Thread: Will I fit?

Liked: 0

I am 6'0" and 195 lbs. Will I fit in one of these cars?

Liked: 78

Most cars are going to have different interior dimensions, but it should not be much of a problem. If you find a car you are interested in, most people on this board will let you know. But much bigger guys have come and conquered before.

Have fun.

you would fit into my RF94
    there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

You would fit in my RF89 as well!!

Mike Walters

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1492

From my recent experiences buying a car, and the fact that I'm about your size (6'0, 205) here's my observations:

89-96 Van diemans are a bit small in the footbox (I'm buying tighter shoes to buy a bit more room, and if you're a size 13 or up, it'll be tough) but are plenty big in the shoulders/torso area. The space where your thighs go through the front hoop is also pretty tight.

87-92 Reynards are bigger in the footbox, but I found the strange rollbar configuration to restrict my peripheral vision. Since I have long legs and tend to sit back, my head was inside the rollbar structure with the forward bars ahead of my eyeline. I just couldn't get comfortable. You may not have that problem.

89 and up euroswifts (not too many of these out there) planty of room everywhere.

All DB-3's and 88 and earlier euroswifts - small enough that it's really an issue of trying the car on to make sure.

Citations (all) seems to be plenty of room.

Regardless, take your racing shoes when trying a car on.

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar

I'm 6'2" and 210 lbs. and fit into my Vector FF.

Not much of a problem, .. I just made a new foam seat.

I sat in a 97 VD, .. they are suposed to be the smallest of the VDs and I was comfortable, ... ..

Curtis
    96' vector FF
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Curtis is right. The 97s are much smaller. If you are interested in a 97, make sure it is a RF97/2. This is what I have and I am 5'10 195 and fit fine. VD began making the 97 model extremely narrow, so narrow that the likes of deMata could not fit and they started getting complaints. A few months into production, they changed the chassis slightly which created more room, which created the RF97/2. If you are looking at a 97 make sure you know what you are looking at. The years before and after are much more spacious as well. You should not have a problem. my suggestion is to go to somebody that has a similar car that you are interested in and sit in it. This can give you some direction in what you might be interested in and help with your purchase.

Thread Information