Thread: F1 on FOX

ASRF1000

Default F1 on FOX

In case anyone was wondering (like I was) why the European Grand Prix was not on Speed this morning, it's on FOX at noon eastern.

Liked: 0

I made that realization too after waking up and noticing nothing was recording on the DVR. The funny thing was Fox Desportes (sp?) was carrying it live. I watched two minutes then turned it off. Its the same feed, but I like Matchett and Hobbs so I decided to wait.
    Ken

Liked: 9

Default Once again, color commentary was crap

I feel for Steve and Hobbs; they must be really frustrated to have to produce a Weekly Reader version of discussion for Fox viewers waiting for the NASCRAP race.. I hope they're getting a boatload of money for humbling themselves so badly.

I'm still wondering where I can get the BBC live feed.

Yeah, I know, you've heard it before. I'm nothing if not redundant! I also repeat myself.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 1417

Boring race. Boring track. Boring broadcast. Steve & Hobbs say the exact same things every Fox race describing every driver's helmet and car colors. F1 broadcasts for morons. Wish I wouldn't have wasted my time with that one...

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 261

but....the town and women are fantastic

Liked: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    Boring race. Boring track. Boring broadcast. Steve & Hobbs say the exact same things every Fox race describing every driver's helmet and car colors. F1 broadcasts for morons. Wish I wouldn't have wasted my time with that one...

Thank gawd for DVR's and the fast forward button...but even sped up it was boring.
    www.mteengineering.com
    1969 Lotus 61 FF, chassis #226
    1978 Ralt RT1 FSV, chassis #144

Liked: 72

Did you guys see the Indy Lights from Iowa? Granted, it was pretty boring after the first couple of laps but everytime I fast fwd. through the commercials, it was many laps later and the finish wasn't even shown. Just the post race interviews with rich furenures.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Idlof View Post
    I feel for Steve and Hobbs; they must be really frustrated to have to produce a Weekly Reader version of discussion for Fox viewers waiting for the NASCRAP race.. I hope they're getting a boatload of money for humbling themselves so badly.

I'm still wondering where I can get the BBC live feed.

Yeah, I know, you've heard it before. I'm nothing if not redundant! I also repeat myself.
    If you go to F1fanatic.co.uk and click on their live coverage link people often post links to sites streaming the BBC feed. Ask for one in the chat box and you'll probably have one in 20 seconds.

Hobbs and Matchet are dullards. I understand F1 is a highly technical and certainly confusing form of motorsport for the casual viewer, but they gear their entire broadcast towards someone who is watching F1 for the first time. This is fine with me when they're on Fox, but for the rest of the season it's aggravating.

BBC does a pretty darn good job.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 930

I watch TV for the pictures and if the commentators happen to say something good, I consider it a bonus.

Liked: 39

Default On Speed today at noon

Repeat today (Tuesday) at noon EDT on Speed.

Liked: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    I watch TV for the pictures and if the commentators happen to say something good, I consider it a bonus.
    I watch a lot of sports w/o the volume off; I am familiar enough with the rules, and the games, that i dont need some announcer telling me what he thinks that i just saw, i know what i am watching.

one exception; womens tennis. no video needed, just the sound in the background while working on the car in the garage.

Liked: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Pitt View Post
    one exception; womens tennis. no video needed, just the sound in the background while working on the car in the garage.

Well played sir, well played...
    www.mteengineering.com
    1969 Lotus 61 FF, chassis #226
    1978 Ralt RT1 FSV, chassis #144

Thread Information