Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 0

Hey!! No one ran into me!!
    I hardly saw anyone all race(s)!! bar the back of F2's car for the most.

I have nothing to complain about!!! Almost.
    I can't even comment on "That was good racing Mr X", or "not so good Mr Y", cos I didn't see any of it!!!

Well, the bit I saw was a pretty good job by Oldnslow!! Fending off F2 very well, until he could no more.
    Plus a good job, and maybe charitable one(?), where Oldnslow caught me after I had a spin and just couldn't quite get past so he made sure he remained unobtrusive....OR just gave me the benefit of a doubt and let me keep it!! So either way that deserves thanks!

And I happened to see one of Doug's races, so that was good driving. Though I have no idea what lap times or positions were had. But that is irrelevant to good driving.

VSpeed and the Black Cat had a good day at Laguna, one of our very favourite tracks.
    (And I still can't touch Sel and his great and fully legal 1:34.6xx!!)

Liked: 6

TOUGH NIGHT FOR HAGGIS RACING

Right from our corner 1 spin, in the warm-up laps, it was obvious something wasn’t right. The video frame rate was atrocious and the car would instantly switch from understeer to oversteer. The brakes and accelerator seemed to be at a pathetic 70%.

I don’t know whether it was a bottleneck in the internet or the fact that I am running on a old P2-350. Haggis Racing will definitely have to invest in an up-to date computer for next season.

By adjusting my driving style to early on the brakes, short shifting and accelerating only in a straight line, we were able to move up to fifth or six place in every heat; only to lose it all in an inevitable spin.

My apologies to Eric. I ran into the back of you in the Cork Screw (first lap – Heat3). I guess I didn’t brake soon enough – My fault.

Apologies are also in order to Charlie, Bob, Tom and Doug. In many instances in Heat 3, I must have seemed like a moving chicane. I was not intentionally blocking – just trying to keep my ill handling car on the black stuff. At least you all got by me without major incident.

The really great news is that for the second race in a row, all the “West Division” heats got underway without restarts. I guess this means all of us are getting much better. Congratulations to all.

See you all next week at Indy Road Course.

Wee Bobby

Thanks Wee, that takes the sting off a bad night. After that ramming I didn't even get a kiss. Oh well fun was had by all, I am GLAD IT IS OVER.

See you at Indy!!!
    Eric Peterson

Are points updated?? todnight or after weekend?

MM
    "Luck is when Opportunity meets Preparation"
    RaceDriver/Driver Coach
    Motorsport Enterprises Racing - www.GoTeamMER.com
    Marc's Fan site: http://www.themarcmillershow.com <-- Click it!

Liked: 447

I've got points done for the East (not published yet), I'm waiting on Doug for his...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Big thanks for the people who are putting up and using their time for this series. Before it ends
    i appreciate it. especially when it takes away from race car prep time.

Liked: 1417

I have the official points done on the spreadsheet, because everything was pending on a couple of different protests.

I reviewed everything, and only one driver was noticed consistently running his car WAY off track on turn-in to more than a few corners to gain an advantage. Ironically enough, it wasn't either of the drivers who were protested. One of the protesting drivers was actually more guilty of off-track lines than the car he was protesting. These all happened AFTER my online warnings NOT to run off-track on turn-ins!

My view is that the offending drivers' actions at Laguna Seca have no impact on the final point standings for the qualification for the RunOffs at Mid-Ohio, so unless there is a close call in points for final spots after Indy with these drivers, it will remain as-is from Laguna Seca. Points should be up soon... but we're leaving for Grattan early tomorrow morning for the double this weekend, so no promises.

doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information