Liked: 0

Default Open Practice and Second School Scheduled

It was confirmed last night that we will have 2 open practice days on April 9 & 10 on the Pocono North Course. Cost is $500.00 for 2 day school, $200.00 for single day practice and $350 for 2 day practice.
    This will also be offered as an EXTENDED school for shool participants. This allow school drivers get much more time than is recent years.
    Chalk talk will be done in the morning on Saturday.
    This is an experiment to see if the practice days and extended school is desirable.
    [SIZE=3]ALL SCHOOL candidates should contact FRCCA HDQ via phone (570)-669-9589 to confirm that they are going to either the original and or the extended school.[/SIZE]
    Also a reminder to all please get your paper work into the club for membership ASAP. Paperwork can be submitted without physicals they can catch up later. [SIZE=3] We need paper work regardless of returning member or new[/SIZE] regardless of budget plan participation or not and they can be mailed or emailed or faxed.
    JH

Liked: 127

Interested in running a practice day on one of the two days.

Do you have any idea how much track time I will get, or even better would be a detailed schedule of the day.

Thank you!

Somewhere around 2 hours per day maybe a little more.
    JH

Ok good...when does the day start and end? I have an scca regional license, what paperwork do you need from me? I am not an frcca member, just would like to pay for the event, that's ok right? What about annual tech inspection, the car passed tech for 2010 but does not have a 2011 tech complete yet, do I need an annual for 2011 to run at this open pracice?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

Gates open at 7am! day usually ends around 5/5.30

SCCA papers are just fine just show up and sign in at the FRCCA registration area. We will do a look around on your car before you go out but 2010 inspection OK.
    Thanks,
    John
    JH

When is the deadline for registration?

No deadline - just show up.
    Thanks,
    John
    JH

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Sounds like a great weekend

Well.... What a great opportunity to get the car sorted out and the cob webs out of the cockpit. Nice time to renew some old friendships, too. Maybe there are just a few experienced driver/owner instructors available for suggestions setting up the car. Sounds like there will be a lot of track time. Registration and tech inspection no big deal. Just wish I lived closer...

Pocono Practice is cancelled, safer barrier construction is behind schedule per the FRCCA web page so they have cancelled our weekend.
    Bill Carroll
    http://componentsolutionsllc.net/
    Component Solutions - Construction and Race Car Marketing
    Euroswift SC97, VWBug GT4

Unfortunately FV55 is correct Pocono has not been able to get the safer barriers that NASCAR is requiring in due to weather so they canceled the event.
    Our next event is at Shenandoah on April 16 & 17.
    Thanks,
    John
    www.formularacecarclubofamerica.com
    frcca@ptd.net
    JH

Liked: 17

Well, that gives me another week to get the car back together.
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Liked: 62

Ditto that statement Actually I will score some much needed points on the domestic front, as I now can spend tomorrow afternoon doing some neglected spring yard work rather than trying to wrap up the car. It will also mean I may not have the ugliest car at Summit Point, as I'll shoot some paint on it next weekend. Won't be concourse, but at least not an eyesore.

Glenn

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Disappointing to say the least

Sure glad you passed the word, would have been a long drive for me Best to all and have a great season.

Thread Information