Thread: Mosport Fun

Liked: 2

Default Mosport Fun

What fun. A new track sure makes you think about your driving. Helps give a little perspective on how you drive those tracks you "already know".

Wonderful track. Fast blind sweepers that challenged the rear of the car (or was that my manhood?) to stay hooked up. The hairpin was the only pusher, directly related to my erroneous lines. For some reason, I remained clueless in turn 2. Thankfully, I accidentally erased all my data. Unfortunately, the official timing did record objective evidence of my efforts. One more trip and I'm confident of 23's at least. My goal, as always, is to beat Jim Libecco.

TEST DAY
    What track time!!! We had a brief red flag each session and I still put in 48 laps. It is sooo nice to be the only class on track. Definitely worth a few extra bucks over a mixed national.

Q&R
    Two thumbs up on the six tire rule. The rationale is cost control. I don't really think that's it. For what it costs to compete, a tire or two is not gonna make a big difference in a front runners budget. I enjoy the strategy that this rule creates. 4 fronts 2 rear, 2 front 4 rear, etc. Great event, can't wait for Brainerd. TK

Liked: 112

Mosport was fun, wasn't it? That track is very fast.

Scott was in the 1:20 range. The list of published track records that I could find on eformulacarnews and the NEDIV website listed 1:29 as the prior existing record. I don't think the Pro weekend counts toward that new record, but it shows the speed we had there.

Surprisingly little damage to cars over the weekend considering almost everyone was new to the track and the speeds we were pushing.

Tilden, you can have me back at Road Atlanta since that track still confuses me.

I can't wait for the rounds 5&6 at Brainerd.

I STRONGLY suggest all of my GLDIV and CENDIV FE friends to get onboard for that race. We can have a very fun, very fast race up there. See what all the Pro hype is about.

Jim

PS--FE was faster than World Challenge. Wow.
    Last edited by iamuwere; 05.24.11 at 12:31 PM. Reason: times

Liked: 1

Loved the track! one more test day and i too feel that i would deff be able to get into the 23's. After seeing data and watching more video from sundays race i can totally see where my sunday consistant 24's could be at least high to mid 23's.

everyone in an FE should deff get there next year!

Like TK, i realize now how much the track will now help me at the previous tracks i have been at! Being new to racing Mosport deff helps you quickly learn to trust your car much more than any other track i have been to so far. If you want to compete with the mid packers and strive to become the front packers, the track forces you to push your previous limits to a new level.

Border crossing=easy! most of us all had some damage from the weekend, but for most of us it was minimal.

Liked: 0

ANy videos??
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Thread Information