Thread: Lost Info

Liked: 0

Default Lost Info

Hi Guys,

It seems I can no longer access the posts that were on the old board. There were a lot of good discussions and info there that I was using for reference. In particular, I was looking for one post on desired/max oil and head temps and another that I believe was posted by Greg Rice which was a pretty comprehensive list of suppliers for parts and assemblies. Is there a way to find these again?

Thanks,
    Rick

Classifieds Super License samiam520's Avatar

Default FST Forum

Well, seems as though it is gone. Just ask again and you will receive answers here. The same people hang out here.

Head Temps..... as cool as possible. And always ask where the measurement is being taken when you talk to other racers because the temp under the plug is way hotter then under the head stud. I would like to see 400-450 under the plug if possible on a FST

Oil Temps....... Again, depends where the measurement is being taken. Oil pan? Oil galley, dry sump tank, there seems to be a lot of different ideas where the best place to measure is. I use oil pan temp and like no more then 240. Of course that is with a wet sump design.
    Scott

2006 Crusader FV & 2010 DFC10 FST

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Last time I logged in on the old forum it directed me here which is where I've been following for quite a while but I didn't know all the info was going to be deleted from the old site. I couldn't remember if the temps mentioned were taken at the sump (dry sump), the "pan", or the main galley. I remember the suggestion of taking head temps at the inner stud on #3 but couldn't remember the the range. I guess the memory thing goes with age. But then it's been a long time since I raced a Vee and needed a refresher course anyway.

Thanks,
    Rick

Liked: 190

Ricky,

Yep, looks like that info (and site) is gone.

Oil temps with dry sump will be about 30 degrees cooler than with wet sump. We've been picking up temp in the tank and seeing 205 F on the low side to 230 F in a tight multi car draft with ambiant around 90 F (~ 70% humidity). The common head temp pick up is just as you remember (inner upper stud on #3) and should be 300 F to 325 F range. We all picked that common location to make good comparisons. Under the spark plug is best, but hate the potential for trouble (real or not).

There are a large number of suppliers of parts. Somethiong in particular or just wanting future reference?
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 151

Default fst info

Don’t worry much about the lost information because that information is always available from the members of the Formula First Drivers Association. We are planning on adding more technical articles to our web site www.Formula-First.org over the winter. There have even been a number of good suggestions about instructional videos. This of course takes some time, but it will happen.

In the meantime e-mail me at fst at Rochester dot rr dot com and I’ll put you in touch with someone who can provide what you want to know if I can’t answer you myself.

Thanks Guys,

The temps were needed more than the supplier list at the moment but the list I remember seeing was pretty comprehensive with contact info included. That is more for future reference since I'm going together initially with less than desireable pieces to find out if my ideas work. If all turns out well, I will upgrade to be competitive. At this point it's just "test mule" stuff. Although now that I've relocated to Texas I don't know who I'm trying to be competitive with since I don't see another FST listed anywhere in the SW division. Looks like I should have stayed in the SE.

Rick

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4363

Default From the Archives ...

This was the list that I previously posted. At that time, I was working very hard to grow FST by trying to get more venders involved. The Hoosier Series in the Midwest is totally vender-driven by specific vendors and my efforts to involve more was unsuccessful, to say the least, and the list was not preserved by those involved when I jumped ship.

I have personally had some business with all on this list previously and consider them to be supportive members of the FV/FST community. I have not updated contact info but can if prompted.

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Alternative FST Services[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Autowerks Engines, New Jersey, 732-968-5591 [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Engines. Dave Carr, autowerks-at-hotmail.com [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]BRD, Vallis Motorsports, Ontario, CAN ,905-384-0016 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cars, engines, transmissions, car prep. Bill Vallis [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Carmody Glassworks, New York, 607-796-0476 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Fibreglass parts, car prep. Ray Carmody, rcarmody-at-stny.rr.com [/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Crusader Race Cars, California, www.crusaderfvee.com[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Cars. Blake Tatum [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]DDC Racing, Michigan, 734-697-3874 [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Engines. Dave Satterly [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Evolution, Campbell Motorsports, Michigan,[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Cars. Larry Campbell, [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]www.campbellmotorsport.com[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Jim Lepetich, California, Engines, jalepetich -at- sbcglobal.net

Greg Rice, Western NY, Raceprep. Conversions,
    greg13rice-at-hotmail.com

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Lybarger Racing Enterprises, Illinois, [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]www.lreracing.com[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana] Transmissions, race parts. Bob Lybarger[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Noble Racing, Kansas, 785-539-8604, noblerace-at-aol.com [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Engines, car prep. Lisa Noble[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Quixote Racing, California, 619-561-7774, fvraceri-at-cox.net [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Parts, engines, trans, general. Dietmar Bauerle, after 5 pm & weekends[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Ron Chuck Engines, California, (650) 367-7498 [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Engines, parts, car prep. Ron Chuck [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Roxannes Headers, Florida,[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]www.roxannesheaders.com[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Exhaust systems. J.R. Russell[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Stinger, Volsep Stinger Racing, California, (209) 599-6096[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Cars[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana], engines, parts, rentals, car prep, fabrication. Bob vlspstingeracing-at-aol.com [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Veetech, Wisconsin, (414) 764-8969 [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Engines. Jim Waschelaeger [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]VDF, Vee Sport Racing, Connecticut, [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]www.veesportracing.com[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Cars, transmissions, exhaust systems, parts. Steve Pastore[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Westwind Performance, Colorado, 303-263-7920 [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Engine, transmission, fabrication, car prep. Lynn Fangue, [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]westwindservice-at-yahoo.com[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Womer Race Cars, Maryland, edwomer68-at-yahoo.com
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Cars, car prep, fabrication, Ed Womer[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by problemchild; 11.12.10 at 9:58 AM. Reason: Info updates
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 50

