Thread: My new car

Liked: 0

The search is over, and I just want to thank everyone that have answered any of my questions directly or on this site, or through posting helpful info or answers to other people's questions on this site. It has been very helpful!

I have been looking for a long time for primarily a 95 Van Diemen FC, and when I was getting ready to plan a long road trip to buy a car, then all of a sudden a car became available in my price range here locally.

The great thing is that the first owner of the car was 6'4" and had it set up for him, and the second owner only adjusted the pedals back some, so at 6'3" I have no problem fitting in it.

Now, I am on a limited racing budget, so it will be a while before I have plans to do any wheel to wheel racing. Initially I am planning to do some test/practice/open track days to get used to the car and speed.

I do AutoX/SOLO2 too, but have not decided if I will do that with this car or not. I recently bought a used 125 shifter kart that I will probable use for that (instead of my 90 Corvette that I now plan to sell).

Me and my 95 Van Diemen in my garage.

Anyhow, thanks again guys!
    Kristoffer Gjevre

[size="1"][ November 13, 2002, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: kgjevre ][/size]
    Kristoffer Gjevre

Liked: 33

Kristoffer, good looking new car!! We are going to be testing in late Dec at the streets of Willow. If you want to come let me know. The cost is $500 for the hole day durning the week. All the track time you want with no one els out there. Let me know thope18@juno.com

tom hope
    93/95 VD
    Tom Hope
    Pacific F2000
    NASA NP01

Welcome Kristopher! Great looking car, I may have to make that date in Dec. Tom which day?
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Hey Michael, first good job getting us the race date for Fontana. Im sure it was not easy. As for the test day Im not sure. I do know that we can rent the track as an exclusive for $1600. If we get 4 -6 cars it becomes cheep!! Non exclusive is $500. Maybe we can get a CalClub Open Wheel test day. The more the better. Kind of like a CART spring training.

Tom Hope
    93/95 VD
    Tom Hope
    Pacific F2000
    NASA NP01

Tom,
    I would like to make it to the test day, but it all depends on if I can get a day off from work (we are in crunch mode with milestone dates coming up) and if I can get around to getting the necessary gear together in time (helmet, suit, trailer, ...). I was also thinking about hiring some track support for the first outing(s) so it kind of depends on that as well.

[size="1"][ November 13, 2002, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: kgjevre ][/size]
    Kristoffer Gjevre

I can help with the trailer, our trailer holds two cars. Good luck with the rest. Let me know.

tom
    Tom Hope
    Pacific F2000
    NASA NP01

Liked: 605

as you seem to care to turn laps with your new car, do yourself a favor, IMHO never think about AutoXing the car, the setups are totally different, the thought of changing out the gear box for four 55 second runs is more work than the length of the fun, the cost of a wing that clipped a cone is big

Liked: 68

Kongratulations! If (as I suspect) that is Mark Peller's old car, it is a good one. Hope to see you at the track soon!
    EG

Thread Information