Liked: 5

Default Superbikes International - Charlotte NC?

Has anyone bought engines from Ebay seller Superbikes International in Charlotte NC?

Their feedback and products look good.

Thanks in advance.

Ivin

Liked: 43

Ivin,

Yes, I bought my 08 GSXR from them that had only 535 miles on it. The motor was mint. It took them about a week longer to ship the engine then what was originally dicussed because the were short handed at the time. I shipped my wire harness out to George Dean to have the mods done to it and he found that I was missing the TIP Sensor. I made a quick call to Sal at Superbikes and he said he would ship one to me. I asked if he could ship it to my engine guy instead. He replied yes. I got an email from George the very next day and he told me that my tip sensor had arrived from Superbikes and they had shipped it Next Day Air. That is my experience with them. I would rate them strongly. If you have any questions talk to Sal directly as he is the answer man.

If you go through them let me know how it works out for you as I am considering buying another one from them in the future.

This seems like we as a group should have started a thread about engine suppliers a long time ago. It would give us a better idea of reputable dealers and buying experience.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    I would rate them strongly.

This seems like we as a group should have started a thread about engine suppliers a long time ago. It would give us a better idea of reputable dealers and buying experience.
    Great feedback Dan. Thanks.

Reviewing engine suppliers is a good idea.

I read on a DSR forum that an engine deal from Ebay seller Shy Motorsports was NOT a good transaction.

Liked: 80

That bad feedback would be from me. [Edit = To be clear, in deference to Sal's post below, I'm speaking about SHY motosports. I have no dealings with superbikes international.]

They jerked me around for a month on two engines for my DSR. Biggest frustration was that it was impossible to get anybody but the shop lackey on the phone. Maybe it was a transient situation, maybe not.

First engine looked absolutely brand new, still in the car. Second engine was a little grungy (some corrosion, coastal bike, I guess), but made as-expected power on George's dyno. Nicely shipped and everything else, good create etc.

I'd just expect that they'll take 2-4x longer to ship than they say, and that their communication sucks, but they'll eventually get you the motor.

Superbikes and SHY are the same outfit under different DBA's, I believe, since Sal Yousef is the guy to deal with at both places. Not 100% sure on that, though. [Edit = It appears that I'm wrong though - read below. ]

-Jake
    Last edited by JakeL; 11.10.09 at 9:12 AM.

Liked: 0

Default Hello

Hello hello...

This thread was brought to my attention by a racing buddy. I would like to start off by saying thank you very much for the kind words. I greatly appreciate it especially since my boss works my tail off (lol)!

Now as for Mr. Jake... Man did I have a heck of a time with your order. Superbikes Int'l did NOT fill your order. We had no dealings with you except the fact that we got billed for your shipment. You might be a little confused as what I am talking about. Here is the problem we have been facing for the last 4 months with SHY Moto, these guys used to be in the building that we just moved to a few months ago. We moved to our current address about 4 months ago. Since then we have had a heck of a time fighting and disputing bills for shipments that we had nothing to do with simply because we were assumed to be guilty by the building number. Freight carriers assumed it was us that had to billed for un-paid shipments because of our location. If you google our name or SHY moto, you will find the same building number for both companies. The fact is that we (Superbikes) are the only ones here. We asked management who used to be in our building and we found out that SHY moto used to be one of their tenants (how funny). We also found out that they had moved their location to just north of the city. But for the longest time they kept use of the 8425 building address. This hurt us because people would call us and show up asking if we were SHY moto. If you drive up to our building, there are 20 different suites but we are the only moto shop. So obviously fingers have been pointed at us. Thankfully, we have finally got most of these issues fixed, especially the billing issues. We have had nothing but problems with the SHY moto guys. We have called them to try to get ahold of a manager or whoever is in charge to resolve these issues and most importantly, THE COPY CAT ISSUES!!!!! These guys have copied our style, our pictures, our wording on several occasions.

