Liked: 106

Default WTB: Swift SE-1 fuel cell, misc parts

Hey guys,

I'm starting a rebuild of a '89 Swift SE-1, and I need a fuel cell. It is the same (or quite close) to a DB-1 cell. Does anyone have a pic/measurements of a DB-1 cell so I can confirm? What about a good used cell, or where to get a new one (ie. ATL part #)?

I'm also looking for the front engine mount for a kent 1600 to the frame. I've seen pics of DB-1's with tubular braces or an aluminum plate across the front. Any comments on which is preferable?

I may need some new lower front A-arms, as mine are mostly patched up. Any out there?

I have a set of internal resevoir Penske shocks - no markings on them. How do I tell what they are? Can I open them up for cleaning, or do they explode apart, leaving small bits all over the place?

Any comments on the late 80's SE-1 frame? Any modifications I should do while I've got it torn down?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as it goes together. Thanks for any info/help!

Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Liked: 500

AeroTec did the origional Swift cells. They are great people to work with and make a quality product.562-696-1128
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 555

Gary, the fuel cell in my DB-3 (probably the same as a DB-1) is currently accessible. How about sending me the measurements you have and I'll see if mine is the same as your SE-1.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thanks guys,

I've talked to Neil Porter - he is fairly sure the SE-1/DB-1/DB-6 fuel cells are the same, so is looking into them for me.

We also talked about the SE-1 upright/suspension issue going from tall treaded UK tires to short US slicks. Anyone able to explain in a little more detail for me? I'm not sure that I'm too concerned, as I'll likely be running on the tall dunlops at least a fair bit.

The dampers are Penske 7400 non-adjustable. They don't explode when you pull them apart. Are these a decent damper? Suggestions for oil weight when re-assembling?

A bit of final welding tomorrow, then the chassis gets re-blasted and painted.

Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Frame is painted, floor is on it's way.

I'm building up the spare engine now - but I need to track down one center main cap for a 711M engine.

Who has a decent one sitting around?

PM/Email me please.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Well, that didn't take long - thanks again ApexSpeed!

Now a repeat question - who has a decent picture of the front engine mount in a DB-1/SE-1?

I don't have that bit, and I've seen a few bad pics of either tubular style, or an aluminum plate style. I'd really appreciate a couple of informative pictures.

Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Liked: 79

Gary:

Neil had Fuel Safe make up for my SE-3 a few years ago. I have a sketch I made if you want to compare. Let me know your email so I can send it out to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_T View Post
    Who has a decent picture of the front engine mount in a DB-1/SE-1?

I don't have that bit, and I've seen a few bad pics of either tubular style, or an aluminum plate style. I'd really appreciate a couple of informative pictures.
    Gary, this isn't an answer to your question, but you might find it a good read.

Post #5 in this thread has a few mentions of the different types of front engine torque tubes and plates: http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23747

Liked: 41

Gary - I have a SE-1. Can take a picture later today. Anything else you want a picture of?
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

Liked: 3

I think ANY pics would be of help. Gary and I recieved a bare frame a couple totes and some cardboard boxes, really a big jigsaw puzzle
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default SE-1 parts

I have a LOT of Swift (UK) parts on the shelf, and I'm eager to move them! I have several iterations of wishbones, but if you'll call with the measurements, I'll make sure that I've got the right one! I also have rockers, axles, rotors and much more.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    703-759-0567 most evenings until 9:00 PM eastern
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 99

Default Swft UK parts

Larry - Do you have any rear hubs for a 96 Swift UK? Mike Sauce

Liked: 290

I have what used to be a '91 SE1; seems to me that it came with what is basically an ATL FC150 cell in size, except for the filler neck plumbing (the FC150 having the filler neck right on the cell). I'm assuming the '89 would be the same?

I have countless pics of my car, but doesn't look like any posted show the cell...
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Thanks guys!

Neil Porter has talked to me about a cell - I'll likely go that way. I don't think an ATL FC 150 would fit properly, as it seems to require angles at the rear to allow airflow for the rad.

Bob, I'd love those drawings if you have them - my email is gary at blurredvisionracing dot com. Thanks.

Yes, any and all pics would be greatly appreciated - if anyone has an issue with putting them up on the net somewhere, let me know, and I can sort out some space and instructions to upload them.

Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Liked: 290

Ah, that's definitely a different setup then - mine had side rads.
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_T View Post
    if anyone has an issue with putting them up on the net somewhere, let me know, and I can sort out some space and instructions to upload them.

Gary
    GEEK Alert............
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Liked: 41

Mine has the rads in the side pods also.
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

My fuel cell was bolted back into place a few weeks ago, but if you think it will help, I can guess what the exterior measurements are (based on the aluminum enclosure's panels).

Lemme know.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thread Information