Liked: 190

Default '07 Campbell Evolution Body

Chassis # 207, acted as the "factory" car with many updates and wizzy bits. I would like to sell it as a "kit" for two reasons. 1) Keep the selling price to a minimum, and 2) Larry would like me to build another car and help get more used cars on the market. I would offer it to be the same as a "constructors kit" only everything would be fitted.

The current car shown above (not the "kit") has: Superlite alloy wheels, ARS shocks, AIM dash, cockpit adjustable bias, Willians belts (2012), new rains on Aero steel wheels.

This car has won multiple Hoosier FST series races, set multiple track records and can't think of a DNF (once we switched to dry sump in late '07)

I would offer that one could build on the kit, I.E. buy as much (or as little) beyond the kit as you wish. I can also offer assembly of your kit and get you through your first weekend with local trackside support.

# 207 in constructors kit form: $9,500 (new, unfitted kit from Larry is $11k)

If interested, contact me and we'll figure out a package.

I've got loads of photos and videos of the car in action (many already posted on Apexspeed). Let me know if you want more.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 10.30.10 at 12:53 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Change in program, not going to build a new car, just going to ground up re-build # 207 over the winter. One thing the car will get is a fresh Evolution body (produced by Brian Utt), so the old body is for sale. Seen in the photo above and below, in gelcoat yellow. I'm sure it could be adapted to many FV conversions or homebuilt chassis. My bet is that this body could magically transform the "ugly duckling" Citation 84v into a really cool looking FST. Includes all hardware, internal scoops and related. $1,500 OBO

Last edited by Bill Bonow; 10.30.10 at 1:55 PM.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 0

What is the measurement from the roll bar to the front axle.

Liked: 151

Bill hear, posting from RGU's notebook. I'm at the ARRC (sorry for the delay in reply) and will measure when i get to the track.

Bill - can you respond to my PM or E-mail as well please?

Thanks
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Sorry guys, just returned from the ARRC.

orc,

The measurement from the back edge of the beam to the back edge of the roll bar is 65".

lawyerbob,

The Adams is a upright "cab forward" chassis. I'm certain that anything is possible, but sadly I doubt that the Evo body will mount on an Adams chassis.

In talking with Larry Campbell this weekend at the ARRC, he thinks that the Evo body would mount on a Citation (or Speedsport Citation clone) with some minor modifications.
    Bill Bonow

Thanks for the respond, The Adams is 54 ". Won't work.

Darn the luck. Even when we add the 2" up front it won't help.

Guess we're going to learn more about fabrication then!
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 25

Bob,

It looks like 2 of us are having to make new Adams body work, mine will be wide for my soon to be widened roll hoops, but I will not be adding 2 inches to my lenght
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SamF View Post
    Bob,

It looks like 2 of us are having to make new Adams body work, mine will be wide for my soon to be widened roll hoops, but I will not be adding 2 inches to my lenght
    Sam

Maybe we need to create a "stretchy" Adams Body that can be stretched to be wider or longer! lol
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

Bill,

I see there is a guy in Kentucky converting a Citation. Maybe you should contact him about this body.

Default No longer available

Well, after 11 posts and 1138 views, I can pretty much get the point that there is no interest in the body. I'm going to clean and buff out the yellow gel coat and just apply some new fancy graphics.
    Bill Bonow

Thread Information