JakeL now back to your order... You supposedly got a shipment with my name listed as the contact name / shipper. I asked our shipping broker how the heck we even got billed for your shipment. Her answer was that we were billed because of the billing address. They also added my name as the contact and no one at SHY moto cared to have it corrected. Again this is how much they care. we tried and tried to get them to call their account rep to fix this issue and no one would call us back. They even stopped answering our call. Our account rep finally came to our aid and fixed the issue and contacted the shipping rep for SHY moto to update them. Someone at FQ mixed the 2 accounts together because of the address. Agin the building address is the source of the problem.

We are experimenting with new layouts to set a new and distinctive image for our ebay store / listings. We want our customers to know that there is only ONE Superbikes and no other DBA! I am sorry for any past experience but feel free to call us. We are always to happy to speak with our customers. We even call you back when we miss your call

...sorry for the long rant
    Superbikes International
    info@isuperbikes.com
    www.isuperbikes.com

I bought a zero-mile 2008 GSXR engine from Sal @ Superbikes International. I just paid today so I haven't received it, but I am very confident that the engine will be as represented.
    Sal said the engine was from a silver 2008 that they acquired from a wholesaler or distributor. He said they will not buy bikes with aftermarket parts and they test every bike.
    I recommended that they advertise here on Apexspeed and Sal said they were considering it.

I'm currently trying to resolve an issue with Superbikes International in which they listed a pair of 'mint condition' wheels on E-Bay with brand new Dunlop tires installed for a 2008 Honda CBR1000rr. After winning the auction and paying them over $700 with shipping I was sent a set of repainted wheels with possible damage repair and completely worn out Bridgestone tires on them.

Here are 3 photos from the listing and what I recieved; note the detail photo of the wheels Superbikes International was claiming to be selling with their watermark across the image. It shows the original crinkled factory finish the wheels should have along with a brand new set of Dunlop tires installed:

Here's what I recieved:

As a current racer I feel it's important for there to be honesty within the industry and ensure that people are aware of what's actually happening with vendors vs. what they claim to be doing. I'm still working to resolve this issue, but in my opinion it's something people should take into considering before spending there hard earned money with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbanrancher View Post
    I'm currently trying to resolve an issue with Superbikes International in which they listed a pair of 'mint condition' wheels on E-Bay with brand new Dunlop tires installed for a 2008 Honda CBR1000rr. After winning the auction and paying them over $700 with shipping I was sent a set of repainted wheels with possible damage repair and completely worn out Bridgestone tires on them.

Here are 3 photos from the listing and what I recieved; note the detail photo of the wheels Superbikes International was claiming to be selling with their watermark across the image. It shows the original crinkled factory finish the wheels should have along with a brand new set of Dunlop tires installed
    I spoke with Lindsey in the sales office and she has explained to me that we have been in contact with you and you are not wanting to return the wheels. Lindsey has told me that we have provided you with the return shipping info and yet no returned item. We asked for photo's and nothing. Once we reviewed the photo's you posted on A.S. it was clear that the blotch's are hand prints, and the white speckles are from the styro-foam. The listing never stated brand new tires. BUT, I will ask the person that packaged the wheels why he shipped the wheels with Bridgestone's mounted and not the original used Dunlop's.

Other than that, no one denied you of a refund. If the customer is unhappy then we work to undo the wrong. However, you must help us to help you. You not wanting to send the wheels back doesn't help anything. There was no unfair practice on our part. If you may need any return instructions please call us or email us.

Regards,
    Sal
    Superbikes International
    info@isuperbikes.com
    www.isuperbikes.com

Liked: 30

One thing I have noticed about Ebay listings is mileage inaccuracies. I don't remember the seller, but the provided VIN was able to be searched on Google and pointed to the proper mileage which was 10 times higher than the indicated mileage in the listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal@Superbikes View Post
    I spoke with Lindsey in the sales office and she has explained to me that we have been in contact with you and you are not wanting to return the wheels. Lindsey has told me that we have provided you with the return shipping info and yet no returned item. We asked for photo's and nothing. Once we reviewed the photo's you posted on A.S. it was clear that the blotch's are hand prints, and the white speckles are from the styro-foam. The listing never stated brand new tires. BUT, I will ask the person that packaged the wheels why he shipped the wheels with Bridgestone's mounted and not the original used Dunlop's.

