Liked: 309

For Sale WHRRI: 1989 Reynard FC ~ $5,500

Found while browsing Waterford Hills fourm:

1989 Reynard FC---- DISASSEMBLED

1989 Reynard FC, car has aluminum uprights, all parts to assemble, Great project car for someone!!! Unknown on engine specifics or internals. Car has SCCA logbook, and also was a previous WHRRI participant. I have the frame at the shop now, and it will be good to go when some small repairs are finished. 2 sets of wheels (Compo's and DYMAGS), there are other spares with car ie: gears, misc. parts. Can be made as a FC, or even as a FF!!!

$5500.00 OBO Thanks - Bruce 734-776-1263(C), 734-427-1187(H)
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 5

Interesting...there was recently an 82 version same car, same condition, same location listed.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

These cars came from the west coast recently. I think they belonged to RickB99.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    These cars came from the west coast recently. I think they belonged to RickB99.

We had an 1989 and a 1990. One was (check over) race ready the other was down to major sub-assembly's for a rebuild.

BOTH cars went to Averills back yard with Bruce McDonald and running engines Our wheels for both cars were Techno's and Compo's

Sounds like it was ours....
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 145

Default Reynards

Checked the pictures of the 90, and unless there is a doppleganger with ICSCC stickers or we are in backwards Superman world they are one and the same mate. When will we see you back at the track? Will we see you at the Spokane triple race?

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1489

Was the dis-assembled one green and white in a previous life, maybe came from Lima, OH?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

I spoke to the current owner who said both these cars at one time were in the Michigan area, went to Las Vegas, then to the PacNW, and are now back in Michigan. Boy, some of these cars really do make the rounds, don't they?
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 5

where did you see pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    Was the dis-assembled one green and white in a previous life, maybe came from Lima, OH?
    When we had them one red and one black. No signs of white or green in past life on these body bits.

One note. The rebuilt by Averill post Mid-O crash was red and the other was black. End of 1st season in the well aged black car Jeff decided to run the 'red chassis' but we switched the body work over so it was black and the red went to the chassis waiting for rebuild.

Interesting point I didn't expect. Jeff was reasonably fast circulating just .55 seconds slower then the very best FC guys up here on 2 mile plus tracks. Point is, he knew how to make the car move. In his opinion the tired old black car and the fresh rebuilt red one drove and felt just about the same.

Easy driving old Reynards !

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    I spoke to the current owner who said both these cars at one time were in the Michigan area, went to Las Vegas, then to the PacNW, and are now back in Michigan. Boy, some of these cars really do make the rounds, don't they?

Ahhh, you missed something. Before Las Vegas they raced in ARRC out of Atlanta

Liked: 0

Guys.... if anyone knows the owner - can you ask him to pick up his emails - I would like to buy the dismantled one for spares... TY

Liked: 6

Default Green/White Reynard

If it was a paint job over red bodywork, I have it. (S/N 88SF-099)
    Tuck

Liked: 52

Default 92S-003 going back to England

RedRacer just purchased my 92S. I'm putting it in a container in Charleston on Friday. Everything went very smoothly and he's a really nice gentleman. I'm sure he'd love to have this as spare parts. I would be happy to give a reference on his behalf if the seller would like to talk with me.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 39

Default 89 Reynard

Thanks to all who showed interest. I have a pending sale on the car....it will be re-assembled by the new owner to run at Waterford Hills, and possibly the GLC series!!!!! I tried to answer all who contacted me, hopefully you received those replies along the way. Bruce

Tkx for the kind words Tim - has been very easy dealing with someone so straight forward and fair.

Obv should anyone have a Reynard in a pile of bits or one that is complete looking for a new home pls PM as I would like some more spares for the new toy.

Congrats on the sale Bruce! I'm so glad that the car is going to add to the field back there with you guys; exactly my best case scenario for it!

Jeff

@ Greg Coffin,

I think that dad likely didn't realize that you were asking him a question. He is doing much better, and he will be back out at the track in some capacity for the events at Pacific this year.

Liked: 145

Default Dad

Thanks. Hope to see both of you out at the track this year

Thread Information