Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Spy Shots

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 29

Sam will be heading out for one more test day at MSR Houston on Thursday Mar. 3 instead of this week.

Liked: 5

I assume he lives in Texas. Why doesn't he just race in the double national at Texas World Speedway on March 5th and 6th?

Lives in Ohio, 16 years old hasn't gone through all the red tape of getting a SCCA license, car owner will be getting ready to leave for Sebring USF2000, car is being brought back to Ohio on the 4th. to get ready for VIR F1600 race. Not really an option.

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Beasley View Post
    Not really an option.
    Too bad. I would like to see it run in SCCA trim with an SCCA legal restrictor.

BTW, The TWS FF lap record as far as I know is still held by Darren Brown in a DB-1. Yup, a DB-1.
    Last edited by BWC54; 03.05.11 at 6:51 PM.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Any update of more testing, more records set?

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Red tape

Ben,
    You should start the red tape process. National license is required to run the F1600 series.
    Also, the car needs to be compliant with 2011 GCR

Liked: 0

This Mygale seems to be extremely similar to the Jamun cars we were running along side at Silverstone a week ago. It looks to be running the standard MSA FF side pods and non-resevoir dampers. Quantum dampers are a staple on Jamun cars so it doesn't surprise me that this car showed up with them. Exhaust layout on the MSA FFs with their Duratec and the Honda engined cars is similar so no change required for the side pod. I would imagine though that based on SCCA/USF1600 rules that you'll see this car with modified side pods soon as it will reduce a bit of drag.

On a side note, next year will be a big change in FF chassis design here in europe as the cars will get a safety update along with new engine and gearbox. The cost to run with a top team in 2012 will more than likely be the same as the entry level winged cars like Formula Renault 2.0 so I would imagine the class will take a hit in customers for a bit.

There are a lot of Jamun cars running around here in England for sale so if anyone is interested let me know and I can scope a car out for ya.

http://www.racingcarsforsale.co.uk/s..._description=1

Cheers, Keith

Liked: 3787

On a side note, next year will be a big change in FF chassis design here in europe as the cars will get a safety update along with new engine and gearbox. The cost to run with a top team in 2012 will more than likely be the same as the entry level winged cars like Formula Renault 2.0 so I would imagine the class will take a hit in customers for a bit.

Being unfamiliar with Europe FF racing...Is this chassis, engine, gearbox change only forced at the professional racing level, or is it happening at the club level?

Just at the pro level. There has been some talk about trying a Duratec class but I don't thing it will catch on. Interesting to see when the sequential gearbox will be utilized outside of the pro ranks. If the FF 1600 pro series catches on enough, wonder if it will line up with MSA FF and go to different engine and gearbox. At some point the Kent will have to be relegated to historic racing only, when that will be is up for debate.

rumor is there was some more testing in Texas yesterday...any new lap records set?
    Last edited by Steve Bamford; 03.09.11 at 9:18 AM. Reason: American spelling

Default Testing

Weather was raining and damp most of the day, Sam tested with tires from last time, they now have over 200 laps , have @ 20 heat cycles, and have sat for a month or two, so no lap records yesterday. New tires go on today and if the weather cooperates? I'll let you know.

Weather should be good today. Its overcast and mid 60's, but should get into the mid 70's and be partly cloudy. I can't wait until spring when it will warm up a bit.
    Ken

I am sure the weather today in Texas will have been a heck of a lot better then it has been for the last four months or so in the Northeast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information