Due to a conscious effort on Rice Cakes part we were overlooked on this list, yet we are the largest supplier of FST parts. We are also the most price competitive and we are a reseller for most of the large hi-quality engine parts. (Scat, CB/Bugpack, and most others.) Some of the retailers Rice listed buy from us. Since we have been involved in FST from it's creation, we are also usually more helpful in being able to assist you with your requirements. Also being involved from the beginning, we can recommend to you things that work well and things that don't. While there are many vendors that meet many of your needs. I think we are the only one that carries EVERY FST part needed for your engine or conversion and are totally familiar with the class.

Another thing that Rice fails to mention; Being on the FST rules committee one of my demands (along with others) is that the FST rules be created to allow for as many vendors as possible. (Unlike FV where you were limited to 2 or 3 for the most part.) In this vein we spent thousands of dollars testing parts and even telling people where they could buy parts outside of us. Even showing VW magazine ads where you could purchase many of those parts. People still buy from us, for many reasons: We match all other prices, we ship that day or the next, and are geographically close to the heart of the class, keeping ship costs and times low.

Rice mentions that he "worked hard to grow FST". That flies in the face of everthing he did at the track. He was caught blatently cheating at least once, he was panalized for runnning cars of the track and while solicited many times for his participaton in the social events he would not attend. (Not to mention sending emails of false information to potential customers and FST potential participants.) Nor would he contribute to the rules making process other than negative positions that he took on most everything suggested. (Including a tyrant against dry sumps that probably become the greatest thing in the package.) His participation in the rules process were primarilly backstabbing emails to people.) When Rice decided to leave FST there was a vocal celebration in the paddock of his leaving at all the following events.

I appoligize for this post, but I have let his blatent digs go by time after time and wanted to clear things up.

Again I am sorry, but after our ~7 years of support for this concept and expendentures of thousands of dollars for testing parts and rules, I don't need to hear his claims that he was trying to help the class when the contrary is fact.

Feel free to buy your parts from anywhere your choose. The competition keeps the prices down (the intent of the class). We will be at the track for every FST event to assist you no matter where you buy them from. We don't plan to bad mouth other vendors nor desert the class and then tell you we are here to help.

Thanks
    Last edited by sracing; 11.07.10 at 10:32 AM.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 1417

Ok, before this continues further, we're going to nip this in the bud </barney fife> right now. I've been patient for years with this ongoing sublime and sometimes obvious verbal battle between Greg Rice and anyone from the SRacing or Evolution FST camp that he has deemed evil. Frankly, I'm beyond tired of it. This stops right here, right now.

Greg, if you don't have anything to positively contribute without taking a stab at Jim Schings, Bill Bonow or any of the other FST people, then do everyone a favor and stop posting on ApexSpeed. Your posts that take passive shots at others in the class continue to make you look petty and whinny, and it helps NO ONE in FV or FST. Flame baiting and trolling are not tolerated here on ApexSpeed.

Jim, Bill, et al... let it go. Greg left the class and continues to throw flaming arrows in your direction even after his departure—he doesn't matter anymore to FST. It means nothing to anyone paying attention. The playground bickering needs to stop for good. Take it up at the track if it means so much to everyone in involved. Childish insults and name calling are not tolerated here on ApexSpeed.

This is absolutely the last time I want to talk about this issue at all with anyone. The next time I see a PM to me or post on the forums with even the most thinly veiled insult, that person will be excused from the forums indefinitely, without warning and without explanation—and I don't care if they are a Senior Member, Forum Sponsor or Global Moderator.

Got it?

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4363

I labelled my list "Alternative FST Services". It was requested by another Apexspeed member.

The assumption was that everyone knows to contact SRacing, Race Car supply, or Bill Bonow for FST parts and info. The person that asked the question knew that and was looking for a broader list.

I spent over an hour looking for that info. Then I had to reformat it because this site software did not like it. I thought that I presented it in an unbiased form. My apologies to those that misunderstood my intent and did not appreciate my effort.

Cheers!

PS .... Oops! Among all the nice things said about me, was that I had left FST. While I am no longer a competitor with the Midwest FST, I am still very active helping friends and active competitors with parts, services, and advice. I added my name to the list. I am most interested in raceprep and conversions from FV to FST or vice-versa.
    Last edited by problemchild; 11.10.10 at 1:05 PM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 50

I may have read more into the first paragraph than needed. But historic actions pushed me to that.

Issue is closed and my appologies to Doug and the group.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Sorry my thread opened old wounds. It was not meant to do so. Greg, thank you for the list I was looking for. I thought it was you who posted it originally but was not sure therefore I didn't want to pester you with a pm. Jim, I'm well aware of your position in the FST community with regard to parts, supplies, helpful info, etc. and will be ordering much of what I need from you in the future. I appreciate the helpful info I've gotten from everyone here and on the old site.

Rick

Thread Information