Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 151

Default Rob's Vid

What a determined drive!!! What amazed me was that Dave Dawson's tail was never hit---and it went by very fast fast.

Thanks for posting that Rob glad to see the race. You see almost nothing from Start Finsh

Liked: 3

Sorry about the "litter" on the track. Thanks for not hitting it. I thought for sure by the time I got it back it would be a fiberglass rag.

Sunday morning was a ball. To bad it ended on a sour note. That lesson won't soon be forgotten.

It took 4 years to be able to stick with the guys at the pointy end of the grid. I am looking forward to Grattan to see if I can keep up.

Dave

Liked: 58

Default Final lap

Finally saw the whole video this morning. Was hoping to see Bill and I rub rear tires in T3 on the final lap. Not quite close enough for a good view of it. What a ride that race was!

Doug FST 5

Liked: 10

Default New Video - Race 2 & Sunday Qualfying

Have posted the videos for Race 2 and the Sunday Qualifying, here are the links

Sunday Qualfying
    http://vimeo.com/13746072

Quality is not great, had an issue with moisture in the GoPro Camera Case, probably due to sealing it at the hotel room and then racing in the heat at the track. Also Camera mount falls over at the end badly.

Race 2
    http://vimeo.com/13744905

So this shows all the drama from Race 2, the F500 spinning, the crash and subsequent black flag. Also my energised hand waving - if you thought Italians where bad for talking with their hands they have nothing on a pissed off Kiwi.

Anyway enjoy, will make some improvements to the mounting and my editing and have some more video's after Grattan.

Rob

Senior Member Diamond Level Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default Go Pro

Robert,

What "R" setting are you using on your GoPro?
    Scott

Liked: 0

Default Robert U

Must really miss that guy in the 500, I saw you wave to him at least 5 times in Qualifying and then once in the race .

Who's your buddy?
    Carl Middelegge
    2007 Evolution MK 1.3 FST

Liked: 10

Default GoPro Settings

Scott

GoPro is set to r2 - 1280x720, I was going to try a full HD record for one of the sessions (r5) but just didn't get around to it - given the reduction in field of view I am not sure if its worth it, but you might loose some of the depth distortion that makes the cars look further apart then they really are.

Will give it a try for one of the qualfying sessions at Grattan

Cam

I wasn't waving I was actually trying to throw a match at him.......

Liked: 33

Sunday qualifying was great! I was working Turn 8 and you guys were together just about the entire time.

I also have to give you all big props for behaving so well..and like all drivers should under a yellow when the red FF had the impact exiting turn 7.

Bill, thanks for the shirt!
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Default Go Pro

Robert,

Thanks for the info. I have been using R5 which makes for a nice picture, however, the 40 minute file is just under 4GB. When I play it back on my computer it is kind of choppy. I would guess because of the large amount of information.

My wife is working on editing it so I will have to see how it comes out. Will post it if I can.
    Scott

Default Video Q2 Road America

Here is the video from Q2. My son and I went out together to try to improve our times. Please excuse the sloppy driving, it was my first race of the year and the first time at RA.

http://vimeo.com/13787780
    Scott

Default Another perspective of the T-6 mess

Here is Race #2

F500 spun in T-6 and caused a black flag all.

Of course my camera ran out of memory before the end of the race.

Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/13803997
    Scott

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information