Other than that, no one denied you of a refund. If the customer is unhappy then we work to undo the wrong. However, you must help us to help you. You not wanting to send the wheels back doesn't help anything. There was no unfair practice on our part. If you may need any return instructions please call us or email us.

Regards,
    Sal
    Apparently there's a real lack of communication at your company, since I called yesterday and was told you would be mailing a return shipping label to me like I've been asking for since day one. There has never been a refusal on my part to return the wheels - I don't want them, because they are not what I bid on and paid for (just like I've stated repeatedly throughout the Paypal dispute).

The bottom line is a customer who has been defrauded should not have to pay for return shipping when the vendor outright lied in their listing. You displayed a photo of one item and shipped another altogether. Your listing shows of a set of brand new condition wheels and rotors with brand new tires on them, and your listing described the wheels as 'mint'. Nowhere does it say that refurbished wheels with worn out tires will be shipped in lieu of the what was displayed in the photo, yet that is what I recieved.

What legitimate business does this?

Why would you knowingly display a photo of brand new wheels and tires described as 'mint', and then ship a set of refurbished and possibly damaged wheels with worn out tires? Can you not understand why this is an improper way of conducting business?

If I display a photo of an item for sale, that is what I ship to the customer. Apparently you do not.

You also complained via Paypal that I discussed this on a forum, yet you take no accountability for your dishonesty. Consider this - I haven't discussed this on any motorcycle forums until this point, only here because a person was specifically asking about experiences with your business.

I'm not looking to ruin your business by badmouthing you, especially to your primary customer base. But don't rip me off and expect me to believe I'm at fault.

And don't continue to lie and make statements such as "We asked for photo's and nothing". All of our correspondence has been through E-Bay and Paypal until yesterday - please produce for me the conversation where you asked for photographs. Your company didn't even return any phone calls until yesterday afternoon, five days after I first posted here and left messages requesting I be called back.

Send me the shipping label as you promised so the wheels can be returned immediately, and credit me back every nickel I've spent on this deal.
    Last edited by Suburbanrancher; 12.02.09 at 2:15 PM.

Liked: 126

So what does all this have to do with FB cars?

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Rob, Ya gotta start

at the top.
    These guys have sold engines to "our" guys, and I believe the guy w/ the wheels is just answering the question posed early in the thread, "Does anyone have experience dealing with these guys".
    Boy, talk about the old bait and switch gone horribly wrong...
    GC

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by drdestructo View Post
    One thing I have noticed about Ebay listings is mileage inaccuracies. I don't remember the seller, but the provided VIN was able to be searched on Google and pointed to the proper mileage which was 10 times higher than the indicated mileage in the listing.
    The trick to buying items on Ebay is reading the seller feedback rating. If a listing says an engine has 5,450 miles on it & the seller has 3,000+ sales with a 99% positive or better feedback rating you can bet it's a pretty safe deal. Using this procedure I've never been burnt.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Default happy customer

I just bought a brand new 2008 GSXR1000 engine from Superbikes International for less than $3000; in fact it delivered yesterday. It does indeed appear to be brand new. It was packaged on a pallet with particlewood sides and tops and 2x4 inside runners and fastened with about 30 4" woodscrews - great crating job! Airbox, harness, ECU, headers, oil cooler etc. were included. I used my company account with Yellow Freight for shipping.

Sal was very professional on the phone and explained the market for breaking new/slightly used bikes (high-priced OEM replacement parts like fairings, wheels, forks, frames, engines etc. to repair crashed streetbikes) and gave me the background on the sourcing of the engine I bought.

Count me as a happy customer!

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    These guys have sold engines to "our" guys, and I believe the guy w/ the wheels is just answering the question posed early in the thread, "Does anyone have experience dealing with these guys"
    That's absolutely correct.

