Liked: 0

Default FV racing options on the east coast?

I'm a 16 year old complete-and-total rookie autocrosser who's looking for a car that I could use in F-Mod and wheel-to-wheel racing, and from what I can tell, a FV is my best bet. I'm around 6'0", 190ish pounds, average build, if that helps at all with car choice. if I had my pick, I'd be in a vintage vee, since I prefer the looks of them, but once I have a bit of money to put towards a FV, I'll pretty much take whatever I can get. I know I would be the only F-Mod in my local autocross club, but the club isn't SCCA sanctioned, we just use SCCA rules for simplicity's sake, but how's the FV turnout at tracks in and around Virginia? (VIR, Summit Point, etc.) I'm a complete rookie to most forms of motorsports, even a bit mediocre in sim racing, but I'm thinking that expense wise, a FV is going to be my best bet for autocross and wheel-to-wheel racing, and if by some act of god I manage to break it out on the autocross course, I haven't returned my daily driver to kit form, which is something I have experience doing unfortunately. could anyone give me any tips for someone interested in just starting out?

Liked: 5

Welcome to racing wheel to wheel... a FV or a Club ford would be a great starting point.

FRCCA runs at Summit point (we have an august date at Shenandoah if you want to come out and see us) and we love new drivers in fords

www.formularacecarclubofamerica.com

or email John Heckman, president, at frcca@ptd.net for more details!

We accept many licenses so talk to John before making any assumptions!

Good luck, hope to meet you at an event soon!

Dani
    Dani

#24 1977 Lola T440
    New York
    FRCCA Metro Region

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Its not the speed, its the sudden stop....

Liked: 41

SEDIV has a pretty good Time Trial Program where there are quite a few Formula cars running. We run at CMP, Nashville, Roebling, Road Atlanta and TGPR. Each day of a 2 day event gets you about an hour of track time which is more that you get in a Double SARRC weekend. Best way to get lots of cheap seat time in a Formula car.
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default SCCA Regional MARRS Race August 8th

There is a SCCA regional MARRS race at Summit Point on August 8th but I suggest that you go up on the 7th and talk the Vee folks. The MARRS Summit Point races usually have good turnouts and you won't find a nicer group of racers and they have great advice for those starting out. You can find out more at www.wdcr-scca.com.

Regards,

Ray Phillips

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default MARRS Race this Weekend

There are 14 vees registered for the MARRS race at Summit Point this weekend.

Ray

Liked: 13

Slyp Dawg; Also at Summit Point on August 21 & 22 will be the Formula Race Car Club of America (FRCCA) the BIG difference is that the FRCCA is a race club for ONLY Formula Cars! That is the only type of racecars you will see and ALL types of formula cars are Welcomed and the time on track is outstanding. There will be 2 complete race events, Yes, twice as much track-time and twice as much racing. If you win, twice as much bragging and trophies. If you enjoy formula cars you will enjoy the FRCCA.

Liked: 310

If you are looking for a car that will be fairly competitive in both FM and club racing with minimal changes, you need an F500. A club racing FV will be blown away in FM.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default upgrade

the coolest thing about FV is that you can make it into a FST

i personally feel that autocrossing experiences are not translateable to actual open wheel competition

have you considered hillclimbs?

HAVE FUN

Liked: 0

Can you make it to Summit Point, WV this weekend? It is about 2.5 hrs away. 19 FVs and 3 F500s will be taking the track on sat, sun, and mon with the main event monday afternoon. It would be a great way to meet the local FV racing crowd including one from Richmond.

-Matt Hayes
    FV 49

Thread Information