Liked: 151

Default GOMEZ is back!!!!

Yes that's right----- Gomez is back

I’ve just heard that Gomez has been purchased and, this is the best part, it will be running in our series next year. Of the three cars that I know of for sale Gomez is the “ready to go” one. It was updated to the current spec last year and it’s a proven front runner with all the right stuff. About all that’s needed to get it on the track is to be set up to the new driver’s preferences. Speaking of the new driver I’m not spoiling his show but I’m sure there will be an announcement soon.

Liked: 76

It,s just good to see another car out of the garage and back on the track.
    Butch
    butch deer

Liked: 190

Default Gomez Adams

Gomez has a great history. Finished top 5 at the '95 Runoffs as an FV (sister car to Jon Adams, '95 Runoffs winner), was bought by Ryan Newman's (NASCAR) cheif mechanic (can't remember his name), faded into obscurity and became a garage queen. Doug Dale and I bought it as an FV, sold the parts and converted it to FST status (for an insainly cheap cost). Here are some shots of Gomez

Glad to see it back in the fold.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

What's the story behind the name?

Quote Originally Posted by rgu View Post
    Yes that's right----- Gomez is back

I’ve just heard that Gomez has been purchased and, this is the best part, it will be running in our series next year. Of the three cars that I know of for sale Gomez is the “ready to go” one. It was updated to the current spec last year and it’s a proven front runner with all the right stuff. About all that’s needed to get it on the track is to be set up to the new driver’s preferences. Speaking of the new driver I’m not spoiling his show but I’m sure there will be an announcement soon.

Liked: 190

The car is originally an Adams Aero Jay. We simply re-named it Gomez Addams......

This guy:
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 151

Default legacy

"Gomez Addams is an athletic, acrobatic, and eccentric multi-billionaire. Though an extremely successful businessman, having acquired much of his wealth through investments he seems to have little regard for money and will casually spend thousands of dollars on any whimsical endeavor (a fact that often mortifies visitors of the Addams household). Gomez's investments are guided more by whimsy than strategy, yet luck rarely fails him."

How can you lose with 60 years of New Yorker cartoons behind you.
    Last edited by rgu; 01.26.11 at 11:47 PM. Reason: SP

Ahahaha that's pretty funny.

This car looks great, much better than mine - I won't mention it's a FV =].

How much leg room do you get in an Adams Aero? I'm 6' and 155lbs. I'm a little squeezed in my Lynx B, my shoulders are tight against the side bars. I don't have much leg room either.

I've been looking to get a newer/roomier car but can't afford the switch for now. I could use my Lynx as a donor though for anything including the fuel cell, and a slider would probably be the cheaper solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    The car is originally an Adams Aero Jay. We simply re-named it Gomez Addams......

This guy:
    Last edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel; 01.27.11 at 1:26 PM.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jstoezel View Post
    How much leg room do you get in an Adams Aero? I'm 6' and 155lbs. I'm a little squeezed in my Lynx B, my shoulders are tight against the side bars. I don't have much leg room either.
    Leg room? What's that?

My car is also an Adams FST convert - at 5'8" and too many pounds it's a bit crowded in there. If I can take some pounds off my fat a$$ it will be better, but leg room is not the Adam's forte'

If you get to any of the CenDiv races or the FST Series races you're welcome to have a sit and see how you fit.

Bob

Is it time yet? Getting itchy!!!!!
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Liked: 2

Exactly how many dollars does a "conversion done at an insanely low price" cost?
    And just how do you do a conversion at an insanely low price?
    Lance

jstoezel: Installing proper race car steering (R&P) moved all of the steering linkage out of the footbox, and let me relocate the master cylinders and pedals way forward. This gave me the room I needed to fit my 6’2” - 200lbs body comfortably into a Lynx

Lance: Here are my numbers... I sold all of my Vee stuff for about $4600. This included a couple sets of brand new wheels, a Noble regional engine, a roller bearing beam drum-to-drum, a couple transmissions, and some other misc spares. I bought all the FST stuff (most of it 2nd hand), for about $5700…..cost delta = $1100. I should have worked harder to improve that number, but I was pretty lazy when it came to selling my Vee stuff. I just took whatever offers came my way. Plus, I bought a proven championship winning Autowerks engine from Greg Rice – so I spent a little more there than I really needed too (but still HALF of a Runoffs FV motor).

I'm interested, I'm squeezed in the Lynx. Do you have pictures of the front of your car?
    I would also be interested in seeing what modifications (if any) you've made to accommodate a Hans device (I'm assuming these are mandatory in SCCA? - They are here with WCMA since last season).

Quote Originally Posted by jsteeb View Post
    jstoezel: Installing proper race car steering (R&P) moved all of the steering linkage out of the footbox, and let me relocate the master cylinders and pedals way forward. This gave me the room I needed to fit my 6’2” - 200lbs body comfortably into a Lynx

Lance: Here are my numbers... I sold all of my Vee stuff for about $4600. This included a couple sets of brand new wheels, a Noble regional engine, a roller bearing beam drum-to-drum, a couple transmissions, and some other misc spares. I bought all the FST stuff (most of it 2nd hand), for about $5700…..cost delta = $1100. I should have worked harder to improve that number, but I was pretty lazy when it came to selling my Vee stuff. I just took whatever offers came my way. Plus, I bought a proven championship winning Autowerks engine from Greg Rice – so I spent a little more there than I really needed too (but still HALF of a Runoffs FV motor).
    Last edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel; 02.28.11 at 10:51 PM.

HANS not required yet. But, I will get some pics posted.

I found pics of the modifications of the firewall in your personal album. Looks good. Do you think you get enough head/neck support backwards with the firewall alone?

Also, looks like you're able to "sink" under the top members, and get your shoulders under them.
    I can't do that for now, as I end up running out of leg space. As a consequence my shoulders are squeezed in between the top members->lots of arm fatigue and my upper body is exposed.

It's interesting to see that you've kept the shock towers even if you're running a zero roll suspension.

HANS not required yet. But, I will get some pics posted.
    Last edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel; 02.28.11 at 10:56 PM.

With horse trading and selling off my FV stuff I figure my conversion cost for my Adams was in the $2,000 - $2,500 range, but since ALL my FV tires were shot and my FV motor was probably due for a freshening, my analysis was basically $1,000 +/- to get the car in shape to run as regional qulaity FV or, for another $1,000 or so, convert to FST. With the spec tires and single transaxle, it really became sort of a no brainer at that point.

There were a lot of bugs to work out after the conversion so last season was frustrating, but honestly, most, if not all, the bugs were due to my inexperience. The FST guys were truely great at helping me sort out the issues.

This years goal is to imporve the suspension and handling, and have a car that can actually finish races!
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

After a 1500-mile round trip for me, "Gomez" is now setting at the SR Racing shop getting readied for SCCA Tech Day. It will be re-numbered "31" as I havent seen that used on a FST. Crossing my fingers and hoping my brother will be able to attend the Nelson race school in May; he can choose the Adams or the Mysterian for the school, or maybe even try each car.

Randy S.

Liked: 2

I'm jealous...

Lance

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by RedMyst View Post
    After a 1500-mile round trip for me, "Gomez" is now setting at the SR Racing shop getting readied for SCCA Tech Day. It will be re-numbered "31" as I havent seen that used on a FST. Crossing my fingers and hoping my brother will be able to attend the Nelson race school in May; he can choose the Adams or the Mysterian for the school, or maybe even try each car.

Randy S.
    Welcome to the Adams Family Randy!

I created an Adams "support group" on Facebook :

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...572501471&ap=1

See you at the races!

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Thread Information