Liked: 309

For Sale eBay : 1977 Reynard - Formula Ford

Found while browsing:

1977 Reynard - Formula Ford

This auction is for my 1977 Reynard - Formula Ford race car. It comes with the trailer and extra tires!

You will get the car and the trailer(with title) There is no title for the car, because it is NOT a street car.

1600cc Engine with low hours. Engine was rebuilt in 1997 and less than 25 hours since.
    Car runs great and has been in active storage.

Currently the car is geared and set up for Autocross.

The car is in Lexington. KY and you must arrange transportation. The trailer rides great, you should have no problems towing it.
    Not mine nor anyone I know.
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 319

Default Interesting...

I sent the gentleman a brief list of questions Wednesday but have not heard back. Does anyone here know this car or the owner?

Liked: 64

Hey guys, I live in Lexington but don't know this car? Strange because I thought I knew everyone racing. I would be glad to inspect for anybody wanting to bid.
    Wes Allen

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default 77 Reynard

I'd love to bid on this Reynard, simply because I love Reynards and this is probably the oldest one in the US. Problem is that I have a Titan Mk 6B that I need to sell first! It's the same old song...the deals never pop up when the timing is right.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 11

This car lived and was auto-x'd locally in Chicago region for a number of years. If memory serves me it was originally an early FF2000 car, which was then converted to a 1600.

Don Bruno bought it as a box of parts, restored it and ran it in local Chicago Region events w/ John Cecilia in the early 90's before acquiring a Lola 644. The Reynard was then sold to another Chicago Region 'newbie' who subsquently moved his business to Reno not to be seen again. Somewhere in there the car must have ended up in KY, because I haven't seen it in over 10 years.

Was always a very clean and well prepared car back then, when I was running against it in my FF83.
    Peter Calhoun
    Motorsport Manager- Michelin North America, Inc.
    Swift DB1-86 FF1600 (bye-bye 3.12)
    2009-10 SCCA CM National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I'd love to bid on this Reynard, simply because I love Reynards and this is probably the oldest one in the US. Problem is that I have a Titan Mk 6B that I need to sell first! It's the same old song...the deals never pop up when the timing is right.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    I'd love to bid on this too; however, despite 100% positive feedback, I'm a little hesitant to pony up $2K down via paypal. He's not responded to my questions either.

No contact, no communications, no bid from me!

To do it, I'd have to tap my IRA for an early withdrawal. Not exactly a brilliant move from a former investment representative!

Ciao,

Kip

Liked: 2

imo .itwas originally sf77 a f2000 or super ford as they call them originally in the uk ,could be intersting to restore it back like it was .i dont thinks theres a lot like that in north america

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default SF2000?

I didn't think the 2-liter winged car (super Ford or FF2000--whatever you want to call it) came into the inventory until 1982/3? I know it didn't do well in the UK, but it caught hold here in the US.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
    Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 2

it did well in england ,but not for long . in the late seventies and early 80s there was a big pack of formula super ford with many marques ,lola dulon vandiemen royale ,and the first real commecial "success " of Reynard . after that the gm vauxhall and even formula renault uk came and there was too many series . in north america specially in canada the FF2000 came later in the eighties but for a while it was a lively series . and in north america the only series of the same level was the super vee and then they were mostly running on oval as Cart support race ??,imagine

Liked: 7

Default Raynard

Julie Wilkins ran a similar car (ebay) with a narrowed front nose like the picture above, in the Quebec series 1989-1994.
    J-Guy

Liked: 0

If this is a bit of an oddball car, is there anything in the Solo rules preventing it from competing in CM? I know it has been campaigned in CM before, but I'm not clear on specific inclusions.

Thanks.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4362

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I didn't think the 2-liter winged car (super Ford or FF2000--whatever you want to call it) came into the inventory until 1982/3? I know it didn't do well in the UK, but it caught hold here in the US.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
    Larry Oliver
    There were full-blown British and Euro Championships by 1982 when Senna won both for VD. Gugelman (sp?) was the lead VD driver in 83. By 84, Reynards were all conquering. F2000 came to Canada in 83. I went to England in 84 and bought an 82 VD and I remember there were lots of 81s around too. Prior to 81, most of the cars had sports car noses. Of all the old cars that people think have significance, I would have thought this would be one. I believe this was one of Adrian Reynard's personal cars he built on the side while working a day job for another manufacturer in the late 70s.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets View Post
    If this is a bit of an oddball car, is there anything in the Solo rules preventing it from competing in CM? I know it has been campaigned in CM before, but I'm not clear on specific inclusions.

Thanks.
    This car is CM eligible, as Reynard is on the approved manufacturer list in the Solo rulebook.
    Peter Calhoun
    Motorsport Manager- Michelin North America, Inc.
    Swift DB1-86 FF1600 (bye-bye 3.12)
    2009-10 SCCA CM National Champions

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default looking at the side pods..................

definitely a F2000

if a 1977 car, type is 77F of which 16 were produced

the "x" brace behind the main hoop was an early Reynard "trademark"

Liked: 0

Default Reynard FF 2000

I have a 1978 Reynard FF2000 set up the same as the one for sale . They cleaned the board in FF 2000 in Europe in 1978 /79.
    It is the Julie Wilkens car mentioned by Comp 89. Just pulled it out of storage to restore to run in vintage Club Ford as their is no place for old 2000 cars to run. There are 2 successful series for them running in the UK now. Does anybody have a wide nose for these in their garage ?

John Lindsay

I did finally get a brief response to my questions. I suggested a phone call followup but have not heard from him.

Oh well. Looks like my IRA account will remain intact.

Thread Information