years is the media asks the Fire Chief the estimated cost of the damage and that is what they report. But fire men are not very good at estimating cost.

We go to disaster sites all the time and it is never as shown by the media.

Our general rule is don't talk to the media and don't believe anything they say.

Ed

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    But fire men are not very good at estimating cost.
    A friend on mine recently had a small fire at his house that burned a section of his roof eave and and scorched an exterior wall. The fire department came over after it was already put out and one of them told his wife it looked like "about $12,000" in damage, which threw her into hysterics. When all was said and done, they fixed it for about $3K.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 649

Quote Originally Posted by preston27 View Post
    Go back to your couch or chair and conitue to believe EVERYTHING you see from the media and post negative comments on forums as you see fit. I'm getting ready for the Runoffs this time with a T car. Thieves and negative people suck!
    Robert Noell FM#27
    [FONT=Verdana]It makes me ill at ease to see this happen, but unfortunately it does. It's called tact, or lack thereof. So let me get your head-space and timing right, Robert: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]EVERYONE [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]on Apex is you friend, your supporter and your fan. Your poorly worded and thought out response was not only unfortunate, it was also uncalled for. If I may suggest, you go back to your couch or chair and cool off a bit. We're friends here, and you need to know that.[/FONT]

VR

Iverson

Post Scriptum - Funny thing about this real-time electronic messaging. Unless skillfully crafted, it is difficult at best to determine the mood of the writer, nor the tone of the message. But for the most part, and especially here, I'd let it go if I were you.

Default Reply

This experience has been very stressful. I have had these photos of the criminals since June 28th. I have bitten everyones head off that I have come in contact with since this has happened ( just ask Indy PD). Please accept my apology.
    Robert Noell FM#27

Thread Information