If a vendor is going to cater to racers (whether cars or bikes), they need to be 100% honest with their clientele - we rely on their honesty to ensure we're getting the equipment we require and pay for.

In this case, Superbikes International is claiming they'll be able to fulfill your needs by supplying motorcycle engines for cars. My position is, if they can't even honestly provide wheels to motorcycle racers, how are they going to provide much more intricate parts such as engines to other racers who need them? Maybe they'll provide what they say they will, but then again maybe they won't.

Sal should be happy I'm only discussing this here right now, and not on the motorcycle forums. I hate seeing people get defrauded, and I won't put up with it myself.
    Last edited by Suburbanrancher; 12.02.09 at 9:45 PM.

Edited as Sal has stated this will be taken care of. Update will follow after matter resolved.
    Last edited by Suburbanrancher; 12.04.09 at 7:00 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 99

Default Superbikes Int.

FWIW, I don't have a race car these days. I do have a street car in process with a 2007 Honda CBR1000RR engine (already installed). Since I am in need of several parts to complete the wiring, I checked their ebay store and found they had several. Not wanting to waste time with many separate bids, I emailed Superbikes Int to see how much of my wish list they could fill. They replied that they had nothing and wanted to sell me a newer motor. I don't see how they can take their moral high road when they cannot be bothered to sell to a lower dollar customer.
    Marty

Liked: 273

Default Buyer Beware

I'm reasonably certain that Sal Yousef of Superbikes International and Seth Yousef of Shy Motosports are the same individual. See the post from JakeL above.

Protect yourself if you purchase from either one of these companies. I often wonder what nefarious activites someone is up to when they play this sort of game.

I'm in the process of working an engine deal with Shy Motosports but for some reason they don't want to share the engine serial number with me before I pay for it. What reason would they have for not offering this up?? This really makes me suspicious.

Gary Hickman
    FB #76
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Classifieds Super License Brands's Avatar

I think Gary might be right about a connection between Superbikes International and Shy Motosports. I had a bad experience today with Shy. I drove up to NC to collect a motor at a pre-arranged time. I arrived early but there was no sign of anyone and no answer to my phone calls. Just as I was about to give up (having been there for 4 hours) someone turned up (Seth, I think!?). Of course they had no idea who I was and after a few phone calls it turns out that there was a pretty serious break down in Shy communication. OK, fair enough I thought, at least I won't have driven 450 miles for nothing today. I made sure I took the engine number with me from the ebay listing, and suprise suprise they didn't have it, had already sold it to someone else, the FB goblins had taken it etc, etc. Why they couldn't have told me this on Thursday when we arranged the pick up I'm not sure. Anyway, I was not happy but they did refund me and gave me some gas money after I suggested that would be a good idea too! Seth(?) mentioned several times another shop in Charlotte which made me think they are related to SBK International. Either way I would tread very carefully in dealing with Shy Motosports as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbanrancher View Post
    Edited as Sal has stated this will be taken care of. Update will follow after matter resolved.
    Gerard I am glad that you now understand that we were here to help from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Nygard
    FWIW, I don't have a race car these days. I do have a street car in process with a 2007 Honda CBR1000RR engine (already installed). Since I am in need of several parts to complete the wiring, I checked their ebay store and found they had several. Not wanting to waste time with many separate bids, I emailed Superbikes Int to see how much of my wish list they could fill. They replied that they had nothing and wanted to sell me a newer motor. I don't see how they can take their moral high road when they cannot be bothered to sell to a lower dollar customer.
    Marty
    Marty I was the only to actually explain that we are on a 2 year schedule. So we really don't have much of the older bikes coming in anymore (i.e 2007 CBR's). So that is why we suggested the 2008 model motors. From experience it's good to offer customers an alternative option versus saying "sorry we can't help you." At Superbikes we like to offer alternative solutions if we don't have exactly what the customer is looking for. It is always better to have an alternative solution to a problem versus nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ghickman
    I'm reasonably certain that Sal Yousef of Superbikes International and Seth Yousef of Shy Motosports are the same individual.....

