Liked: 0

Default Formula Zuerst for sale - SOLD

Formula Zuerst for sale. Car is ready to go. New carb and shift linkage u joints. Two sets of Superlit GTR wheels, one set with intermediates, the other with slicks. Also included is one set of unused rains on steel wheels. Car comes with body molds and chassis jigs. $7000.

CAR IS SOLD

Barry 928-710-4046

[IMG]c:\misc\001.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 01.06.13 at 12:53 PM.

Would like to see car I will be AZ first part of march. Will this car fit a big guy 5'11 245. I'am looking for my first car,and need a car to learn with. Have been looking a vees to covert, If you build the car from ground up yo know so much more about it. Will give you a call before we come down . thank Keith 248-342-7493

Liked: 190

Default '02 Jacer V2K2 / Formula Zuerst

This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get into FST. The price is extemely reasonable and Jared Smith lead a number of series races with this car.

It started life as an Australian Jacer FV kit that came throught Canada (Dan Purdy) to belong to Jim Schings of SRacing. I made a deal with Jim and assembled the car to is original configuration (fan cooling) and it first raced in 2004 (see photo).

Jim and Greg Schings made some significant modifications (beltless cooling and trailing arm rear suspension) and ran the car. Later the car was sold to Win & Jared Smith who made further modifications and dubbed the car with its current name, Formula Zuerst.

It's a nice car for a good price. It has a fair amount of room in the upper body area, so at 5' 11" and 245 lbs. I'd bet you'll fit reasonably good.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 12.26.11 at 8:39 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Wins at Gateway, Gnigerman and Nelson Ledges. Former track record holder at Gateway, Road America, Indianapolis Raceway Park and Gingerman. All those records have since been broken. That was just while we had the car. Others were equally successful with the car.

Liked: 151

Default Zuerst/Jacer

Kinda missed out on what was said in this thread but this car looks like a great deal if it comes with a motor—couldn’t tell exactly. This was a fast car driven by a fast driver. The car could use a few tweaks but it was real close.

Off the direct subject, the former driver Jared Smith will be back in the Hoosier Tire Series this year and I bet he' love the opportunity to run against his old car.

There is a another Jacer currently running in the series that is driven by Reece Everhard—wouldn’t it be great to have two Jacers this year.

Is the a new Jacer bodywork available here in the US, or would you have to get one from Australia - if you ever needed one?

SRacing has Jacer bodywork in stock and molds if one needs more. The whole body kit is listed for under $1k, very good deal.
    Bill Bonow

That's good to know. I haven't contacted them just yet... Any idea if they have drawings or dimensions to share? I have a custom built solo car and I would like to know if it can fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    SRacing has Jacer bodywork in stock and molds if one needs more. The whole body kit is listed for under $1k, very good deal.

Default More Info

The Zuerst comes with body molds and frame jig. With the body molds is a full set of parts.

This is a complete car, ready to go.

Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

I noticed on the Jacer website that Jim is the US importer. Apparently there's also a Canadian connection.

Are these cars being imported actively around here? The 2k8 looks pretty good.

Liked: 50

We no longer import the Jacer. (I am not sure why they kept us listed there.) We do have permission to clone the car in the US, but there has been no activity other than I think the 3 that are in N.A. now. This is a steal price for this car. (At least the last time I saw it.) We do have body parts for the Jacer. Including seats.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Don't mean to hack the thread... But out of curiosity, what car model are you allowed to clone? They seem to have a number of F2ks.

What Jacer model is this Zuerst?

Quote Originally Posted by sracing View Post
    We no longer import the Jacer. (I am not sure why they kept us listed there.) We do have permission to clone the car in the US, but there has been no activity other than I think the 3 that are in N.A. now. This is a steal price for this car. (At least the last time I saw it.) We do have body parts for the Jacer. Including seats.

Quote Originally Posted by jstoezel View Post
    Don't mean to hack the thread... But out of curiosity, what car model are you allowed to clone? They seem to have a number of F2ks.

What model is this Zuerst?
    Your not hacking at all, were talking about a car for sale (at a real bargain price).

The Zuerst is not really a 100% clone of a Jacer, but it started life as a V2K2 (read up on post #3) and was progressively modified. So, to answer your question, the bodywork is modified Jacer V2K2 (the last of the FV 1200 cars built by Jacer).

For the $7k that Barry is asking, it is a steal. It is fast, complete and cheap.

To give you and example of Jacer prices, the F2K8 is going to cost $35k complete.

Here is a link to Jacer chassis history: http://jacer.com.au/chassis.html
    Bill Bonow

Yep, I missed this, thanks for pointing it out.

The Zuerst is not really a 100% clone of a Jacer, but it started life as a V2K2 (read up on post #3) and was progressively modified. So, to answer your question, the bodywork is modified Jacer V2K2 (the last of the FV 1200 cars built by Jacer).
    Last edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel; 02.17.11 at 9:00 PM.

Thought I'd add little history and a few more photos.

Jim purchased the car from Dan Purdy in 2002, but never found the time to assemble the kit. It sat for almost a year, so I made him an offer to get it going as an FST. He supplied all the parts and I would assemble the kit. I got it 90% complete and delivered it to Mid-Ohio on September 8, 2003 (first photo). At this point, SRacing was growing by leaps and bounds, moving from Jim's garage to their current location. Needless to say, the Jacer project was not top priority. I got the car back to finish the last details for some seat time at the Grattan opener in late May 2004 (photo in post # 3). The car was driven over the next couple seasons by Greg Schings and Mark Kelly (second photo) as modifications and transformation began. In '06, Win and Jared Smith took over the project with their first race at Grattan (third photo). We all loved the new color red on the car (forth photo), but in '08 (?) the car was changed to look more "rat rod" with flat black paint. In late '08 (?), the car was sold to Barry in AZ and have not heard much since.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 12.26.11 at 8:39 PM.
    Bill Bonow

Thanks for all the support from the forum. I purchased this car because I thought the class has potential. It is not expensive, and the cars should be reliable. I thought that I would have enough time to use the car, but I manage two businesses and a set of 14 year old twin boys, just not enough time. So the car has set for most of the time that I have owned it. I originally paid twice the asking price for the car. The car is complete, with body molds and chassis jigs. It hasn't been on a track for a year or so, but should be ready to go.

I have had a couple of interested parties, but no purchase commitments. It looks like this is going to go soon. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Is this car still for sale?

Liked: 50

I THINK it was sold. A guy called me last week and asked about it (we owned it at one time) and said he was going to buy it.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Default Car Sold

Thanks for all the support from the site. The car is sold and is at it's new home in Wisconsin.

Remember we have plenty of Superlite wheels made for this class.

Cool - that makes two FST's in Wisconsin now I think, and what, 4-5 in Northern Illinois? Should have some good counts at the CenDiv races this year!
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Thread Information