Liked: 78

Default 53 / 48 / 45 Semi Trailer

I am looking for a Cup style trailer, where the cars go on top. The trailer would be pulled by a semi....

Anyone know of anything around?

Liked: 717

I know this guy, he used to own a trucking company. Maybe he knows of something...

Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 3787

Liked: 805
    Last edited by Lotus7; 11.25.10 at 7:49 PM. Reason: correction

Liked: 11

Joe-
    Tri-Point is selling their ex-World Challenge rig & it is currently listed on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220698028292

Call Craig Nagler at Tri-Point for more info.
    Peter Calhoun
    Motorsport Manager- Michelin North America, Inc.
    Swift DB1-86 FF1600 (bye-bye 3.12)
    2009-10 SCCA CM National Champions

Liked: 0

So I followed the racing junk link to peruse the trailers while the kids watch Beauty and the Beast and was wondering what you use to pull those bumper pull stacker trailers. I can see perhaps a bus or large coach can pull the 24 foot ones, but what about some of them that are 30 to 37 feet or so?
    Ken

The longest Tag (bumper trailer) that I have ever seen was 32 feet. You can use a big pickup or bus to move those.

Peter,
    I noticed that one, but they are selling the truck too. I just want a trailer, I have 750 trucks at my disposal...dont really want another one! Hoping to find a deal as I have the shop to modify / clean up a trailer. I figured with all of these teams closing up, I should be able to find a nice one for 20-45k.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtovo View Post
    The longest Tag (bumper trailer) that I have ever seen was 32 feet. You can use a big pickup or bus to move those.

Peter,
    I noticed that one, but they are selling the truck too. I just want a trailer, I have 750 trucks at my disposal...dont really want another one! Hoping to find a deal as I have the shop to modify / clean up a trailer. I figured with all of these teams closing up, I should be able to find a nice one for 20-45k.
    Some of the trailer companies that specialize in the drag race or dirt modified market will go up to 36' on a triple axle tag, even a stacker, which is damn scary. Most are being pulled by diesel pushers & diesel coach/truck conversions; and a stacker behind any size pick-up is another scary ride.

I will keep my eyes open for a transporter style trailer, but there are not as many out there as you think, despite the economy. As I said the same thing six weeks ago, when I had an inquiry from someone. Indy or Charlotte are obviously the areas to scour for deals.

At the price you note it will be a basket case. A clean, reasonably equipped Featherlite is still an $85-100k trailer and that will be 10+ years old and not loaded by any means.

I would still call Craig to see if he is interetsed in splitting the pair. They did not use it much at all this year, being that Mazda pulled out of WC, of course the trailer is in LA too.
    Last edited by PCalhoun; 11.26.10 at 4:29 PM.
    Peter Calhoun

Default Trailer

TMC Transportation in Des Moines had for sale what you are looking for. I am not sure if it is still available.

They want $175k for that one, a little out of my range.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1495

National Speed Sport News always had a pretty good selection in their classifieds.

Default National Dragster

National Dragster (NHRA) magazine is always a good resource too, but the print copy more than on-line.

http://www.nhra.net/Classifieds/dragmart/
    Peter Calhoun

I guess TMC has to pay for all the chrome on their Petes somehow Try www.elitemotorsportsllc.com They usually have a pretty diverse inventory.

Rick

Default TMC Trailer

Joe,
    The TMC trailer is a little out of my price range also but it sure looks nice.

Dave

Contributing Member

Default Trailer

We have been looking at trailers for our business ( auto transport) and have seen a few nice ones like you are talking about on e-bay. Unfortunatly they can been in places you have never heard of. Also check truckpaper.com in their enclosed car trailer section.

Liked: 1

Default 53 foot Featherlite

I'm not sure if it is what you want, but on New Hampshire Craigslist Search "trailers" there is a 53 ft Featherlite listed.

Liked: 96

Contributing Member

Default Big trailer

I have recently come across a 48 - 50 foot semi trailer that is used to transport up to six street cars.This is hard sided not tarps. There are top ramps for half and plain wooden floor for the bottom ones. Top ramps are adjustable up and down. Dual axles....4 tires per axle. Oil bath bearings and air brakes. Obviously racing things would have to be added but it is a great starting point. I believe it would come out cheaper in the long run and could be completely custom. Cost is probably going to come out about $15,000 after the negotiations and posturing are done. Depending on your location it could possibly be delivered.

Liked: 23

Not too far above your $45k limit, but its been listed on ebay a few times now not meeting reserve, so perhaps worth a chat.

http://community.grand-am.com/forums...f-8868121fcf3c

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1147

Seems like it would get the job done.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Thread Information