Liked: 0

Default Who's coming to Grattan in August 14-15

[FONT=Times New Roman]Had a great time racing with everyone at Mid-Ohio. We plan on entering Grattan assuming the inspection of the car doesn't turn up any surprises. I really encourage those who haven't got their car out for one reason or another to come join us. The GLC is a good group to race with and provides good racing. On Saturday there were five of us swapping positions back and forth for over half the race. And it was all aggressive and VERY clean. Everyone realizes their competitors are on a budget and that a foolish mistake could end their season along with yours. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Starting the count for Grattan:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Michael Baden FC Tatuus [/FONT]

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Default Grattan

I registered last night after returning from Mid-Ohio.

Dave Rock
    1990 Reynard CFC

Liked: 19

Default Me Too

Haven't registered yet, but I'll be there.

Steve

Will be finishing the set down Monday, then we will register but so far car looks ok. No tires, no droop in the rear suspension, one big hill and a banked turn, incorrect 2nd gear,sure hope you guys are ready to bench race in the evening cause that is what we will probably be best at this weekend. Group 6? Last week it was group 5 now group 6, man I am getting too old for this! Looking forward to good weekend with Western Michigan guys and the GLC group. Anyone have access to electricity so I can keep my battery charged? Thanks.
    Last edited by csrazzle; 08.06.10 at 6:23 AM.

Liked: 610

Default GLC Grattan

Spoke to Carlos Franka (FC) and he should be ready to run.
    Dennis Baran (CFC) is cleaning our the bad cell foam that slowed him down at Mid-Ohio, so there are no excuses.
    Last I spoke to Greg Rempel (CFC), Dad and him were coming.
    Bruce MacDonald has been busy (CFC) with work (I thought he was retired), but is going to try hard to finish the repairs needed, from his Waterford Hills off-road run, two weeks ago.
    Dan Moon called (FC) before I arrived in today. Bet he's coming.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Default New car for Steve M.

Steve M,
    What gives? I see you have entered in FC for this weekend in a VanDieman. Have you traded in your Reynard for a new ride? If so what year did you get. I'm heading up to the shop in a bit to check out the rest of the Tatuus this morning. If things go well I will register this evening. Looking foward to another good weekend of close racing.

Michael

Default Grattan

Steve still owns his Reynard.
    Spoke to Dan Moon, his car (Ray) is being driven by someone else this weekend, but he is also looking at another, which he might be driving with us.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Default GLC Grattan Results

Results are up on MyLaps
    http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=580818

Great fun in spite of the heat. Missed Micheal Baden and Dennis Baran both of whom went home after Friday practice.

Maybe Keith could let us know where the points stand. CFC has to be pretty tight. Greg Rempel swept the Waterford, Rex Gunning took both wins at MO (although didn't get the fastest qualifier points), and Bruce MacDonald was the big winner at Grattan (both races, fastest qualifier and fastest race laps).

Next race is Oct 9-10 at Mid-Ohio. It should be very interesting. Rex is always the guy to beat at his home track. But Bruce MacDonald was very fast there in his first visit there last year. I know he's been looking forward to returning. Greg Rempel could be a wild card having run only Waterford. Then again the winner might be someone else all together.

How was the new car Steve? Any other story lines from the race? We were sure disappointed as the car has been so reliable this year. We had a head gasket issue and with the heat, getting up at 2:30 a.m. to drive to the track and the fact that the crew (Chuck ) is not getting any younger, we decided to repair at home. Looking forward to Mid Ohio, hope the October weather is good. We enjoy getting together with the gang and our FF buddies. Hope to make complete series next season.

Default Grattan GLC -points total

Those of you who were around for the weekend, found the racing weather much better than the Friday test day.
    Missed Michael and his Tatuus, he would have had a great time keeping Carlos (and Steve) busy. Get that other motor installed and put the one you had in the car, in a corner marked with a big question mark! I think that block may be history.
    Bruce, you sure showed the speed!
    Rock, if he keeps the other from getting away at the starts, he will be trouble for the other CFC racers.

Here are the (total) points as we lead into the GLC final at Mid-O.

F/C
    Franka #44
    Knight #40
    Baden #26
    Allaer #23
    Moon #16
    Myers #15
    Gonda #14
    Schornage #13
    Brown #12
    Fergus # 1

CFC
    MacDonald #46
    Rock #34
    Rempel #28
    Gunning #25
    Myers #23
    Baran #12
    Keep # 9
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Good news, no water in oil, dropped diffuser and drained pan this morning. Looks like a fluke head gasket issue though nothing definitive. Cylinders good. New filter, flush cooling system and currently leak checking head then back together. We could put the other engine in, it is new and ready to load. No final decision on that yet, it will be a work in progress for the next couple of days. I might stiffen the anti roll to see if that helps the handling, any other thoughts Keith? Then back to Gingerman to test for us. We plan to be ready for Mid Ohio.

Default GLC

CSRAZZLE.
    If you can have some photo's taken, like after a hard braking zone, or while in some corners, etc., I think you will see what needs your attention next. I would have loved to do that this past Sat-Sun. Always something to be seen.
    Otherwise, I think we already talked about your next move.
    Call me if you need.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Quote Originally Posted by csrazzle View Post
    How was the new car Steve? Any other story lines from the race?
    The Van Diemen was incredible. Very different from the Reynard. It to a few sessions to get used to it and make some adjustments to make it more comfortable. I as able to run with Carlos by Sunday morning and had a good time racing with him and Bruce (and Steve Johncock in FM).

Thread Information