I'm in the process of working an engine deal with Shy Motosports but for some reason they don't want to share the engine serial number with me before I pay for it. What reason would they have for not offering this up?? This really makes me suspicious.
    FYI, if I was going to be 2 different people at once, wouldn't it be wiser to use 2 completely different alias'?

Gary & to all others, please ask those who have purchased engines from us and ask them for their experience. Not sure why those of you who GIVE advice on shopping for engines are not following it! Why don't you guys CALL all the sellers? Why are you guys that are having issues with SHY not even calling us? On top of that you continue to follow through with your purchase with them, why if you are hesitant? Furthermore, the upset buyer assumes we are the same company and that Seth is me. Please take no offense to this, but why would you call SHY and place order while hesitant and not call us at SBK? Is it the $300-$500 price difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Brands
    I drove up to NC to collect a motor at a pre-arranged time. I arrived early but there was no sign of anyone and no answer to my phone calls. Just as I was about to give up (having been there for 4 hours) someone turned up (Seth, I think!?). Of course they had no idea who I was and after a few phone calls it turns out that there was a pretty serious break down in Shy communication. OK, fair enough I thought, at least I won't have driven 450 miles for nothing today. I made sure I took the engine number with me from the ebay listing, and suprise suprise they didn't have it, had already sold it to someone else, the FB goblins had taken it etc, etc.......
    Brands, I hate that you had that experience with SHY! But is there a reason why you contacted SHY and not us? Is it the $300-$500 less that attracted you to SHY? I know price makes a difference when customers shop.

I would like to clear this up once again, I am Sal Yousef and I am the Operations / Special projects manager @ SBK (in Charlotte & Indy). There is only one of me! And we as a company are only one! No one here at SBK has any reason to lie to you. There are board members here that can personally vouch for us.

For those of you who have any questions, I am more than happy to speak with any of you and more than happy to help you guys with any engine questions. Please try to give us a call, that is why we advertise our phone number.
    Superbikes International
    info@isuperbikes.com
    www.isuperbikes.com

Default Got it figured out, 2 words...

Evil Twin

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    Evil Twin

Please do not misunderstand my posts, I am not calling anyone names or judging anyone's character. I am simply clarifying information and identities. It is not in my character to bash on anyone. I will only speak what is true.

Thank you
    Sal
    Superbikes International
    info@isuperbikes.com
    www.isuperbikes.com

Sal, I see the wheels were signed for yesterday at your store by Owens - please update me as to when I am going to be refunded for the entire purchase price and shipping costs to and from as you discussed.

Check your email. Thanks.....
    Superbikes International
    info@isuperbikes.com
    www.isuperbikes.com

Default !!!!!!!laisne2007!!!!! remenber

Quote Originally Posted by Sal@Superbikes View Post
    Check your email. Thanks.....
    hello sal,

This is a week since I sent you a message and I still have no answer for the delivery of engines (r6 2008-2009).
    I began to find this strange!
    I await your response ...

It is a pity that I should come on this forum for this kind of problem

patrice (in France)

Liked: 273

Default things that make you wonder

Quote Originally Posted by laisne2007 View Post
    hello sal,

This is a week since I sent you a message and I still have no answer for the delivery of engines (r6 2008-2009).
    I began to find this strange!
    I await your response ...

It is a pity that I should come on this forum for this kind of problem

patrice (in France)
    This is interesting....funny how the internet can keep one honest!
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Quote Originally Posted by ghickman View Post
    This is interesting....funny how the internet can keep one honest!

Not a matter of dishonesty. As you can see I am not on the forum everyday. I get very little computer time at work. I am usually trapped in the engine room or cuffed to a motorcycle. I am confident to say that me and everyone at SBK work very hard to make sure our customers are taken care of!

Patrice... I am glad we got the shipment figured out. I know it went back and forth between UPS and DB Schenker. This month has been an interesting one.

Everyone, have a great Christmas Holiday & a great NEW 2010!

