Liked: 3

Default Pacific Formula F Supere Series

[FONT=Arial]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Pacific F2000 Expands to Include Pacific Formula F Super Series

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Buttonwillow, Calif. (March 1, 2011) – The Pacific F2000 Championship Presented by Corsa Car Care will add a new string to its bow in 2011 as it continues to provide opportunities both for veteran drivers to enjoy some spirited competition and for ambitious youngsters who are seeking to lay the groundwork for a career in the sport.

[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman] The new Formula F Super Series will run as a separate class at four of the six Pacific F2000 race meetings and will feature modern Formula F cars powered either by the trusty 1.6-liter Ford “Kent” engine, which has been a staple of competition since the 1960s, or the more modern, fuel-injected, 1.5-liter Fit L15A7 motor taken from the popular Honda Fit passenger car.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    “Formula F has a rich history as an entry vehicle for aspiring and veteran racers alike,” says longtime Formula F aficionado Eric Sakowicz. “Providing a cost-effective platform for generating renewed interest in the class has been long overdue. The opportunity to combine the Pacific Formula F Super Series with Pacific F2000 and its eight-year history seemed to be a natural fit. I’m really excited about what the Series can become.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    Each of the four race weekends will feature open practice, two qualifying sessions and a pair of 30-minute races with the Formula F field starting separately from the F2000 cars.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    “I have long been a proponent of Formula F, having started my own racing life in a Crossle 32F,” says Pacific F2000 Series principal Les Phillips, who also serves as General Manager of Buttonwillow Raceway. “I am real excited about all the work Eric has done to organize and bring the Formula F cars to the Pacific F2000 series. We hope to contribute in a small way toward rebuilding the class here on the West Coast.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    To ensure a level playing field, the Formula F cars will be governed by the current SCCA GCR. Technical inspection will be conducting and fuel will be tested on a regular basis. The tire brand and configuration of tires will be the choice of the individual competitor, although as an additional cost-saving measure, all cars will be limited to one set of tires for each race weekend.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    VP Racing Fuels will be an official provider for the series, along with returning sponsors Corsa Car Care, Porterfield Brakes, Wine Country Motorsports and Buttonwillow Raceway.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    F2000 originated in England in 1974 and has helped spawn the careers of many of the sport’s top names, including Formula 1 World Champions Ayrton Senna and Damon Hill. It has been equally productive in North America, producing such alumni as Sam Hornish Jr., Buddy Rice, Paul Tracy, Jimmy Vasser and Dan Wheldon. Graduates of Pacific F2000 since its inception in 2004 include J.R. Hildebrand, who won the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights Championship and will drive the #4 National Guard car in this year’s IZOD IndyCar Series; rising Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series star Dane Cameron; and Jason Bowles, who won the 2011 NASCAR Toyota All-Star Showdown at Irwindale Speedway and finished fifth on his debut in the ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards at Daytona.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    The roots of Formula F stretch even longer, to 1967, when Formula Ford was introduced in England as a cost-effective first rung on the racing ladder. Many top drivers from around the world began their careers in Formula Ford, including Formula 1 World Champions from Emerson Fittipaldi and James Hunt to Michael Schumacher and Jenson Button, as well as Indianapolis 500 champions Danny Sullivan, Arie Luyendyk and Scott Dixon.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]2011 Pacific Formula F Super Series Schedule[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Dates: Venue: Sanctioned by:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]May 21/22 Buttonwillow Raceway, Buttonwillow, Calif. Cal Club SCCA[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]June 11/12 Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Calif. Cal Club SCCA[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]September 24/25 Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, Calif. NASA[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]October 7-9 Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, Nev. VARA[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial]

For more details go to [/FONT][FONT=Arial]www.pacificf2000.com[/FONT][FONT=Arial] or contact Les Phillips at 661-764-5333, or by email, [/FONT][FONT=Arial]lesrace@aol.com[/FONT][FONT=Arial].[/FONT]

Liked: 502

Quiet thread for a while. How many going? I am considering Vegas as a one off in October.....Any ideas regarding entry count for upcoming opener?

Liked: 29

Default Pacific Formula F

I'd like to see any news about any previous Pacific Formula F events. Haven't seen anything. Makes one wonder if the series really exists. I'd also like to know who/how many are going to be at Buttonwillow May 21-22.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

....and what's the restrictor size on the honda?

Liked: 3

This will be the premier event for the series which joins with the Pacific F2000 series. The expectation is for nearly a dozen cars with 4 Honda's.

The Formula F rules will follow the SCCA GCR for the class with one exception. SCCA allows the Honda to run with a 29 mm restrictor and we will be allowing the 30.5 mm plates. Bobby Oergel has volunteered to compare data from all the F cars to help us better learn what resrtictor is most appropriate.

Buttonwillow Raceway Park will have an Open Test day on Friday May 20 and we will have our own grouping, probably four sessions of 25 minutes. Our schedule includes a 15 or 20 minute practice session Saturday morning at approximately 8:45. Tires will be open for that session for all cars. We expect to qualify on Saturday at 11:30 and race at 3:30. The Sunday schedule will be qualify at 8:55 and race at 1:40.

Ford Racing will provide the Pacific Formula F Super Series contingencies similar to those provided for the F1600 Formula F Championship on the east coast. Racers with Ford power plants must be registered with www.fordracingparts.com and have decals and patches as defined by Ford.

If a Ford powered car wins, the payout is $500.00; second place $300.00; third place $200; and the top five finishing Ford competitors that fail to reach the podium will receive $100.00 each.

If Ford powered cars sweep the podium just two Ford finishers will receive the $100.00; and if no Ford powered cars are on the podium the top five drivers will receive $100.00.

This is great news and Les and Pacific F2000 wish to thank both Honda and Ford Racing for their generous support. As always, if you have questions please call Les at BRP (661.764.5333) or by email: lesrace@aol.com

Liked: 502

Default FF Super Series

Let's go. I am working on some engineering issues right now, but plan to try it out in October in Vegas. Seems like a fun time, with some good congincencies. Arizona interested guys contact me, I would be interested in sharing transportation, as well as I do have a mechanic that wants to go, but it will costs us, He has received a trophy for Mechanic of the year in this very series in the F2000 division. I would be interested in sharing a test day or two prior at Firbird Main on the slicks with this engineer, and have gotten gearing for the Vegas track that I will only share under the cone of silence, as per Maxwell Smart. GY 160's won't work, as their lives are 2-3 cycles, in this heat. One set per weekend, per rules. There are some 430's, I think they are, we need to play with them, last test session prior to the weekend, then mark and bag . Let's do some testing: secret springs, stealth shocks, sacred sway bars, etc. Email me if you are interested in sharing a test day/data. Cost is around 120.00 track fee for four half hour sessions, total daily, not per session.Fee for Trackside contact should be on an as needed basis. I will help you as time allows, but am going out to prepare for my race, not yours. Not trying to be rude, just saying. AIM data we can compare/overlay. With all due respect, if you would like to share this test day, please don't bring a car needing engine/tranny work. This test day is for spings, shocks, tires,
    Last edited by marshall9; 05.13.11 at 2:14 PM.

Thread Information