Liked: 1

Default 07-08 GSXR 1000 wiring harness

I hope to get my F-1000 on the track in 2 weeks.
    The 07 GSXR 1000 just arrived and George Dean is too busy to do the wiring harness.
    I had a copy shop blow up the wiring diagram so it is very easy to follow.
    GDRE has done 2 other harnesses for me so I have a good idea of what it takes to get these engines running after he simplifys and labels the harness.

What needs to be done to the unmodifyed harness to make the engine run besides gluing the pendulum in the tip over switch ( or use 2 appropriate resisters) and a 100 OHM resister to fool the ignition.
    What do I do with the kickstand switch?
    How about the pull the clutch in to start ?
    How about the power mode switch which came with the harness.
    Does the ECM automatically put the engine in low power mode at each start-up?
    If so does one activate the rocker switch twice for full power.
    I do not have stock dash and will be using a AIM dash.
    What about the ECM and the 5th gear issue?
    Does someone have a 07 GSXR loaner harness or one for sale or trade for my stock unmodified harness?

If someone on this forum knows how to get the 07 GSXR 1000 running without serious harness surgery and would not mind taking the time to help me please call Herman Pahls Oregon 541 404 6464 Thanks

Liked: 278

Just got mine (08) running Monday. We did (from my notes)...

Tip-over sensor - 15KOhm resistor between red and black wires, 3KOhm resistor between black and black/brown wires

Side stand - solder together the green and black/white wires.

Clutch - was the yellow 11-wire plug; connect the green and white wires.

Ignition switch - 100 Ohm resistor between orange/yellow and orange or any other switched hot (+12VDC) wire. The red wire also gets soldered to the orange wire. Also jump together the brown and orange/green wire.

Handlebar switch (engine run/stop and crank): connect the orange/black and the orange/white switch to run, disconnect to stop - I put these on my ignition switch on my dash. Then crank/starter is connecting the same orange/white to the yellow/green wire.

I ran the fuel pump off the stock pump relay; the connector is a yellow/red wire (+12VDC) and the usual black/white ground.

The power mode switch we omitted, as it will default to the tune with the most powerful tune and quickest throttle response.

I'm not using the stock dash either, but am using a DL1; am familiar with AIM dashes too, have one (Mychron3) in my IT car. So far, I've only wired in the tach, but will be following up with other connections as I have time - jamming through to complete the full build in the next 3 weeks!

Here's the pinout I've found on the stock dash connector:
    tach signal - yellow/blue
    Neutral light ground - blue/black
    ground black/white
    oil pressure light - green/yellow

At the ECU (will have to dig out wire colors too):
    TPS - pin #6 (black/pink?)
    tach - #11 (yellow/blue)
    Intake Air Pressure - #19
    gear posn - #22 - pink
    Engine Coolant Temp - #32
    O2 sensor - #34
    sensor ground - #35
    ECU ground - #36 - black/white
    Neutral - #67

Hope that helps...
    Last edited by 924RACR; 09.14.10 at 10:23 AM. Reason: corrections to dash wiring layout
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Liked: 278

Some updates corrections here... will edit the original post for correctness.

I'm having trouble getting the gear indication to work; I'm getting about 4.6V on it, but doesn't really change much when I shift. OTOH, this is with the engine running; I've already heard it needs to be calibrated with the engine running. Still strange, though, will have to investigate further.

The neutral indicator is indeed the blue/black wire; it'll be ground for a light, if you feed the light power elsewhere.
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Thread Information