-Sal
    Superbikes International
    info@isuperbikes.com
    www.isuperbikes.com

I think at this point this may be a dead horse but just to show you what we constantly what we have to deal with. Obviously not Superbikes just some bold enough to use our watermarked pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150379410682

Regards,
    Sal
    Superbikes International
    info@isuperbikes.com
    www.isuperbikes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinsea View Post
    I just bought a brand new 2008 GSXR1000 engine from Superbikes International for less than $3000; in fact it delivered yesterday. It does indeed appear to be brand new. It was packaged on a pallet with particlewood sides and tops and 2x4 inside runners and fastened with about 30 4" woodscrews - great crating job! Airbox, harness, ECU, headers, oil cooler etc. were included. I used my company account with Yellow Freight for shipping.

Sal was very professional on the phone and explained the market for breaking new/slightly used bikes (high-priced OEM replacement parts like fairings, wheels, forks, frames, engines etc. to repair crashed streetbikes) and gave me the background on the sourcing of the engine I bought.

Count me as a happy customer!
    My local Suzuki dealer said the engine I bought from Superbikes checked out 100% and is brand new. He said the leakdown was 2% and is as good as he has ever seen.

Default hello everybody

I return to this forum to clarify to everyone that I received the engine and they are ok. There are no problems concerning the quality of materials and packaging.
    I was a bit scared because between Schenker and ups, I do not know where was the truth!

Thank you Sal and perhaps soon for another engine!

Patrice

im in the middle of dealing with them right now.. i orderdered a frame from them for over 3500$ and paid for it on march 4th with the promise that it would be shipped out in 3-5 buisness days. i did not recieve a tracking number untill 3-18. a full 2 weeks later. the tracking number continued to state "billing information recieved" on the 23rd of march so once again i called them. they said our warehouse misplaced your package and it will be shipped that night, give it 24 hours to update the tracking information.. when it wasnt updated a little over 24 hours later i opened a claim with paypal on the paypal customer service's advice. now, on 3-25 superbikes international says they will not ship parts out while there is an open paypal claim, my feeling is there wouldnt be an open claim if they had shipped it 2 weeks ago like they were supposed to. and the only way they will ship it is if i drop my paypal claim, which leaves me uncovered should they continue to stall in the shipment of my parts... i recommend going elsewhere for your parts

i just got off the phone with paypal security and they re-verified that once i close the open dispute i have absolutly no claim to my money or the part i ordered. still waiting for a call from some type of management at superbikes, but untill i hear from them i consider there company a complete fraud

Don't drop your claim until you get the stuff you've paid for. I fell for that once and lived to regret it - although it was eventually cleared up after a lot more hassle...

Default Hey Sal

Last edited by glenn cooper; 03.26.10 at 7:15 PM. Reason: Ahhh, F it...

Liked: 30

Sal's been selling the same couple of engines over and over again on ebay. Nice.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default I have bought several new motors from Sal,

Only problem I have with superbikes is there promise to ship in 3-5 business days.. then another order they said within 10 days for sure..

Both times they were weeks late from there promised shipping dates.. Yet they have always delivered as promised.

But I somehow get a feeling that when they sell a motor or part they dont always have them in stock yet.. they are still in transit to superbikes for the bike to be stripped and parted.

Either way I have been happy with product received just not on timeline at all.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Liked: 23

Default crankcase

Weren't you looking for a '08 gsxr crankcase? Did you find one?

Brett

Liked: 6

Default My experience w/ Sal

I just bought my motor for my new FB project from Superbikes and had ZERO issues.
    Sal was in constant contact with me by phone concerning the deal. He personally delivered my motor to me while I was in Indy for the 500, they have a warehouse in Indy.
    Dropped the motor off to Steve Lathrop the same day.
    Absolutely no issues and I'll continue to use them for my engine supplier.
    Thanks again Sal and I look forward to doing business with you in the near future for my backup motor.

- deal is pending at the moment
    Last edited by econo; 02.02.11 at 9:09 PM.

Thread Information